UK Visa Form questions

Hi all, I have a few queries for the visa form, if anyone could answer them please.

I have filled a hard copy in of the from VAF1A (April 2015) so i can refer to it and then noticed towards the end about VAF1B and visiting family.

VAFIB (Nov 2012)seems like an old form to me as I can't find a new version of it online. I know they are almost the same until part 8 .

We are staying with and visiting my father.

1) Will I be filling in form VAF1B , if this is still being used or VAF1A ? when I complete the online application form

6.1 Have you travelled to the UK in the last 10 years?

Date Destination Purpose Duration

Did this ok. Put the previous dates in we have visited etc.

6.4 Have you been granted any UK visas in the last 10 years?

Date Purpose Duration Reference number

2) Now, do I type in the date we arrived like in Q 6.1 or do I type in the date when the old visas were issued, the previous visas issued are different to the travel dates we travelled. i.e Issued May 11th 2009, travelled July 1st 2009.

Thanks for your help.

JJP

Edited by jjp

Whoops forgot to ask about this also

1) Has anybody's wife applied for a UK 10 year multi entry visa on their 5 year passport and been successful? I have read that you can fill a form in to transfer the visa to a new passport when the old passport has expired. ( The wife has just recieved her new passport)

The wife has a five year multi entry visa which will expire shortly and she was going to apply for the 10 year one next as the price difference isn't that much.

Thanks,

JJP

Last time we did one (02/2015) the travel history visa question wanted the visa issue/expiry dates, not the travel dates. Haven't done one since so don't know if the online form changed to match what you are looking at.

TRAVEL HISTORY

25 HAVE YOU BEEN ISSUED ANY VISA FOR THE UK, UK

OVERSEAS TERRITORIES OR COMMONWEALTH

COUNTRY IN THE LAST 10 YEARS?

TYPE OF VISA ISSUED

DATE OF ISSUE

DATE OF EXPIRY

ISSUING AUTHORITY

27 HAVE YOU EVER TRAVELLED TO THE UK IN THE LAST 10

YEARS?

DATE OF ARRIVAL

DEPARTURE DATE