Book Scanning in Bangkok

papersource

I am trying to find a place that I can take a couple of older books (in public domain) to be digitally scanned as ebooks in Bangkok and haven't been able to locate any shops that do this here. I am trying to get these books scanned to be submitted to project Gutenberg.

Hopefully, some can recommend a place to have this done in Bangkok? I am having no luck finding a a place that offers this service but this must exist.

TIA

Nobody reads books in Bangkok. Unless you include reading text on your smartphone.

Sure, which is why the book store Kinokuniya expanded and opened more branches. Because nobody's reading books. But hey, great comment. Really useful and not dumb at all. Nice one. :)

Back to the OP- you could try DM Plus at Trendy- if they're still there, I'd phone to check- they list book scanning as one of their services.

http://www.dmplus.co.th

Universities likely would have a copy center that takes books. Many (overpriced) foreign textbooks are copied by students, rather than bought, in these parts. Most university copy places do this on a large scale, no questions asked. And copying = scanning on the newer machines.

Nobody reads books in Bangkok. Unless you include reading text on your smartphone.

Sure, which is why the book store Kinokuniya expanded and opened more branches. Because nobody's reading books. But hey, great comment. Really useful and not dumb at all. Nice one. smile.png

What do you expect? TiT (Thaivisa is Thaivisa)

I am trying to find a place that I can take a couple of older books (in public domain) to be digitally scanned as ebooks in Bangkok and haven't been able to locate any shops that do this here. I am trying to get these books scanned to be submitted to project Gutenberg.

Hopefully, some can recommend a place to have this done in Bangkok? I am having no luck finding a a place that offers this service but this must exist.

TIA

I agree, there must be a demand for this. I have a few books I'd love to convert into ebook format and have for reference on the iPad.