Lots of cops at Hillside 4 right now

hspace

So sad. This points to the need for people who live alone to develop a social network so that someone will check in on them every day. It can be as simple as if they go to the same place every day for breakfast, they tell the staff to "come to my room if I don't show up by 10 am" or perhaps they have a buddy they call every day by a certain time and if that friend doesn't hear from him, he comes to the condo to see if he's OK.

I don't know the facts here, but perhaps the recent power outages contributed to the problem. Perhaps the aircon wasn't working and poor Perry collapsed and was unable to use his mobile to call for help due to the heat affecting his thinking.

I understand your point, but it really doesn't address the situation. 24 hours is too long when someone is having a health crisis.

Many of the foreigners living in Thailand have serious chronic health conditions. They should not be living alone or without supervision. It is unfortunate Thailand does not have an emergency medic alert system or business operator.

ive-fallen-and-cant-get-up.png?w=640

In Australia, most home care is subsidised by the govt, its cheaper to keep people in their own home, rather than an aged care facility.For expats in Thailand who may want to remain in their own homes for as long as possible, before either moving back home or to a fulltime aged facility home assistance might be adequate for them.

There would have to be some form of regulation and checks to make sure the right level of care is given here in thailand and the client bests interests would have to be held to the highest level.

The carers would have to be about care giving first and renumeration second otherwise the model doesn't work properly.

One lady I know has a nice sign in her room with relevant contact numbers, in the case she is discovered unresponsive.

What a great idea! This would be a help not only if she's found unresponsive in her room, but also if she's involved in an accident or otherwise has a medical problem and is taken to hospital unable to communicate. If she doesn't have this info in her wallet, then the management of her condo/guest house, a close friend, someone will be contacted for permission to enter where she lives to look for ways to contact her next-of-kin.