British couple vows to return to Hua Hin despite brutal attack

webfact

I wonder why their son would leg it so quickly from Thailand after the incident that some witnesses said he had a part in the starting of and leave his almost 70 year old parents, reportedly with serious head injuries on their own? And reports said that he had left for the UK, nor Singapore. That's the strangest part of this as far as I'm concerned. It's almost as though he didn't want to be questioned too deeply but I'm sure that wasn't the case.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why their son would leg it so quickly from Thailand after the incident that some witnesses said he had a part in the starting of and leave his almost 70 year old parents, reportedly with serious head injuries on their own? And reports said that he had left for the UK, nor Singapore. That's the strangest part of this as far as I'm concerned. It's almost as though he didn't want to be questioned too deeply but I'm sure that wasn't the case.

I don't know that his leaving soonest has any relevance. We'll probably never know as this case will be brushed under the carpet as quickly as possible now. But indeed he was the one holding the main protagonist in an arm lock, before that man ran to punch all three.

Edited by KhunOr

so he would not be arrested.

A British grandmother knocked unconscious by a gang of thugs in Thailand has spoken for the first time about her shocking ordeal, telling a court: 'I still have nightmares.'

Still bearing a black eye from her savage beating, Rosemary Owen appeared at court to testify against her alleged attackers – but was too traumatised to face them in the same room.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3569025/I-nightmares-British-grandmother-beaten-unconscious-husband-son-gang-Thailand-reveals-shocking-ordeal-family-face-suspects-court.html

A cake box full of money ,maybe influenced them to change their vow

of NEVER return to Thailand ?,lets see what the story turns into when

they return home and sell their story to the tabloids.

regards worgeordie

regards worgeordie

I would be certain the "exclusive" has already been sold to "the mail" or "the mirror"

of course they will return now, after PM involvement, all expenses paid and police protection.

happy they have made a full recovery and hopefully return to enjoy the true Thailand

Sorry, mate. Where's the true Thailand again? facepalm.gif

These 3 brits witnessed it first hand.........

I don't like the wai from the dad either.........It's intrinsically thai,and should be left at that!......foreigners look like morons when they wai!

So lets see, you think that foreigners should not adopt the cultures of the lands they are visiting?

If this were a Thai in the UK, would you think it appropriate for them not to shake hands with the government members?

My God, no wonder some Thais dislike certain foreigners.

People shake hands all around the world out of respect.....It is a universal language......like englishbiggrin.png

The wai is unique to thailand.........it should stay that way....

Whether or not a verdict (summary statement of one's consideration of all the facts) is made in the courts or in the tabloids:

I'd be interested in what TV members and those that view TV as guests would state as their verdict regarding this incident and it's ripple effect within and outside Thailand.

Coming on holiday to Thailand and having to go through there ordeal and all the unwanted exposure in the worlds press must of been a very harrowing experience for them and there familys.

I hope the Thai government do take care of them and treat them to an all expenses paid holiday on behalf of the TAT,it is the least they deserve fortunately the bad publicity this has created may change things for a little while,but in reality gang attacks on foriegners is definately on the increase.

Thankfully all government agencies have got involved and the Thai government should be applauded for that.

What changes?

We were told that the case was being 'hurried along' to ensure the tourists could give evidence before they left - but I haven't read about any court case happening at which they gave evidence.

Pretty good reason why there's no news about any court case, there isn't going to be one!

Playing the Devil's Advocate here, from a Legal point of view, the Brits would perhaps not mind if it didn't go to Court. Especially if the Thais get themselves a good mouthpiece. If it goes to court then it could turn out the Brits too may have a case(s) to answer themselves. They got a few in before it turned as vicious and ugly as it did. The Brits are not totally blameless and whilst not as nasty as a kick to the face, a slap to the face is still assault in a court of law. Or at the least, a charge of 'Causing Affray'

They should be careful how they proceed, this could cause a bit of resentment.

No wonder they are in damage control.

So lets see, you think that foreigners should not adopt the cultures of the lands they are visiting?

If this were a Thai in the UK, would you think it appropriate for them not to shake hands with the government members?

My God, no wonder some Thais dislike certain foreigners.

People shake hands all around the world out of respect.....It is a universal language......like englishbiggrin.png

The wai is unique to thailand.........it should stay that way....

