Visa, Three Days Too Shy

I am going to Chiang Mai, Thailand this summer from the U.S. My Visa expires on July 11th, but the only cheap plane ticket I could get was on the 14th of July, how do I get an extention for three days, should I do it before or while I am there? Is it going to be a problem? I have a non-immigrant visa because I am going to college there.

If you want to be on the safe side go and get a weeks extension in your lcoal immigrations office. It used to be 500, but with the recent "adjustments" it might be 1,900 now, not sure.

Otherwise I understand you can "pay as you go" for 200 per day overstay when you exit ... but that'd assume they boys in brown didn't nab you before.

Let me see if I got this right.

You are in the USA now and want to fly to Chiang Mai on july 14,you state you have a non-immi. Thai visa that expires on the 11 of july,

The way I understand it,if you punched out of Thailand with a non-immi. visa,it is no longer any good and will need to be renewed upon arrival,unless it is a multi entry,But no matter.

When you come back to Thailand get a visa on arrival.then go into the thai immigration and apply for a new non immi. visa,that is what you would have had to do anyway once it was going to expire. or if they will let you in with a non immi. visa that is expired by 3 days or was revoked on leaving,no sweat.

I am leaving the United States on May 25 and I am leaving Thailand on July 14th, the Visa expires July 11th, will I be in trouble for traveling 3 days extra or will I have to pay something when I leave?

I am leaving the United States on May 25 and I am leaving Thailand on July 14th, the Visa expires July 11th, will I be in trouble for traveling 3 days extra or will I have to pay something when I leave?

If you indeed have a multi entry Non-Imm visa (not an extension) you will get 90 days on entry so if you arrive on 26-May, your entry stamp should say you can stay until 24 August regardless of the date on the visa. The date in the visa is a "use by date". If you are on an extension of a Non-Imm visa then the entry stamp will match the date on extension stamp.

At least this is my experience.

TH

You will get a 90 day stay provided you enter Thailand prior to July 11, so you are fine. Is your Non-Immigrant visa a single or multiple entry and what was the date that the visa was issued ?