$260,000 worth of goods stolen from man's carry-on during flight

webfact

I guess he flown Economy class

Probably but we shouldn't assume it or denigrate him because of it.....

If he didn't then would it be different?

Oh yes it would make a difference, because in another post you claimed that you don't expect such things to happen in business class "your part of the plane" as you so gently called it.

But how would peasants know about that.

Well ... I guess they wouldn't, but it doesn't stop them posting comments assuming everyone does huh? Trust me it's not really "my part of the plane" but assumptions were made that the guy was a crim because he was carrying too much wealth on him. There was no reference as to where he was seated but..... DON"T ASSUME ANYTHING, (it only makes an ASS out of U and ME!!!)

If you don't like assumptions, then you should stop making them yourself.

Unless you know the guy personally, how do you get to the point that he is a wealthy businessman and not a criminal? I guess that is just an assumption.

In the article is written he's a merchant, which doesn't automatically mean wealthy businessman.

For example, Victor Bout would also be called a merchant, in fact a merchant of death. He would most probably also travel with highly valued goods in his carry on luggage to countries like Hong Kong, and travel in first class, but instead of a businessman he was one of the bigger criminals on this planet.

So until the moment that is declared who the person is in life, and why he had such large amounts of valuables on his person, it is best to hold on with ridiculing other members posts.

The point is I am not making an assumption, just pointing out another alternative to what the assumtion seems to be...!

Well I suppose I am assuming the circumstances are not obvious from the OP. So I am assuming we shouldn't assume....

Just because you peasants have to travel "cattle class" and not with the "civilized" part of the plane, the fact you don't have one decent watch doesn't surprise me either!!

I would expect more from my part of the plane! That just isn't gentlemanly!!

gigglem.gif

At least in cattle class no one would think of looking for anything valuable.

Moo Moo

Just because you peasants have to travel "cattle class" and not with the "civilized" part of the plane, the fact you don't have one decent watch doesn't surprise me either!!

gigglem.gif

At least in cattle class no one would think of looking for anything valuable.

Moo Moo

That' seems a bit naive, more people, less organization, political and finacial refugees, etc. ..... more oportunity. 6 average hits may equal 1 big one...

gigglem.gif

Real gentlemen do not denigrate the whole TV population as peasants. You may be surprised to learn that you are not the only person on here who travels business, or indeed first class. Some folks even have their own aircraft. Some folks have chains of jewellery shops and not just a few high end watches.

Manners old bean, manners.

Just focasing on those that belittled the guy for carrying so much wealth. Thst's his business, and those that can't see the difference need to be told.

He was carrying his valuables, and just because you can't afford it doesn't make him a bad or stupid person!!

He was robbed on a flight and someone committed the crime....

For such items, which could have easily have been carried on his person during the flight, doesn't make him a bad person, I agree.

As far as not being a stupid person, I wholeheartedly disagree, and most airline officials would probably agree with me.

gigglem.gif

Real gentlemen do not denigrate the whole TV population as peasants. You may be surprised to learn that you are not the only person on here who travels business, or indeed first class. Some folks even have their own aircraft. Some folks have chains of jewellery shops and not just a few high end watches.

Real gentlemen don't make assumptions of another's position in life either.....

Only the reader knows if they fly economy or not......

But one should not judge another because our situations are not the same...

Just because he got robbed of a lot of money / valuables doesn't make him a ciminal or stupid..... it happens!!!

not protecting your valuables=stupid

gigglem.gif

Exactly, and others don't have a pot to piss in and would love to be able to afford cattle class.

gigglem.gif

Real gentlemen don't make assumptions of another's position in life either.....

Only the reader knows if they fly economy or not......

But one should not judge another because our situations are not the same...

Just because he got robbed of a lot of money / valuables doesn't make him a ciminal or stupid..... it happens!!!

SO what make you better in the world "RIG PIG" You breath the same air as I do but probably you got more money. You are discriminating against people with your "CATTLE CLASS" and because you think that only you is entitled to fly Business or 1st Class. I can tell you that you are a RACIST with this outlook on other people. Maybe your Altitude in life is to high. That's why you got this attitude about other people. Yea your name suit you RIG PIG.

CONTENT