NCPO: Military's handouts intended to encourage voters to join public referendum

webfact

NCPO: Military's handouts intended to encourage voters to join public referendum

BANGKOK, 27 April 2016 (NNT) - The National Council for Peace and Order has come out to explain a handout campaign by the military, which it denies has been planned to manipulate the upcoming public referendum on the draft charter.

NCPO spokesman Col. Winthai Suvaree said that the army has dispatched military officers to distribute useful items in order to encourage the public to come out and cast their votes in the public referendum.

Col. Winthai added that such a campaign has been implemented with honest intention and without distortion or violation of the Public Referendum Act.

He also insisted that the handout campaign is not intended to influence voters’ decision in any way.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam, said on Tuesday that he has not yet seen any of the three announcements related to the public referendum process, which the Election Commission has released.

However, Mr. Wissanu stated that he believes the EC’s decision should be commended for making the process clearer for the public to understand.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-27 footer_n.gif

"the army has dispatched military officers to distribute useful items in order to encourage the public to come out and cast their votes in the public referendum."

Most other countries do it by television adverts, and local council announcements to the electorate, via flyers in the post and community functions.coffee1.gif

Edited by Rocceao

"the army has dispatched military officers to distribute useful items in order to encourage the public to come out and cast their votes in the public referendum."

Most other countries do it by television adverts, and local council announcements to the electorate, via flyers in the post and community functions.coffee1.gif

Most countries aren't being ruled by a form of government that we aren't allowed to accurately describe... whistling.gif

(Indeed if you look at the Wikipedia page for this form of government, you'll see Thailand is currently the only country in the world currently under this form of government.)

"we don't do populist policies, we don't participate in vote buying, we don't ... oh what the hell, of course we do, we're the same as the old crew, except with them you had the choice to say NO, with us you say NO we will make your life even harder..want water for your rice do you?"

A few "gifts" to help sway the public eh?

A tried and tested method by all parties in the past has been to cross palms with folding, seems to be more effective than "gifts".

Alternatively these guys have all the big guns and ammunition so that is a possible incentive if they are waved around a lot.

perhaps all the contributors to this thread would like to share the contents of the handouts and explain why they think they are lies and deception by the NCPO

You have a point. I see no lies or deceptions in this, I see blatant vote buying.

"Col. Winthai added that such a campaign has been implemented with honest intention and without distortion or violation of the Public Referendum Act.

He also insisted that the handout campaign is not intended to influence voters’ decision in any way.

Oh wait, there's the lie. But no deception.

perhaps all the contributors to this thread would like to share the contents of the handouts and explain why they think they are lies and deception by the NCPO

You have a point. I see no lies or deceptions in this, I see blatant vote buying.

"Col. Winthai added that such a campaign has been implemented with honest intention and without distortion or violation of the Public Referendum Act.

Oh wait, there's the lie. But no deception.

Interesting. Out of the seven posts prior to his, only one mentioned lies and/or deception, yet the assertion is that unless one possesses one such "useful item," one can't see the lies inherent in this latest NCPO version of Thaksinomics...

Whether it's a ticket to the movies, or 200 baht, or a promise to assist them in any way if you let "US inform you of what the charter is all about", it's still a form of bribery/populist policy and is everything you have despised about the Shins that the Junta are now currently doing.

There is a law that prevents anyone countering the Junta and their reforms, nobody can ask questions nor debate it with them. It's as one sided as you can get, but then again, you know this, there's enough articles posted in all the regular news outlets, but you never seem to have a problem with it, as long as it's NOT the Shins doing it.. eh?

I actually have my doubts you actually live in Thailand.

Whether it's a ticket to the movies, or 200 baht, or a promise to assist them in any way if you let "US inform you of what the charter is all about", it's still a form of bribery/populist policy and is everything you have despised about the Shins that the Junta are now currently doing.

There is a law that prevents anyone countering the Junta and their reforms, nobody can ask questions nor debate it with them. It's as one sided as you can get, but then again, you know this, there's enough articles posted in all the regular news outlets, but you never seem to have a problem with it, as long as it's NOT the Shins doing it.. eh?

I actually don't give a ---- what you think

One thing I do know is that the authors of the new charter have every right to explain it fully so that the people understand what they are voting for, and people who spread false interpretations lies and deflections about its content should be jailed

I am quite happy knowing who the group people are that don't favor of this new charter as it goes some way to stopping further abuse of power - corruption and theft of tax payers money and that cannot be bad no matter how you spin it

I guess you really don't live in Thailand, especially when you are blaming one side about abuses of power, and fail to acknowledge the same things are going on under this administration you boo hooo constantly about cheques and balances and transparency, and yet there's nothing in place now.. the abuses that are going on do so without fear of punishment, and you don't have a problem with that ? just as well you're opinions are actually not worth a god damn thing, and that it's down to the Thai people themselves.

