Brutal Hua Hin attack: Bashed British couple fly home on Tuesday

webfact

Who are all the hi-so ladies in these photo ops? It's as if TAT and the authorities have been sending over these ladies to meet with the Owen's since people complained that the government wasn't doing anything for them at all. Just a matter of saving face and money again and not real concern for their well being. Keeping up appearances at its best, lol

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope the media and social media will continue to track such stories - just like they did with the Koh Tao Case. We need to know what punishment these people eventually receive. Anything less than substantial jail sentences would just serve to make a double travesty. If the media spotlight continues to focus on such cases, then we might actually contribute to making a difference here. This country cannot hide away all of its' inadequacies any more because social media helps to bring these stories out. When the Courts start to issue punishments that bear some correlation to the crimes committed - on a consistent basis, then maybe we will some some improvements. However, no progress can ever be expected to be made whilst ever the Police / Courts accept apologies and remorse on the grounds of being intoxicated with some sort of substance and issuing 500 Bht Fines as some sort of closure. Accepting apologies with 10 year prison sentences would be a reasonable starting position for most of these particular perps, - with an attempted murder charge for the piece of trash that delivered the knock out kick to the old lady whilst she was already on the floor. This hard line approach should be led from the top for Thailand - and applicable to anyone and everyone who commits crime here - all treated equally, natives or foreigners !!

"We need to know what punishment these people eventually receive. Anything less than substantial jail sentences would just serve to make a double travesty. If the media spotlight continues to focus on such cases, then we might actually contribute to making a difference here."

I predict you will not find out how this ends. No-one got killed, the victims don't live here, its not "sexy" enough for UK tabloids to pick up on and keep going for the year or more the legal proceedings take. No Thai media is interested enough to make a crusade over it and the authorities would rather the whole thing was forgotten. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but in a month or two time I suspect this will all be forgotten.

If they are having to pick up there medical bills that's a crime on its own... The authorities should have picked the bill up if only as a goodwill gesture... Regardless of who did what and when there is no justification for the level of violence shown in this attack.. And once again the big issue being the damage to Thai tourism and the country...The General could have done himself some big favours by coming out and deploring this incident! and insisting the perps are punished correctly.

yes, together with the TAT madame.

I do hope the media and social media will continue to track such stories - just like they did with the Koh Tao Case. We need to know what punishment these people eventually receive. Anything less than substantial jail sentences would just serve to make a double travesty. If the media spotlight continues to focus on such cases, then we might actually contribute to making a difference here. This country cannot hide away all of its' inadequacies any more because social media helps to bring these stories out. When the Courts start to issue punishments that bear some correlation to the crimes committed - on a consistent basis, then maybe we will some some improvements. However, no progress can ever be expected to be made whilst ever the Police / Courts accept apologies and remorse on the grounds of being intoxicated with some sort of substance and issuing 500 Bht Fines as some sort of closure. Accepting apologies with 10 year prison sentences would be a reasonable starting position for most of these particular perps, - with an attempted murder charge for the piece of trash that delivered the knock out kick to the old lady whilst she was already on the floor. This hard line approach should be led from the top for Thailand - and applicable to anyone and everyone who commits crime here - all treated equally, natives or foreigners !!

About time there was a "Crime and Punishment" tracking page where all these crimes are recorded and then followed up for all to see how the Thai Law and Criminal system really works. Might make some tourists think twice about coming here. And it would be very interesting if it were possible.

Doe's really nobody have a health / travel insurance here? I'm really the only one?

Really ! how smart of you. And might i ask how old are you ?

Touch wood kept my head down don't mix with the wrong crowds better yet don't mix with anybody and I would rather stay at home anyway done me well for nearly 15 years all around Asia so far since leaving the UK and only had dengue fever or stomach flu ..

Case Closed... under the carpet it goes.... SOS

YEP... and now all CCTV cameras are said to be switched off...(off the record) so that it would not get that much attention and face loosing competition on instantly with no warning..... Aaaah.....my brain hurts.....

Great way to keep the streets safe, good thinking Thailand thumbsup.gif

If they are having to pick up there medical bills that's a crime on its own... The authorities should have picked the bill up if only as a goodwill gesture... Regardless of who did what and when there is no justification for the level of violence shown in this attack.. And once again the big issue being the damage to Thai tourism and the country...The General could have done himself some big favours by coming out and deploring this incident! and insisting the perps are punished correctly.

yes, together with the TAT madame.

Who is the "TAT madame" ?

Dreamer ka in thailand u pay urself and they make sure its realy expensive..a friend had a stroke costs him 500 euro a day and only cash accepted..was top teratment sure ...why so high u might ask ...its eaasy because u are in need with No other option at all then they squeeze as hard as they can...capitalist jungle principle....another example that experienced many if u cornered with ur funds in los ( house car on ur wife etc ) and suddenly madame starts gambling,yaba or her mom wants it to make face ...guess what ....? U out in no time <deleted> back to rainy europe on social welfare if u lucky...

The main problem is, that the foreign ministeries and Embassies do not have balls.

As often there have been some attacks recently, they should put some more pressure on this issues.

I would recommend a travel warning. That would wake them up.

Doe's really nobody have a health / travel insurance here? I'm really the only one?

Their travel insurance will probably reject their claim because the old lady started the fight by slapping the thai guy, after the drunken son fell on his face when pushed in back.

