Whatever next? Thai grannies selling Ya Ba arrested

webfact

Whatever next? Thai grannies selling Ya Ba arrested

gr.jpg
Image: Daily News

SUPHANBURI:-- Two grannies with a combined age of 141 years were caught Tuesday selling Ya Ba to teenagers in Suphanburi.

The sisters were arrested in the appropriately named district of Song Phi Nong in a sting conducted by local police, reports Daily News.

As they were charged with possessing class 1 drugs with intent to sell they told police : "We are old - how else are we to look after ourselves?"

Police arrested Suay Phiwdee, 77, and her younger partner in crime Phayap Phiwdee,64, along with two of the deadly drugs and 300 baht used in the sting.

They admitted they had been selling drugs to teenagers and labourers in the area where they lived for many years.

Source: Daily News.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-27

"Two grannies with a combined age of 141 years were caught Tuesday selling Ya Ba to teenagers in Suphanburi."

Actually that's a photo of two of the teenagers who have been using Ya Ba since the age of 12.

Edited by jaltsc

"We are old - how else are we to look after ourselves?"

Here is a classic Thai cultural response. Everything is acceptable in pursuit of financial gain. Morals never enter into the equation. Selling dangerous drugs to children is OK as long as "I" get what I want.

'"We are old - how else are we to look after ourselves?"' With the pension money the government give you each month!

The pension for most here is useless

600 baht a month I was told crying.gif

Does your country gives out pension to people who were never in civil service?

A monumental Thai sting bust with 300 baht

add up the many years to teenagers and labourers

luckily they had only the 300 this time but prior is open to question,

one would also suspect gentle gloves by the compassionate police involved.

'"We are old - how else are we to look after ourselves?"' With the pension money the government give you each month!

Thailand has a very paltry system. Hence the children taking care of their parents until death.

None of us know the full story of why these OAP's were selling ice. Maybe they have been left out in the cold by their family and are struggling to make ends meet, maybe they are just looking for a greedy bit of pocket money. We should not been insulting and insinuating things until we know the facts.

Thailand has a very paltry system. Hence the children taking care of their parents until death.

None of us know the full story of why these OAP's were selling ice. Maybe they have been left out in the cold by their family and are struggling to make ends meet, maybe they are just looking for a greedy bit of pocket money. We should not been insulting and insinuating things until we know the facts.

I'm sorry, but, whatever the circumstances, selling ya ba is despicable. Edited by thaiduncankk

I'm sorry, but, whatever the circumstances, selling ya ba is despicable.

I never said it wasn't but we aren't sure of the circumstances of what led to two OAP's selling ice.

"in a sting conducted by local police"

That's interesting, According to some locals,in our neck of the woods the cops have apparently been told to keep their noses out and the army will look after enforcing that side of things.

i don't know how true that is, but an awful lot of people have stopped wearing motorcycle helmets, as the police don't seem interested. I've seen two police check points recently, the first for months and months, whereas there used to be a lot.

I do actually agree with this.....the hi-so's get away with murder and whatnot.We don't know their 'family' situation....

I do actually agree with this.....the hi-so's get away with murder and whatnot.We don't know their 'family' situation....

So you think there are some circumstances that makes it acceptable to sell ya ba, the drug that kills people, and ruins so many lives ?

Unbelievable !

I would like an example, of what kind of situation would be acceptable.

Most western countries do..

doesn't yours??

So you think there are some circumstances that makes it acceptable to sell ya ba, the drug that kills people, and ruins so many lives ?

Unbelievable !

I would like an example, of what kind of situation would be acceptable.

would it be acceptable to sell them to American bomber pilots? During the Persian Gulf War, amphetamine became the drug of choice for American bomber pilots, being used on a voluntary basis by roughly half of U.S. Air Force pilots. As far as I can find all major air forces have used them since the WW2, and still do.

Edited by phycokiller