Electrolyte drink

Kenny202

7-11. They have Gatorade and the Thai knock offs.

Why do you consider every Thai product a knock off from a similar product of the US.

Don't bother, I know the answer already.

There are some really bizarre posts on here but yours really stands out. You make a ridiculous post and then tell me not to bother to reply.

To start off with, I am drinking a European Red Bull right now...a knock off of the thai version.

There are hundreds of sports drinks all over the world that are knock offs of Gatorade. It is not limited to Thailand. Please show me a Thai sports drink that was introduced prior to 1965.

The Thai "gatorade' is terrrible. Bought some by accident the other day, looks like a gatorade bottle and same color but it's sickeningly sweet. Pretty sure it's not electrolytes.

Edited by Rob13

Boots Sell DEchamp, as do many other pharmacies - Price ranges from 8 baht per sachet at boots, down to 5 baht per sachet at a couple of wholesale pharmacies.

I've found DEchamp to work the best when rehydrating when playing football or simply when feeling dehydrated after a night out.

post-22569-0-99856400-1461566599_thumb.j

All 7-11s, right near the cashier.

Also any pharmacy.

At Makro you can buy in bulk.

Are they ok Sheryl? I remember the ones they sold in Australia 20 years ago. I think they were mainly salt but did give you a lift

They are fine just be sure to dilute in at least as much water as instructed. More dilute is ok but not less.

They contain physiological quantities of sodium, potassium etc along with enough glucose to facilitate rapid absorption.

People on sodium restricted diets should probably limit intake but that's about the only concern.

7-11. They have Gatorade and the Thai knock offs.

Why do you consider every Thai product a knock off from a similar product of the US.

Don't bother, I know the answer already.

There are some really bizarre posts on here but yours really stands out. You make a ridiculous post and then tell me not to bother to reply.

To start off with, I am drinking a European Red Bull right now...a knock off of the thai version.

There are hundreds of sports drinks all over the world that are knock offs of Gatorade. It is not limited to Thailand. Please show me a Thai sports drink that was introduced prior to 1965.

The European Red Bull is not a knock off from the Thai one, it are 2 completely different and independent products. Same as the hundreds of electrolyte drinks produced all over the world, are not knock offs but independent products that have their own formula.

if you consider everything that was produced after Gatorade entered the market a knock off, then it is clear that you consider that only US companies are able to produce a good and legit product.

I take it that you also consider all car brands a knock off from the Ford T.

No need to tell us where you're from.

Edited by Berty100

The European Red Bull is not a knock off from the Thai one, it are 2 completely different and independent products. Same as the hundreds of electrolyte drinks produced all over the world, are not knock offs but independent products that have their own formula.

if you consider everything that was produced after Gatorade entered the market a knock off, then it is clear that you consider that only US companies are able to produce a good and legit product. No need to tell us where you're from.

If you go to Seven Eleven and look in thee refrigerator section you'll see Gatoraade bottles, and very close to those you'll see other bottles,that looks very similar but it's a Thai product. Looks like the real thing but it isn't-it's a cheap quality knock off. If you go to any talad you'll see imitation brand named products, those are knock offs. Asia is full of knock offs. I seriously doubt if you could find a genuine copy of Windows anywhere in Thailand. But feel free to call them completely separate products if that makes you feel better about things.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/15/travel/thailand-counterfeiters-fake/

Edited by Rob13

if you consider everything that was produced after Gatorade entered the market a knock off, then it is clear that you consider that only US companies are able to produce a good and legit product. No need to tell us where you're from.

If you go to Seven Eleven and look in thee refrigerator section you'll see Gatoraade bottles, and very close to those you'll see other bottles,that looks very similar but it's a Thai product. Looks like the real thing but it isn't-it's a cheap quality knock off. If you go to any talad you'll see imitation brand named products, those are knock offs. Asia is full of knock offs. I seriously doubt if you could find a genuine copy of Windows anywhere in Thailand. But feel free to call them completely separate products if that makes you feel better about things.

So in Thailand only knock off products are available, and the Microsoft office in Bangkok is probably also a fake. Thanks for the enlightening.

Amazing. Even a post about getting a drink turns into a sht fight. Must be some bored irritable people out there

Yeah amazing that a simple post results in Thai bashing.

What a crock. I'm sure the Thais can look after themselves. They show a lot more loyalty and camaraderie to their own kind than some of you blokes do

Boots Sell DEchamp, as do many other pharmacies - Price ranges from 8 baht per sachet at boots, down to 5 baht per sachet at a couple of wholesale pharmacies.

I've found DEchamp to work the best when rehydrating when playing football or simply when feeling dehydrated after a night out.

120 baht a box.

This is the stuff! I buy it in Phuket at SuperCheap for 120 baht a box. Drink it everyday with a couple of magnesium tablets before I swim a mile. If I forget, I alway cramp up in my feet and hands. It works. If I forget I buy a bottle or two of Gatorade.

I forget how many are in a box. The individual packets sell for 5 baht at the pharmacy and you just pour it into a small bottle of water. Available everywhere.

If you want to know what is in your electrolyte drink you can easily make it yourself.

8 cups fresh cold water

3 tablespoons honey, or other sweetener to taste
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt (can use Himalayan salt)
3/4 teaspoon calcium magnesium powder (a 50/50 Ca/Mg powder)
pinch cayenne
3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 lemons, juiced
2 limes, juiced

Thanks, lujanit. I was about post this myself.
I use a "low-sodium" salt, which - surprise - has potassium salts added.
I also use plain sugar, since you actually want something that will be absorbed quickly. Your mileage may vary.
Also, any citrus will work, although your recipe looks quite tasty.
I'm not in-country right now, and I'd love to try the Thai Red Bull. How is it different from the exported product?

120 baht a box.

This is the stuff! I buy it in Phuket at SuperCheap for 120 baht a box. Drink it everyday with a couple of magnesium tablets before I swim a mile. If I forget, I alway cramp up in my feet and hands. It works. If I forget I buy a bottle or two of Gatorade.

I forget how many are in a box. The individual packets sell for 5 baht at the pharmacy and you just pour it into a small bottle of water. Available everywhere.

Is there sugar in these? I want to get them for after the gym but I am concerned that they are full of sugar