Bus Schedule?

unforgettable_thai

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know anything about the new bus schedules in ChiangMai. I have noticed a few new buses running in the CMU area. Is this for the flower festival only?

I know the number 13 is new. It runs from Arcade Bus Station past Thapae Gate, through the old city, to CMU, then out Chonlapratan to the flower show, then back. They run from 6am (leaving from the Bus Station) to 9pm. Nice to ride. 15 baht one way no matter your destination on the route.

I'm not sure which of the other routes are new. I think the 11, 12 and 13. You can pick up a bus map at Arcade Bus Station or on the bus.

Not sure if this is a permanent change but if enough people ride, hopefully it will be.

Does anyone know anything about the new bus schedules in ChiangMai. I have noticed a few new buses running in the CMU area. Is this for the flower festival only?

I know the number 13 is new. It runs from Arcade Bus Station past Thapae Gate, through the old city, to CMU, then out Chonlapratan to the flower show, then back. They run from 6am (leaving from the Bus Station) to 9pm. Nice to ride. 15 baht one way no matter your destination on the route.

I'm not sure which of the other routes are new. I think the 11, 12 and 13. You can pick up a bus map at Arcade Bus Station or on the bus.

Not sure if this is a permanent change but if enough people ride, hopefully it will be.

The whole Chiang Mai bus thing is a joke. Not a funny one, though, it almost makes me cry.

It started out so well about a year ago, with intervals of 15 minutes. Now they are about one hour; sometimes you have to wait longer, out in the heat of course. But just keep your eyes on the road and don't blink. Because the bus comes speeding by on the passing lane. Sometimes I managed to stop it by jumping in the air and waving both hands. The bus came to a stop after 2-300 m and I could get it by running. If the driver has a green light you are out of luck, of course. The other day I told the airport taxi driver about the Chiang Mai bus and he laughed so loud that I think there is a conspiracy against it. The buses are empty most of the time. No wonder since when you finallly get on board the conductor tries very hard to convince you that the bus is not going your way and you should take another one.

Chiang Mai bus RIP.

Oh, by the way, the map can be found here: http://buszone.chiangmaibus.com/