'We care about you' says Tesco Lotus, 'yeh right!' screams court of social media!

webfact

To be fair to Tescos they only employ a security company and it is their staff who were found wanting. The fact Tescos say they care could be true. I have known Tescos from its infancy in Golders Green, London, they are not that bad but when you employ another company to act for you you are ultimately responsible, which they have decided thay are. The security staff should be educated and use their intelligence both aspects are very hard here.

I don't think Tesco UK and Tesco Thailand are the same company.

Tesco Thailand is part of the Tesco group including Tesco U.K.. Just look at the own brands on the shelves of Tesco/Lotus stores similar labeling as in UK stores.

Even the Tesco logo is the same

Living in Thailand - How many times I've ordered food and it comes out wrong. How many times my purchases have been faulty or break soon after. How many times I've taken goods back only to be told "Cannot change, no refund, cannot."

This kid was apologized to and given a gift.

This place is overwhelmed by attrocious service and after care assistance yet when they see the chance to make a few baht they go on the attack.

Grow up.

There is a big difference about the OP and what you describe.....

They are Thais and we are foreigners....

Foreigners from Myanmar or farrangs.... same same.... service not important,,,,

But to Thai always have to give service....

Oh dear. Was it really necessary to post this to the whole world? I hope that one day the mother or girl don't make a mistake and they are put on a pedestal for everyone to see. How times have changed and certainly not for the best.

Yea, you nailed and even your reply is under conjecture - For the times are a-changin' my friend. Edited by ScotBkk

this is how Thais r programmed to behave if they see Thieves or suspected ones. I have seen videos where thieves get caught shoplifting and is beat up or slap silly by the the shop keeper. The anger of the shop keeper can be understood for their losses but restrain is all they need not violence.

And I believe security can still do their job by being firm n polite n not resort to violence at the 1st chance they get.

Have seen many times the moment some drunk tourist misbehave a little and all the security bouncers pull out their lifelong muay thai training

in unison. I think more training on how to handle a situation without violence could be given to Thai securities n bouncers.

It is not the first time when this kind of things happen. Not only at Lotus, but also at Big C, when innocent people are blamed for stealing. It is a horrible experience for people who came to do some shopping, surprisingly being accused of stealing. It is so degrading and humiliating, A few wais and cheap presents can't undo the frustration. And all of this is due to unprofessional staff that judge people by the way they dress!

The school girl is carrying a bag , if she stole the shirt would not the one she entered T/L in be in the bag. To look in the girl's bag would of stopped all this nonsense . Humiliating yes but if good manners were used ..............sorted !

To be fair to Tescos they only employ a security company and it is their staff who were found wanting. The fact Tescos say they care could be true. I have known Tescos from its infancy in Golders Green, London, they are not that bad but when you employ another company to act for you you are ultimately responsible, which they have decided thay are. The security staff should be educated and use their intelligence both aspects are very hard here.

I don't think Tesco UK and Tesco Thailand are the same company.

Tesco Thailand is part of the Tesco group including Tesco U.K.. Just look at the own brands on the shelves of Tesco/Lotus stores similar labeling as in UK stores.

Even the Tesco logo is the same

"Tesco Lotus is a hypermarket chain in Thailand operated by Ek-Chai Distribution System Co., Ltd.

Tesco Lotus started from the Lotus Supercenter chain started in 1994 by the Charoen Pokphand (CP) Group with the first store opening in Seacon Square. In 1998, the British supermarket chain Tesco took a stake to create "Tesco Lotus". CP Group sold most of its shares in Tesco Lotus in 2003. CP operates a chain of "Lotus Supercenters" in China which have a similar logo to the old Tesco Lotus logo, although the companies are not connected.[2]""

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesco_Lotus

Half a century ago I had just started my first job after I left school. When I received my first week`s wage I went shopping at a Tesco supermarket to buy some clothes. At the time the clothes came to £7, paid, got the receipt and before I was out the door got man handled by a management potential security man who accused me of stealing the goods. I had the receipt which he threw on the floor then he slammed me against a wall and searched me in front of all the customers. After he was satisfied I had paid for the goods he pushed me out the door and brushed me away with his arm. I was just a kid at the time. The next day my mother went in to complain. She was fobbed off with a free pair of socks, given a few money off vouchers, a sorry and that was it. Bustards.