PM Prayut invites public to travel in Thailand during 5-day holiday

webfact

PM invites public to travel in Thailand during 5-day holiday

BANGKOK, 6 May 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged the public to travel on this long weekend in order to help stimulate the economy and ensured maximum security for them.

Government Spokesman Sansern Kaeokamnerd said the five-day long weekend, from 5 -9 May, was created after the Cabinet declared this 6 May a public holiday. The PM urged people to travel since it was the government's policy to support tourism-related businesses, he said.

The spokesman added that tax invoices from purchases of domestic tour packages or hotel stays in 2016 were entitled to 15,000 baht tax reduction.

The spokesman stated further that the PM were concerned about the public's journeys during the long holiday and urged everyone to be more careful when driving or using the roads.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-06 footer_n.gif

/Sarcasm on . . .

"Yes, but only those that can afford to travel, can travel. Those that can't afford to travel, should not travel. Do not complain to me if you cannot afford to travel."

Along the lines of the consumption of seafood rant that I saw one Friday night.

/Sarcasm off . . .

Yes, come to Pattaya to experience the worst traffic congestion in your life. Songkran BKK-Isaan got nothing, 150m/h is true living. Pack pampers as you ain't getting out of the car.

Edited by DrTuner

With nearly critical levels of defaulting on mortgages, credit cards, and new car payments.... perhaps encouraging thriftiness might be more prudent in the long term. Oh wait, sorry, I forgot where I was. Hahahahaha, I'll just go make a nice pot of tea to bring me back to reality.

Whatever happened to hobbies? Maybe it's me just getting older, but between my instrument practice, songwriting, gardening, and photography I have more than enough to do at home. Most Thai people I know watch TV all night. I turned the plug off UBC over 10 years ago and never looked back. Unless I am going somewhere spectacular, why should I rent some room in some hot dusty Thai hotel?

I find these kind of OP's confusing, to say the least. I have to conclude it's the interpretation.

Para 1 General encourages and wants people to travel Para 4. General is 'concerned' about people travelling.

Para 1. How does travelling affect 'security'? No elaboration.

I know it's unfair, but this country seems recently to be on permanent holiday, with the cabinet granting special holidays to give long week-ends. If I was a cynic I would believe it is all part of the softening up process, prior to the referendum. Happiness brings 'yes'.

Yes, come to Pattaya to experience the worst traffic congestion in your life. Songkran BKK-Isaan got nothing, 150m/h is true living. Pack pampers as you ain't getting out of the car.

No disrespect, but have you ever been to Bangkok ? I've flipped between the 2 on a weekly basis for a number of years now, the jams you see at times over the weekends in Pattaya are an everyday occurrence in Bangkok. I'd take Pattaya for traffic anytime.

12 People in a Pick up. 2 bottles of Hong. A mat. Icebox. I love that!

AND

A few hours later Overturned pickup 12 bodies dead in ditch and probably they ran over an innocent family on a motorbike on the way into the ditch

Happy holidays thank you Generalissimo

Too many holidays here.

Yes, people should work every day and walk around glum and in despair.

Too many holiday? Ohhh, it must be time to go home. Bye bitter pill.

What incoherent nonsense. Thailand already has lots of public holidays, and seriously needs to focus on ways of making it's labour force more competitive. The idiots that call themselves the government are instead sending out a message that people need to take yet more time off work, and spend their money, when they should be doing the exact opposite.