One thing I do know is that the authors of the new charter have every right to explain it fully so that the people understand what they are voting for, and people who spread false interpretations lies and deflections about its content should be jailed

I am quite happy knowing who the group people are that don't favor of this new charter as it goes some way to stopping further abuse of power - corruption and theft of tax payers money and that cannot be bad no matter how you spin it

You must give me the address of your optician, I'd like a pair of specs the same as yours. You know...........the rose-coloured ones.

Yes for the old piggies at the trough, now the "good people" will take their rightful place back at the trough and will be wolfing everything down.

Do you really think Thaksin is the be all and end all of the corruption in this country?

Edited by CloudStrife

"I actually don't give a ---- what you think"

Yes, you do or you wouldn't have replied. That means you lied. Should you then go to jail?

"One thing I do know is that the authors of the new charter have every right to explain it fully so that the people understand what they are voting for.."

Indeed. And shouldn't people freely be allowed to debate the merits of it as well?

"...and people who spread false interpretations lies and deflections about its content should be jailed"

Why? If people from party A tell lies about party B in whatever country you come from are they jailed??

"I am quite happy knowing who the group people are that don't favor of this new charter as it goes some way to stopping further abuse of power - corruption and theft of tax payers money and that cannot be bad no matter how you spin it"

What does that even mean???

It will interesting to see how the current abuses of power compare to that of Shinawatras. It is doubtful that the junta will look good or offer any worth while legacy. The handouts speak for themselves.

Yes, you do or you wouldn't have replied. That means you lied. Should you then go to jail?

"One thing I do know is that the authors of the new charter have every right to explain it fully so that the people understand what they are voting for.."

Indeed. And shouldn't people freely be allowed to debate the merits of it as well?

"...and people who spread false interpretations lies and deflections about its content should be jailed"

Why? If people from party A tell lies about party B in whatever country you come from are they jailed??

"I am quite happy knowing who the group people are that don't favor of this new charter as it goes some way to stopping further abuse of power - corruption and theft of tax payers money and that cannot be bad no matter how you spin it"

​I respectfully ask why you say similar comments to others yet judge others for saying the same thing as you. Are you really a 100% bully all the time?

Can you not show tolerance toward others with differing opinions?

I really feel sorry for you mate.

Good luck.

I really feel sorry for you mate.

Good luck.

Wow. You have convinced me with your succinct, logical and powerful arguments. I'm all for the junta stifling free debate now!

​I respectfully ask why you say similar comments to others yet judge others for saying the same thing as you. Are you really a 100% bully all the time?

"​I respectfully ask why you say similar comments to others yet judge others for saying the same thing as you. Are you really a 100% bully all the time?"

I don't judge smedley for his rather intemperate reply, not at all. I'm just calling him on it.

"Can you not show tolerance toward others with differing opinions? "

But I do show tolerance towards other with different opinions. That's why I'm for having free and open elections and people having the right to freely express their views without the threat of jail, attitude adjustment etc., even if I strongly disagree with their views.

Are you willing to show tolerance to people with different opinions, djjami? Do you agree that the people of Thailand should be free to express their opinions? Let's hear it, pal!

How can you say that any yet strive to deny others the same right? Like Thailand ...

"​I respectfully ask why you say similar comments to others yet judge others for saying the same thing as you. Are you really a 100% bully all the time?"

I don't judge smedley for his rather intemperate reply, not at all. I'm just calling him on it.

"Can you not show tolerance toward others with differing opinions? "

But I do show tolerance towards other with different opinions. That's why I'm for having free and open elections and people having the right to freely express their views without the threat of jail, attitude adjustment etc., even if I strongly disagree with their views.

Are you willing to show tolerance to people with different opinions, djjami? Do you agree that the people of Thailand should be free to express their opinions? Let's hear it, pal!

This may be appropriate at this time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9t

Do you show that respect and tolerance to others with differing opinions, when you post in a manner that's extremely condescending and patronising and belittling of others, and yet you cry "bully" many times, you understand this is the internet and it's nigh on impossible to actually be able to bully anyone, or even intimidate them? There's this tab, it's called the "ignore" button, I suggest if you have sensitivity issues, you begin to use it, as stick and stones and all that crap are as pertinent today and to this very subject as they were when you were a boy.

Didn't your parents teach you that bullies should be taught a lesson, when the time is right, and here we have the Junta, acting like the playground bully, but you simply accept that theirs is a very special kind of bullying, the kind that's allowed... but in this instance, there's nobody allowed to stand up to this bully, and they will keep going and going and going till the very person they least suspect knocks them on their asses and they run off with their tails between their legs.

I also suspect that the poster was actually only quoting the post by Smedly.

Edited by Holy Cinema

Once again smedly, Thailand's military is thoroughly corrupt. This isn't just my opinion, Transparency International presents a very convincing case on the matter. http://government.defenceindex.org/countries/thailand/

Of course you will once again ignore the facts.

You must give me the address of your optician, I'd like a pair of specs the same as yours. You know...........the rose-coloured ones.

No, no, no! Rose is red! smedly has yellow-coloured spectacles, with blinders.

Edited by heybruce