Thais In Turkey

Mr Red

I've lived in Istanbul and in Bursa and they are miles apart as you could expect. Istanbul is very cosmopolitan as I would expect Ankara to be. The usual precautions that apply to muslim countries apply in Turkey also...dress modestly, etc. Turkish men can be quite aggressive from what I've heard from western women that have spent time in Istanbul.

Generally speaking, Thai ladies that meet other thai ladies abroad form an insularity that protects them from the predations of the outside world. In Turkey most social functions involving local people that one would attend are men only so no need to worry about your wife's acceptance on that score. If your wife succeeds in finding other thai lady friends you will find that your spare time activities will be with other thai/falang couples. Such was my case in Abu Dhabi and Bahrain...not an unpleasant scenario I must say...

I have lived in Istanbul and stayed extensively in Istanbul. Ankara is a lot more conservative than Istanbul. I had Thai friends who visited me there and they loved Turkey--I don't know exactly why, but they really enjoyed the place.

Men and women are quite separate--but that is not all that different from the more traditional Thai life-style. Your wife may be a little lonely, but overall she should get along and like it.