Haze

womble

The air clarity is the worst i've ever seen it and speaking to people in south thailand, seems to be same all over the south.

I thought it was smoke coming up from indonesia, but i've been told it has something to do with a typhoon in philipines.

anyone know the cause of this?

how much of the country is affected?

Normally, when Thailand gets affected by smoke from Indonesia it is because the prevailing winds are coming out of the SW. Pushing the smoke out of Indonesia and into it's neighbors; Singapore, Malaysia and southern Thailand.

In the rainy season, the winds come out of the east and push the smoke back into Indonesia. Then, in the cool season, the winds come out of the north, also effectively keeping the smoke away.

The haze is probably visible high humidity brought about by the typhoon.

We've had it here for over a month now, due to the pathetic leadership in Indonesia . . . ugh, what a country. Still at 60+ now.

I believe the cooler air and typhoon are factors for you and should dissipate within a few days.

I'm in Singapore at the moment too - awful haze, not the worst I have seen by a long way, but horrible. Indonesian fires....

(But still enjoyed our little private Loy Krathong under Ben Shears bridge :o )