How long do you plan to live here? I assume you are just a tourist but could be wrong.

regards worgeordie

With all due respect Geordie

The more it gets into the public domain the safer it'll be for foreigners and especially now Thailand has had a severe boot in the nuts. The media chain has seen to that and will do for years to come my friend.

It's a blessing in disguise.,,,,,,,,

So is it official now? British tourists are now allowed to come to Thailand get drunk as usual and go around beating the crap out of people or am I really missing the moral of this whole story?

This is just really creepy... I mean which is more stupid and childish the "Thai can do no wrong", or the "Brit can do no wrong"? lol At least the Thais are only following this stupid rule in their own country - the Brits apparently believe that they are entitled to this rule anywhere in the world now! lol Now tell me which is the bigger problem and who has more issues - the Thais or the Brits?

So again what's the moral of the story - were they right to take matters into their own hands and use violence to "educate" the locals? Is this the message they are trying to send out there?

If I needed to go around just 1 mile of wherever the Thai thugs are hanging out, it looks like I'm gonna need to walk around at least 2 miles of wherever the hell the British people are usually getting drunk from now on, lol

So is it official now? British tourists are now allowed to come to Thailand get drunk as usual and go around beating the crap out of people or am I really missing the moral of this whole story?

No, you have it right. Whenever an old grandma beats a Thai, she should be beaten senseless. If she happens to brush against one, she should be knocked to the ground and then stomped to death.

If you are disabled and talk back to a Thai, then YES, you deserve to be hacked to death.

Finally, if are female and happen to have an affair with the wrong Thai, you once again deserve to be beaten senseless by 8 of Thailand's finest.

Edited by Watchful

PMO minister visits British tourists earlier assaulted in Hua Hin

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN, 3 May 2016 (NNT) – Minister attached to the Prime Minister’s Office Panadda Dissakul, Prachuap Khiri Khan provincial governor Tawee Narissirikul and representatives from the British Embassy in Bangkok visited a British couple physically assaulted during the recent Songkran festival in Hua Hin.

They met with the British tourists at Hua Hin Bangkok hospital where they had a medical check-up before returning to England. They were assaulted by a group of Thai villagers in the beach resort city.

The PM's Office minister said that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has extended his concern over the Britons and told the authorities to step up security measures for a large number of tourists during major festivals to maintain the positive image of the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-03 footer_n.gif

People are so susceptible to manipulation. Before it's all over the family will refuse to press charges, the incident will be glazed over as one unfortunate understanding and only one who will pay is the one who leaked the video online. This incident is simply disgusting.

No investigation into why this was not reported in the Thai media until 2 weeks after it happened only because a video went viral and the British press made it headline news.

I don't believe that this elderly couple said they will return. They can't be that stupid.

Believe it is more propaganda to protect tourism.

And what happened to the deadbeats who almost killed them?

And why does almost every Thai official I see, wear a military uniform?

I don't believe that this elderly couple said they will return. They can't be that stupid.

why do teachers at govt primary schools also wear them ?

why do immigration staff wear them when they dont leave the immigration building ?

PMO minister visits British tourists earlier assaulted in Hua Hin

The PM's Office minister said that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has extended his concern over the Britons and told the authorities to step up security measures for a large number of tourists during major festivals to maintain the positive image of the country.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2016-05-03 footer_n.gif

Once again the "maintain the positive image of the country", no mention of ensuring a safe/secure/pleasant etc. enviroment for tourists.

No further comment on this one from me, I am sickened by the whole affair.

why do teachers at govt primary schools also wear them ?

why do immigration staff wear them when they dont leave the immigration building ?

Why do car park attendants wear them?

regards worgeordie

With all due respect Geordie

The more it gets into the public domain the safer it'll be for foreigners and especially now Thailand has had a severe boot in the nuts. The media chain has seen to that and will do for years to come my friend.

It's a blessing in disguise.,,,,,,,,

I take your points but let's not forget the authorities here are great at talking but taking actual action is another story.

Can only hope you are right.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

No investigation into why this was not reported in the Thai media until 2 weeks after it happened only because a video went viral and the British press made it headline news.

Here it is reported a week before it hit the English media. Two people arrested for attacking English tourists on Songkran in Hua Hin

http://www.tnamcot.com/content/448601

It simply was never picked up by the English media

.....so they were persuaded to change their statement to the public....

.....nonetheless the ugly facts....and the incident...will forever remain......

......and countless others....reported and not.......