May 2, 201610 yr Hello Tomorrow i go to Penang to get a tourist visa and i have a simple question: is it possible to pay the visa fee with Thai baht or i have to exchange some money before ?? Thank you very much
May 2, 201610 yr You have to pay for the visa in Malaysian ringgit. The fee for a single entry tourist visa is 150 MYR.
May 2, 201610 yr I would just add that it is worth spending an extra 30 MYR to use an agent to get the visa (elsewhere, I rarely use agents). The Penang consulate is a bit out of the way, and the agent fee worth it to avoid two round trips there. Hope your trip goes well.
May 23, 201610 yr where do I find a good agent? There are many. Jim's place and Banana guest house are well known ones.
May 23, 201610 yr Many years since I've been down there so things may have changed. I always used to use one of the several agents on Lebum Chulia near what used to be the Swiss Hotel, I believe it has changed now but no reason for the agents and money changers not to be still there.
May 26, 201610 yr don't forget, you'll need submit 2 photos with your visa application. Not sure if it is normal but the agent I used just took a pic of me with his phone. It took less than 5 minutes altogether. They even filled in the forms for me and I just signed them.
May 26, 201610 yr I use to take the local bus to the Thai embassy ,about 2 stops after the hospital .get on the bus at the pier , bus driver use to say where to get off the bus I use to do it myself ,the embassy closes for lunch midday ,to 2 pm ,the overnight train back to BBK use to leave at 3 pm ,I use to pick up my visa just before midday ,then catch the 3 pm train ,at the time I would have had to wait an extra day using an agent ,passport use to come back middle of the afternoon ,after the train has left . This was a few years ago things might have changed .
Create an account or sign in to comment