Air Conditioner Split Type strange cooling performance

evilebxxx

I got it now, no capacitor, no compressor proplem, no snake inside, to fix it back to normal performance.

My unit is not cooling at all in afternoon, only consuming power, during the other 19 hours real temperature is in mismatch to set level.

A professional truly cleaning was only required.

2 things.

The high heat. A perfect air conditioner can only cool about 9 degrees C from outside temperature

Check the voltage to the unit. If you are in a small area. PEA will try to put too many houses on the same transformer that cannot handle the load.

Wash the fin coils on the compressor section, check the freon charge. If the compressor section is in the direct sunlight see if you can place a shade screen around the unit but not block the air flow around the fins.

MJ

2 things.

The high heat. A perfect air conditioner can only cool about 9 degrees C from outside temperature

Check the voltage to the unit. If you are in a small area. PEA will try to put too many houses on the same transformer that cannot handle the load.

Only 9 degrees? - only if it's undersized :)

Mine can create deltas of 20c +

Before anyone else suggests what the OP should try, note that they already identified what was needed to fix (professional cleaning) wink.png

spoil sport! i was waiting for a lot more entertaining eggsburt advice dry.png

I sure know all my home A/Cs cool more than 9C from outside ambient temp....more like 15 to 20C (maybe more that 20C but I've never run such a test) from outside ambient. For example, I nornally set my A/Cs to cool to 26C...they are easily doing that in this 40C plus weather we are having right now. Occasionally I may set the A/C temp to 23C in this hot weather...no problem in reaching 23C with outside temp at 40C...that's a 17C difference. I live in Bangkok.

2 things.

Only 9 degrees? - only if it's undersized smile.png

Then you have a refrigeration unit. R 22. Freon 12 cannot provide that. Or maybe R410.

2 things.

Only 9 degrees? - only if it's undersized smile.png

Then you have a refrigeration unit. R 22. Freon 12 cannot provide that. Or maybe R410.

You have now lost me. You said in your earlier post, "The high heat. A perfect air conditioner can only cool about 9 degrees C from outside temperature" but now you are talking a refrigeration unit. And I sure know my old cars with their A/C's using R-12 sure cooled down more than 9C from ambient...I was pissed when when I converted them to R-134A and the cooling was not quite as good, but still easily exceeded 9C cooling from ambient.

The units I have hanging on my walls cooling my home are called air conditioners (and was sold as such from the store) and they can cool down from outside ambient temperature much more than 9C...more like around 20C or more if required.

Can you explain further where you are going with this air conditioner and refrigeration unit difference technicalities while remembering we are talking air conditioners cooling our residences?