Application Form in Vientiane requires names of 2 guarantors. What do I put?

Next month, I shall be travelling to Laos, so that I can get a single entry tourist visa (SETV) from Vientiane.

Previously, I have always got my triple entry visas from my home country, which is the UK. The third entry on my current visa will expire on 10th May. I wish to stay in Thailand for another two months, hence my trip to Laos.

I have found the visa application form that the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Vientiane requires to be completed. Click HERE to see the form.

The form requires the name and contact of two guarantors: one in Thailand and one in Lao PDR. Whose names do I put please?

It also asks for my address in Lao PDR. Presumably, I just put the name of the hotel or guest house that I will be staying in whilst my application for an SETV is being processed.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by silver sea

Just did a run to Vientiane to get a SETV (10 days ago). Had a Thai friend fill in the the Thai guarantor section, left the Lao guarantor blank as elviajero mentioned, and used the hotel address in the Lao address section.

Not mentioned in the application form, not only will you need a copy of your passport information page, but also of your Lao entry stamp and your Lao visa. (photocopying available on site for 20 Baht)

Be forewarned, I got there 30 minutes before opening, and there was still a long queue (I got receipt # 188). Pickup the next day is done by order of receipt numbers, but they are quick to get through them.

Apart from waiting in the queue, all hassle free. Regards.

• Like 1

Not mentioned in the application form, not only will you need a copy of your passport information page, but also of your Lao entry stamp and your Lao visa. (photocopying available on site for 20 Baht)

On site, the regular price is 5 baht per photocopy. Give the exact change (coins are accepted) because at least one guy who operates the photocopier there tends to "forget" to give you back your change if you give him a 20 baht bill to pay your two photocopies.

• Like 1

On site, the regular price is 5 baht per photocopy. Give the exact change (coins are accepted) because at least one guy who operates the photocopier there tends to "forget" to give you back your change if you give him a 20 baht bill to pay your two photocopies.

I should have mentioned the 20 Baht was for three copies (Face page / Lao visa / Entry visa). I noticed he was charging everyone the same, so that is what I gave him. Thanks for mentioning it, will know for next time. Regards.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your helpful replies.

There is one further question. I shall be travelling from Thailand to Vientiane and back again on my motorcycle. The person (Farang) I bought the bike from says that I do not need to take the Green Book with me; I need only to show photocopies of the relevant page in the book.

I have however just noticed THIS ARTICLE from the Internet. If you look at the text under photo #3 you will see that the original green book is required; copies will not be accepted.

If you have to take the original book with you, then there is always a danger that it will get lost or stolen; and then you will have problems when, later on, you want to sell the bike.

Does anyone have experience of taking their motorcycle across the border e.g. the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai please?

Depends on who you talk to. I have been told I can but the general rule is bridges will not be crossed on a motorbike. Ferry's are fine. So I have been told. I have gotten so many different answers I leave my bike in Thailand and do the bus thing.

• Like 1

I should have mentioned the 20 Baht was for three copies (Face page / Lao visa / Entry visa). I noticed he was charging everyone the same, so that is what I gave him. Thanks for mentioning it, will know for next time. Regards.

You're welcome.

Usually, I need only two photocopies to be made there (Lao visa + entry stamp pages). All my other photocopies (including my passport face page) are made in Thailand (for half a baht per photocopy) before entering Laos. By the way, I usually need more than one copy of my passeport face page, because I always have at least one with me and I also give one to my hotel.