Yes it was a disgusting event, but surely they had travel medical insurance? Woman was 65 and her husband 68. They still qualified for travel medical insurance. The son is 43 and employed in Singapore. He either had the coverage from his employer's group health plan or could have purchased the coverage himself for minimal cost.

What do you think victims of crime in the UK can do? Well, they can apply for compensation from the UK government fund. A quick look at the UK tariffs of payment chart suggest that injuries like those sustained by the couple are good for 5,000-10,000 pounds.

Nothing is stopping these victims of crime from applying to the Thailand compensation fund set up under the .Victim Compensation Act of 2001. (2001 Compensation and Expenses for Injured Persons and the Accused Act)

If any of you folks is truly are concerned, please contact

Rights and Liberties Protection Department, Ministry of Justice

Government Complex, Rajaburi Direkriddhi Bldg., 3/F, Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok.

Thai nationals can contact the call centre on 1111 ext. 77 while foreigners can call 02 141 2751

Officials claim PR hit , and guess that means possible revenue loss from tourism. Even if picking the tab is not Thailand's legal responsibility, doing so could have mitigated some of the PR damage.

thumbsup.gif Thumb up for lei-boy: »Mrs Lisa said that the couple would like to thank a lei-selling boy who launched a campaign to raise fund to pay for the medical bills for the couple by selling his leis. But so far the boy has not been located, she added.«

Safe trip home...try not to get to

Drunk tonight!

LOL

Their travel insurance will probably reject their claim because the old lady started the fight by slapping the thai guy, after the drunken son fell on his face when pushed in back.

Gravity is a naughty force!

hardly been brushed under the carpet has it, its been on the news and media around the world, they looked for the guys, they arrested them and went to court... I'm pretty sure thats how things go with this type of thing anywhere.

what more do you think should happen?

only thing thats been brushed under the carpet is that they were the ones that escalated the whole thing.

i expect they well sell their story to the uk tabloids and it will be front page of the trusted and truthful SUN.

Frank asks, "what more do you think should happen?"

If you ask me (I've had a third of a century experience with Thailand), the suspects should not have been granted bail. The British victims should be able to give evidence by video, instead of having to travel all the way back for the trial - a bummer of a trip. Additionally, if found guilty, the attackers should be given maximum sentences with no possible lessening. And yes, hospital expenses should have been paid by perps, even if it meant confiscating/selling their motorbikes and cell phones (they all have them).

Edited by boomerangutang

YEP... and now all CCTV cameras are said to be switched off...(off the record) so that it would not get that much attention and face loosing competition on instantly with no warning..... Aaaah.....my brain hurts.....

Where is your source of information? Stop blowing wind out your *** unless you have proof.

This case has still to be determined in court not forgetting that this was a brawl not just an unprovoked attack. If the thugs are found guilty on all accounts then may be the tourists will be able to claim their medical expenses, but I would had thought they would have had medical insurance. And where is the son? Who I think instigated the fight by being drunk and angry, why has he been conveniently taken out the limelight?

"Be interesting to see what the couple will have to say about this whole mess when back in safe territory." UK tabloids have covered it already but likely more to come. Does not travel insurance cover being victims of crime like this?

The general probably privately likes the fact these people were beaten.

I find it disgusting to hear that the family had to also pay for their hospital bill after being beaten up by Thai drunken thugs.

I feel that the Thai government - tourism authority who are so worried about the damage to their tourism trade should pay their hospital bills, where is the compensation bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif.

When Thai people do things of this nature then the Thai government should be held responsible for any expenses and damages done by their own people or is this expecting too much from this country cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No, tourists should have a accident and health insurance to pay for the damage.

The hospital probably ripped the ass out of the isurance,if there was any.The Pm should have made it quite clear about the peoples bill being paid by the state.

If it had been me and my family,come bill paying time,i'd have said 'sorry we havent got any money! you see,we didnt expect to come here,get the shit kicked out of us and have to pay for our treatment.Take it up with the British Embassy. Or in other words 'Go <deleted> yourselves.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

load of crap -

Mrs Lisa said that the couple would like to thank a lei-selling boy who launched a campaign to raise fund to pay for the medical bills for the couple by selling his leis. But so far the boy has not been located, she added.

why didnt TOT pay their hospital bill instead of sending flowers and apologies.

im sick of thais, im sick of thailand. getting my money out then wont be back !!

Theres a thought, I wonder how they will explain that if they have need of the film should they have another terror attack?

load of crap -

Mrs Lisa said that the couple would like to thank a lei-selling boy who launched a campaign to raise fund to pay for the medical bills for the couple by selling his leis. But so far the boy has not been located, she added.

why didnt TOT pay their hospital bill instead of sending flowers and apologies.

im sick of thais, im sick of thailand. getting my money out then wont be back !!

This will be the end of life in Thailand as we know it.

Many suggest insurance company should pay for the medical bills. I beg to differ. The perps should pay. If I willfully and maliciously destroy another persons property, should my insurance cover that? I don't think so. The property in this case was the bodies of victims. Insurance should be there to pay the bills and get them out of hospital, but those who cause the damage should be forced to pay that sum back to insurance company.

Selling Lei must be a Lie...You know the English here is always battered by Thai reporters as the British family were battered by the Thai Thugs. There best move of there trip was to return home. Being an alive witnesses in Thailand is more dangerous than being a dead victim in Thailand. Eventually they Same Same.

Edited by Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere