Ukrainian faces 5-year blacklist for 337-day overstay

Rimmer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long will he spend in immigration detention waiting for someone to stump up the air fare home?

Overstay Season is upon us

Let it rip he's worse than a serial killer - paedophile - conman - rapist - Isis. Yeah' a low life who's damaged Ferangs around the worlds reputation deservingly in need of execution for this ghastly crime against the self-righteous expats who are a pillar of Thai society.

Grow - up !!!'

Just saying ........

Edited by ScotBkk

You said Ukrainian you said everything, and before the blacklisted stamp's ink will dry, this guy is going

to have another passport which he will enter Thailand with.... so don't hold your breath TO-MO guys,

this blacklisting idea will work for most but not for some.....

I don't believe in this case.

He is obviously pennyless/broken, not a mafia weapon dealer.

If he ever gets out of detention prison and got back home, how will he pay for a new ticket?

New passport: would probably work if he gets (a false) one with different name and birthday.

This is the minimum that is automatically scanned and looked up at airport checkpoints.

"Probably": seems like they still have not introduced fingerprinting at the checkpoints as announced two (?) years ago?

What a laughter.

Fingerprinting and face recognition would make an end to "new passport"/"new name".

Retinal scan is far better than fingerprints

How long will he spend in immigration detention waiting for someone to stump up the air fare home?

I think the Thai government stump up the money because even if they stick him in jail for a few months it is costing them money. If you want a free ticket home this appears the way to go hang around an immigration office and get detained !!!!

It is not always the case that the deporting country stumps up the fare. Sometimes the home country pays for the flight but denies a passport to the individual until the debt is paid.

I cannot see this guy getting back into the country any time soon unless it is with a passport with a different nationality (some people are entitled to passports from more than one different country). It should be easy for the immigration service to catch him - once the name or name and birthday rings the alarm, they can check his fingerprints. He is unlikely to be able to pay for the fare anyway.

No way that guy is 33. He looks 63

63 ? What a BS.

As a Ukrainian I would also try to stay away from Kiev as far as possible.

Deportation means that either Thailand tax payer or Ukrainian embassy will have to buy his ticket home.

Ukrainian embassy will also most probably have to issue a travel document for him.

You said Ukrainian you said everything, and before the blacklisted stamp's ink will dry, this guy is going

to have another passport which he will enter Thailand with.... so don't hold your breath TO-MO guys,

Homeless and hungry and you think he gets a name change and new passport soon?

If this man is 'penniless' he will be taken to Court where a Judge will determine the outcome.

If any fine imposed cannot be paid then it will have to be paid off with jail time at 200bht/day. Once that is settled he will remain in the IDC until such time as he has a ticket out of the country.

Yes. It only took 29 ridiculous posts before you posted what actually happens.

Can't believe some people think that either the Thai government or the embassy of the deportee is going to pony up airfare home for deportees. The relevant embassy might assist in contacting family back home or in some circumstances make a loan tied to further passports being issued , but no embassy & no department of the government has a cache of cash available for free flights out for everyone caught over-staying.

There was a recent post by someone who was deported for drug possession nearly 30 years ago who tried to re-enter Thailand after several changes of passport and he was refused entry.

Yes, if you're some big time criminal anything is possible, but this guy or others in his situation obviously aren't making the big bucks in the criminal underworld in Thailand and I doubt if he manages to get home that some organization has kept his office in the C-suite waiting for him.

Edited by Suradit69

lets hear the facts from the people in the know, if someone overstays say 1-12 months , do they go straight to IDC and get processed for months or will thai government get them to hell out of country if funds are readilly available and flight ticket is paid? which seems most sensible thing to do right but then again we are in thailand ......whistling.gif

please someone confirm, who knows !!

If he ever gets out of detention prison and got back home, how will he pay for a new ticket?

New passport: would probably work if he gets (a false) one with different name and birthday.

This is the minimum that is automatically scanned and looked up at airport checkpoints.

