has anyone added "extras" to their truck ........

im looking at buying a ranger /bt50/ dmax/vigo etc soon

i also like to make some "thai style " changes to make it look a bit special from the stock version (you can see what i have in mind from the pictures below )

i would like to raise the suspension a few inches and add larger wheels and the bodykit,bonnet scoop ,exhaust etc or something similar

for one of the above pickups

i am aware some of the mods maybe illegal but about half the trucks in my area are modified and the police dont enforce it

has anyone any experience with anything like this ?

UT8nJY3XdVbXXagOFbXh.jpg

post-81192-0-95166200-1461713446_thumb.jpost-81192-0-47220800-1461713465_thumb.j

10378277_877423395616585_900597201181729

8c153d1efefb8720de31e6b89f3c7229.jpg

I added a "Thai style" extra to my truck and it "lowered" my suspension by a few cm's......It is usually known as "a wife". Now I no longer have the truck (still have the wife) and drive a 19 yr. old car.

The newer younger model is not the love of my life though......that position is still held by the wife.

P.S. The really funny thing about this story is that....it is actually true.

Spend a few baht on 'upgrading my truck' all done before purchase as stated from a catalogue and have to say it was all done professionally and still looks good as of today.

Also informed the insurance company as mods were done to the engine again all good and only a minor increase in premium.

i also like to make some "thai style " changes to make it look a bit special from the stock version (you can see what i have in mind from the pictures below )

i would like to raise the suspension a few inches and add larger wheels and the bodykit,bonnet scoop ,exhaust etc or something similar

i am aware some of the mods maybe illegal but about half the trucks in my area are modified and the police dont enforce it

After you purchase it, have it blessed by a Buddhist Monk..

He will write some Thai things on the hood (removable), and write things with ink on the interior of the roof lining that is a permanent modification!

Post a pic of the truck with modifications when you get it completed - I do like that style truck -- 4X4 of course..

We have 2012 Vcross.

We added Lenso wheels stock size 17", Carryboy shell, nice stereo and LED lights.

Careful about larger wheels and special tires. We had these on a luxury sedan one time, and the car treadlife went down 60% which cost us $$$$

I hope you realise you have to inform the licence people here because it is a mod on the car and you will have to pay extra every year.

And how much extra is the registration per year with flares, lift kit and big wheels ?

I hope you realise you have to inform the licence people here because it is a mod on the car and you will have to pay extra every year.

And how much extra is the registration per year with flares, lift kit and big wheels ?

You inform them if you modify the engine, exhaust and change the colour

The law says nothing about which wheels you can have, but if you go monster truck big... you will have to pay them something I imagine...

The law says nothing about which wheels you can have, but if you go monster truck big... you will have to pay them something I imagine...

Ohhh so you only imagine you will have to pay something, Thats certainly different to what you first implied.

Not a truck but I made a few additions to my Pajero - 20 inch wheels, old man emu shocks, sway bar, exhaust system , k & n filter and a performance engine chip.

There is bound to be a website or forum for a "club" of fanatics for whatever truck you buy and they will know every modification possible

Ohhh so you only imagine you will have to pay something, Thats certainly different to what you first implied.

I didn't imply shit

Try to follow who posted what...

From my experience, he's talking crap

Yep. my bad. I qouted you thinking your reply was from him. dont cry about it though.

bigger wheels will invalidate drive train warranty, as will exhaust mods with engine warranty, this is Thailand and they have some very archaic rules, just be aware.

Also things like bull bars affect crumple zones and probably void warranty as well.

bigger wheels will invalidate drive train warranty, as will exhaust mods with engine warranty, this is Thailand and they have some very archaic rules, just be aware.

Also things like bull bars affect crumple zones and probably void warranty as well.

I don't reckon things like crumple zone performance are covered by warranty.

How could they even test if a crumple zone is working or not without crashing it into something?

Bull bars can affect airbag deployment, but hey, stick on as many "extras" as you like in pimping your ride, don't pay me no never mind.

UT8nJY3XdVbXXagOFbXh.jpg

attachicon.giff1.jpgattachicon.giff2.jpg

10378277_877423395616585_900597201181729

8c153d1efefb8720de31e6b89f3c7229.jpg

http://www.vvp4x4.com/

On Srinakarin Road in Bangkok. I've been a customer of theirs for more than 5 years and had my truck modified there. Very professional and they have the integrity to tell you what limits you need to stay within to keep your truck safe. Highly recommended.

Bull bars can affect airbag deployment, but hey, stick on as many "extras" as you like in pimping your ride, don't pay me no never mind.

Yeah OEM warranty cover defects (mechanical or otherwise), good luck having your face replaced under warranty cause an airbag did not trigger correctly !!.

BTW reputable bullbar manufacturers sell worldwide (A lot manufacture in Thailand) and to do so are airbag complaint.

Archived