Where are the best Isaan restaurants in Pattaya

TSF

theres one right opposite tukcom on the side street . there is also another very very good resturaunt opposite foodland in pattaya klnag, its selling isaan and is very reasonably priced. its an outdoor place and its really very popular with thai people, i have been in pattaya 15 years but only recently discovered it last month when a girl brought me there.

there is also another very very good resturaunt opposite foodland in pattaya klnag, its selling isaan and is very reasonably priced. its an outdoor place and its really very popular with thai people, i have been in pattaya 15 years but only recently discovered it last month when a girl brought me there.

Pra Jaan Baan is very good, but there is not much Isaan Food on the menu.

Not up-market but very good I believe a couple of doors down towards Pattaya tai from The Road Machine motor cycle shop on 3rd road............almost opposite "The Village"

Yes, I know that one, ate there once, they don't sell beer either so you can BYO from the 7 across the road.

theres one right opposite tukcom on the side street . there is also another very very good resturaunt opposite foodland in pattaya klnag, its selling isaan and is very reasonably priced. its an outdoor place and its really very popular with thai people, i have been in pattaya 15 years but only recently discovered it last month when a girl brought me there.

Checked it out last Friday night, didn't like the look of it so passed.

Really looking for an authentic Isaan restaurant not just a standard Thai restaurant that also sells somtum & larp.

BTW: ate last night for the first time at the Prapakarn restaurant, by the sea up past the Bali Hai pier. Great location and excellent food, a tad expensive but nothing to get upset about.

post-220281-0-08177600-1462770208_thumb.

Really looking for an authentic Isaan restaurant not just a standard Thai restaurant that also sells somtum & larp.

BTW: ate last night for the first time at the Prapakarn restaurant, by the sea up past the Bali Hai pier. Great location and excellent food, a tad expensive but nothing to get upset about.

attachicon.gifUntitled 1.jpg

Yes, I often use Prapakarn at sunset, their Thai Salads are very good.

attachicon.gifUntitled 1.jpg

Yes, I often use Prapakarn at sunset, their Thai Salads are very good.

I was impressed with the food quality, servings were a bit small, but what we got was very tasty. Had a somtum Thai, plus the grilled pla kapong. Teerak had a lemon shake and I had 2 X large Heineken. Total bil = 710 Bt. Location is fantastic, possibly the best location in Pattaya....sitting and dining just inches from the sea.

TSF

There's a food stall on the South Pattaya Rd. approx. 100m after the big temple on the left side (coming fr. 2nd rd.).

Thanks markus, my tirak knows that one and gets stuff there often, however, we're trying to find an upmarket restaurant.

Isaan upmarket? Contradicatory mate unless your looking for some sort of fancy thai- isaan fusion restaurant. Dont think one exists. People of Isaan cant afford upmarket thats why they eat where they eat yeah???

TSF

There's a food stall on the South Pattaya Rd. approx. 100m after the big temple on the left side (coming fr. 2nd rd.).

Thanks markus, my tirak knows that one and gets stuff there often, however, we're trying to find an upmarket restaurant.

Isaan upmarket? Contradicatory mate unless your looking for some sort of fancy thai- isaan fusion restaurant. Dont think one exists. People of Isaan cant afford upmarket thats why they eat where they eat yeah???

Yeah... "don't think" about sums that up.

The OP is looking for something a bit better than street stalls and hole-in-the-wall dining options. He's not looking for a joint with a maitre'd, a velvet rope and and an overpriced wine list.

Not up-market but very good I believe a couple of doors down towards Pattaya tai from The Road Machine motor cycle shop on 3rd road............almost opposite "The Village"

We went there last night, good food actually, plus I bought a couple large Heineken from the 7 across the road, so it was a very cheap dinner...just 200Bt for the food for 2 of us, plus 144 Bt for the 2 bottles of beer. We'll go there again for sure.

TSF

Yeah... "don't think" about sums that up.

The OP is looking for something a bit better than street stalls and hole-in-the-wall dining options. He's not looking for a joint with a maitre'd, a velvet rope and and an overpriced wine list.

Correct. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I used to go to a very nice Isaan garden restaurant in HatYai, and a very nice large Isaan restaurant at Bang Saen. So I been looking for something similar here in Pattaya.

Correct. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I used to go to a very nice Isaan garden restaurant in HatYai, and a very nice large Isaan restaurant at Bang Saen. So I been looking for something similar here in Pattaya.

Give Pra Jaan Baan on Pattaya Glang a try.

I'll take a look soon.

I'm actually heading up to Isaan next week, so I'll soon be sitting in my favorite Nong Khai restaurant by the banks of the Mekong, looking across into Laos while I enjoy my larp & Heineken...:-)

I'll take a look soon.

I'm actually heading up to Isaan next week, so I'll soon be sitting in my favorite Nong Khai restaurant by the banks of the Mekong, looking across into Laos while I enjoy my larp & Heineken...:-)

Let me know when you're back and I will direct you to Mrs NL's deliciously stinky Isaan food emporium in Nongplalai... you'll need a car or motorbike. Since there's a distinct lack of customers after the holidays ended, she's replacing the restaurant roof ahead of the (much needed) rains. She should be open again next week.