"Probably": seems like they still have not introduced fingerprinting at the checkpoints as announced two (?) years ago?

What a laughter.

Fingerprinting and face recognition would make an end to "new passport"/"new name".

You make some very good points.

Most importantly a new passport will not fool Thai Immigration, even if he were to legally change his name, date of birth and place of birth would remain the same, false name, POB and DOB would depend on how well run or how corrupt his national passport service is, his next option would a fake/forged passport or sneaking across a land boarder.

Fact is if the Thai's go ahead with implication of facial recognition and finger printing, his and the options of others will be very slim, we also know that the use of forged documents carry severe penalties, and if he does get back in after a time he is likely to be caught again and they already have his mug shoot and finger prints on file.

Edited by Basil B

I think the Thai government stump up the money because even if they stick him in jail for a few months it is costing them money. If you want a free ticket home this appears the way to go hang around an immigration office and get detained !!!!

People die in IDC waiting for a ticket home every week on average.

Edited by asean

So you're saying no one remains IDC lockup for more than a few months?

"If you want a free ticket home this appears the way to go hang around an immigration office and get detained !!!!"

Why don't you give it a try and report back to us.

lets hear the facts from the people in the know, if someone overstays say 1-12 months , do they go straight to IDC and get processed for months or will thai government get them to hell out of country if funds are readilly available and flight ticket is paid? which seems most sensible thing to do right but then again we are in thailand ......whistling.gif

please someone confirm, who knows !!

like in most countries when you get caught while doing a crime, they lock you up and then after a while a judge while handle your case.

I don't really see this guy as the poster child for what's now going to happen to overstayers per the new guidelines. Under these circumstances, I think it's at least possible if not likely he would've been blacklisted even before these new guidelines took effect in March. I'm more interested to know what's happening with long overstays showing up at the airport. So far, I don't think I've heard of even one foreigner that was actually blacklisted in accordance with the new guidelines because of long overstay. Not one. Maybe it is happening but they don't really want to skyline themselves here in a public forum like TVF for whatever reason, I don't know.

No way that guy is 33. He looks 63

I wonder what 33 yr. olds look like where you come from....I thought he looked remarkedly well for a man who was living on the streets, not long since he had a shave anyway?

regarding some sayings about he could get a new passport, or just forged one and come back,,

I guess they are using bio-metric fingerprints, camera to identify face, or something where noway to pass on old tricks,

aren't they aware about these options n practices they may take a place?

for sure Thai immigration, Thai intelligence etc. all security bodies are reading here everyday and every single word posted and they will take notice of what mentioned.. !

I would not pin any hopes on that happening any time soon ....

50 to a cell and fish head soup once a day for three months until a charity may pay his fare out. If he does have relatives overseas they may pay his fare on a direct flight home.

With the greatest respect to our friend, if he is homeless and yet considered a "high profile" case.....he should thank his lucky stars that he is not a top Hollywood actor or Royalty or such like........imagine the publicity he would have drawn then?

What a laughter.

Retinal scan is far better than fingerprints
I heard they also do Anus Digital Probes with electric Prod sticks to check for dodgy arzeholes

Just saying ......,,

Edited by ScotBkk

As a Ukrainian I gotta say. Wow! A lot of experts here on Ukrainian culture. You guys have us figured out. A quick suggestion: Google a bit about overstay in Thailand and you may find a lot more people from your homeland. As bonus google pedophiles in Thailand... you'd be surprised how few Ukrainian folk are among them...

This individual had been doing whatever to stick around for an additional year, roughly, and now its time to leave with this nasty ban on returning. Don't think it really matters to this guy. If there is a real reason to be in/come back to Thailand then there will be a work around for sure. IMM gave him food etc, but I see a story without a bunch of research. Doesn't look destitute nor does he look look distressed at IMM. This individual is not high profile but just another stiff who said "fine". Let's get to the real runners, Red Bull baby. I'll save the rest of the venom for the proper thread.