Cost of Living in Thailand Over the Last 8 Years by The Pattaya Sleuth

Inspire

Spot on thumbsup.gif

This shows the truth

Not the 0-2% increase the government is telling all - every year.

coffee1.gif

The government doesn't base inflation on beer bar drink prices and bar fine and long time service costs.

the sex service are always linked to the labor cost, the big mac index can used to calculate the cost of services in a given location, rising minimum wages for example will inflate prices of naughty services almost instantly, they all linked together.

Edited by marcofunny

Baht buses have gone up by 0% in over 20 years I believe.

As an added bonus, according to the news, bashings are also now included at no extra charge. The Pattaya Sleuth is anything but, more like a Pattaya Poof.

I think it depends a lot on whether we can afford to pay the premium for 'luxury' items, or are prepared to do without some of them. Its a balancing act. Edit - for those of us who aren't extremely wealthy!

Most luxury western food items can be made at home very cheaply in Thailand.

not sure what food items you are referring to bit I challenge you to make a burrito with salsa and cheese and see how much it costs. It's outrageous.

Dunno what's in a burrito, but I just made a Chilli pizza and that cost about 20bht.

The ingredients can't be that much different.

(The only expensive ingredient being Monteray Farm grated Mozzarella cheese 330bht/900gm, 30gm on a pizza base = 10bht)

Looks at onlne recipes

This filling very cheap to make, ingredients widely available locally, tomatos are cheap 10bht/kg.

Salsa sauce fairly cheap to make. Burrito base is just flour and baking powder, very cheap to make.

Only the cheese is costly, If you are happy with 30gm/burrito, then it would cost 15-20bht per burrito.

Burrito base

http://whatscookingamerica.net/CynthiaPineda/Tortilla/TortillaMaking.htm

Filling

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/22970/salsa-chicken-burrito-filling/

Now you got me thinking pizza! just off to make another, already have plenty of dough fermenting in the fridge.

Will use Nam Prik Ong instead of Chilli, almost the same.

Edited by BritManToo