Honda 125i fuel injectors-install larger nozzles?

Rather than thinking of changing your injectors (and all the tuning issues that go with it), de-restrict the air filter and exhaust. The EMS should be able to make corrections for the increased airflow and you'll get an increase in power.

Mods to an injected bike just ain't the same as a carby model. But even in the old days, the first thing we did was get a high performance filer and a modified exhaust. Then you started on the jets - but nowadays the EMS and sensors should allow you to deviate the airflow say up to 20% from stock and give you a tuned engine.

Oh, and before you even go there, check to see if you can get a new chip or a hack for the EMS to de-restrict the factory de-tune that they all come out of the factory with.

EDIT: Here's a link that provides a Dynopower Power Commander type upgrade for a PCX125i. It may be of interest. The article claims a 30% power increase just by remapping the electronics. http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Honda-PCX-125i-Performance-Tuning_Gofast

Edited by Gsxrnz

What are you trying to achieve?

More fuel does not equal more power, and you don't increase the fuel mixture in an injected engine by fitting larger nozzles.

What are you trying to achieve?

More fuel does not equal more power, and you don't increase the fuel mixture in an injected engine by fitting larger nozzles.

Maybe a modified jet engine will make a hope performance.

But, wait. Maybe think it through once more:

Rather than thinking of changing your injectors (and all the tuning issues that go with it), de-restrict the air filter and exhaust. The EMS should be able to make corrections for the increased airflow and you'll get an increase in power.

Mods to an injected bike just ain't the same as a carby model. But even in the old days, the first thing we did was get a high performance filer and a modified exhaust. Then you started on the jets - but nowadays the EMS and sensors should allow you to deviate the airflow say up to 20% from stock and give you a tuned engine.

Oh, and before you even go there, check to see if you can get a new chip or a hack for the EMS to de-restrict the factory de-tune that they all come out of the factory with.

EDIT: Here's a link that provides a Dynopower Power Commander type upgrade for a PCX125i. It may be of interest. The article claims a 30% power increase just by remapping the electronics. http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Honda-PCX-125i-Performance-Tuning_Gofast

Thanks

A lot of people think, wrongly, that bigger injectors will give you more power.....but as other posters have said: start with intake and exhaust.

...along the same line as those fools who, back in the day, thought that simply putting some monster carburetor on an otherwise stock engine was going to accomplish anything meaningful.

A lot of people think, wrongly, that bigger injectors will give you more power.....but as other posters have said: start with intake and exhaust.

The damn thingys don't have sprockets, otherwise.....thumbsup.gif