Help me get to Samui

Hey,

Does anyone know if you can get a sangthaw from the Raja ferry port, or do you need to use seatran and go go Nathon?

I'd like to book a combined ticket from BKK train station, but don't know if a non-AC train - bus - boat will be available with Seatran.

It mentions Raja on the train station website.

How good is it booking bus/ boat combo ticket from inside Surat Thani station?

I remember when I was last there I saw ticket offices and busses waiting, but I think the train stopped before Surat Thani station.

Anyway, just want train combo ticket + songthaw to Lamai instead of taxi.

Thank you

Raja do a mini bus hotel drop off from around 10am? about 150 baht? You can book it at Donsak

I came in on the 1st ferry of the morning arriving at 6.30am and no mini bus available at that time, managed to get a motorbike taxi to take me to the main road for 50baht and then got a Songthaw to Chaweng for 100 baht

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are on a budget, an easy and cheap way to get from surat thani railway station to don sak ferry port is to first take the orange non-air city bus waiting outside the station to the last stop (talat kaset 1) only 15 baht. It will take 30-45 min depending on traffic.

In talat kaset 1 there is a song taew that will take you to the ferry port for 50 baht, about 1 hour 15 min. If you want to travel in air-conditioned luxury you can cross the street to soi 33 and take a modern nice van for 70 baht. 

You can't book the bus or the song taew, you just show up and hop on. They follow a time table, more or less, so you have to wait for up to 30 min. 

I have never taken the ferry, bot the locals here in surat thani don't book ferry tickets, they buy them at the ferry port before getting on. 

This is day-time only, there is almost no public transport in the evenings or early in the morning here in surat thani.

Good luck ! 

It seems that the prices i gave above are to don sak village. The ferry port is a couple of km outside the village, so they charge you extra to take you all the way. The van is 100 baht and the song taew probably 60 or 70. 

Sorry, but it is better than paying 200 or more that some a......... want.