Contact students or lecturers from Payap University

scorecard

I'm hoping to make contact with current or previous western students or western lecturers from Payap University.

Purpose: I'd like to learn currently how serious Payap uni. is about christian bible readings or prayers after each class, and to learn if all western lecturers are required to conduct such activities.

Any comment or information thru this forum or by PM very much appreciated.

Thanks.

I work for a university in Canada and am currently in the process of setting up an exchange program with Payap. I've had similar conversations where I have asked the same questions. Based on the department that I have been working with, it appears to be similar to any other "nonreligious" university: faith-based questions are not typically introduced in class material (however, I also got the sense that it was not necessarily forbidden).

I was told by the university that its history is founded in the Christian faith, that they do have an optional weekly chapel for students and that there is a seminary on campus (as well as some missionaries working in various departments). However, my sense is that the typical type of program does not normally incorporate religion or prayer into the lectures.

Based on my experience, each faculty can vary considerably so I suggest you contact the specific faculty that you're interested in.

Archived