Cheating students to be banned for life in medical profession

webfact

Cheating students to be banned for life in medical profession

615_Cheated-students-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Rangsit University will submit names of three students caught cheating in the entrance of examination to the Medical Council of Thailand to ban them for life in the medical profession.

The move came as the university said it was also preparing to file civil lawsuit to demand compensation for damages caused to the university’s image and the entrance examination sat by over 3,000 applicants but was forced to scrap after cheating were detected.

The university plans to schedule new entrance examination, possibly on June 4 and 5.

The university’s deputy rector Nares Pantaratorn said cheating was detected on the first day of the entrance examination on May 7.

The university then plotted to capture cheaters the next day.

He said three applicants were hired to sit for the exam, two of them wearing glasses installed with miature video cameras.

Another was assigned to transmit all data to tutors who also are university students.

They were hired 6,000 baht each, he said.

On the first day, they were able to transmit the exam papers.

The exam papers were taken by hired applicants and transmitted to tutors gathered in a room of a place to resolve.

It took these tutors not much time to finish all answers and sent them back to the hiring applicants wearing the smart watches.

The deputy rector said “we found that it was the last 30 minutes of the exam that the hirers would spend to write down all answers in the exam.”

The university also revealed the captured glass with miniature camera and smart watches at yesterday’s press conference.

The video footage taken by the camera glasses showed the first moment the hired applicant walked into the exam room and all the pages of the exam papers.

The hired applicant spent just 45 minutes to capture all pages of the exam papers before leaving the exam room, thus prompting suspicion of his behaviour that led to the detection of the cheats.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/162669

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-10

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif Bravo, for once the right decision has been made. Of course, we will have to wait and see if the decision sticks.

I don't think that the university has to worry about it's image, as in this case they actually did the right thing and without the usual lengthy delays. If anything, their actions in this case should enhance their image. But this being Thailand, a university that does not tolerate cheating may not go down well with the locals. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Going after all involved for monetary damages is also the right thing to do, so bravo again.

The university then plotted to capture cheaters the next day.

He said three applicants were hired to sit for the exam, two of them wearing glasses installed with miature video cameras.

Another was assigned to transmit all data to tutors who also are university students.

The video footage taken by the camera glasses showed the first moment the hired applicant walked into the exam room and all the pages of the exam papers.

Never underestimate others.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif Bravo, for once the right decision has been made. Of course, we will have to wait and see if the decision sticks.

I don't think that the university has to worry about it's image, as in this case they actually did the right thing and without the usual lengthy delays. If anything, their actions in this case should enhance their image. But this being Thailand, a university that does not tolerate cheating may not go down well with the locals. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Going after all involved for monetary damages is also the right thing to do, so bravo again.

Now if only the same approach could be used for politicians, govt. officials, teachers, police, etc. Now that would enhance Thailand's image I imagine I believe.

Why are not policies already in place? One of the big problems in LOS is the lack of anticipation so rules are made as they go along and the rules might or might not be enforced...

We always like to blame the student or person for the lack of integrity but the system is equally at fault....

While I applaud the action, as usual only half the solution. Why no talk of expelling the tutors and also banning them from the medical profession for life?

"Rangsit University will submit names of three students caught cheating in the entrance of examination to the Medical Council of Thailand to ban them for life in the medical profession."

They were immediately hired by government agencies where their talent and lack of ethics could be put to much better use. giggle.gif

Edited by jaltsc

As others have said, the cheaters only need to change their name. Very common and easy to do in Thailand. Unless there is a database of criminals but I doubt that such a list exists anyway. In this case there is no police action, so they won't be on a list anyway.

To prevent the cheaters from coming back, it might be a good idea to just take a 1/2 inch chunk of flesh from everyones left ear, like what they do with cattle and other farm animals. They should be easier to spot after that.

Now if only the same approach could be used for politicians, govt. officials, teachers, police, etc. Now that would enhance Thailand's image I imagine I believe.

Mate/dude/buddy, it seems that you've forgotten a huge group of people. The farangs in this country......

What about all the guys who fell/fall in love with a "I love you too much bar girl", then spend/ spent all their money/savings/pensions ,etc.... just to find out that they don't even get some cash for the house(s), car(s), motorbike(s) and other bs back, once they find out that they're only ATM's on two feet.

I strongly believe that especially older people should receive immediate help when they go/get ripped off by their spouses.

I'm doing some volunteer work for an institution with an office in Bangkok and whenever there's a problem in my area I'm trying to solve some sometimes very strange issues.

Unfortunately, are mostly the gambling/jabba dabba doo/ jaa ice wives/partners the reason for their penniless lives.

Is it Dieland, Lieland, or Whyland, the place others also call Thailand with all the Thainess around you?

It's already that weird that not even Thais understand the meaning of certain smiles anymore.

And a general who strongly believes that foreign girls/women ( many of them have a to save money for a whole year to be able to fly to this country) in their tiny bikinis at a beach are easy victims for some brainless dwarfs.

The cheating at schools doesn't do such a damage to people who later commit suicide, or "accidentally" fall off a balcony

If I'd only have one percent of the cash foreigners spend/lose in one hour on one day for useless stuff they'll never own, I'd be rich.

Sorry for being totally off topic.

While I applaud the action, as usual only half the solution. Why no talk of expelling the tutors and also banning them from the medical profession for life?

The tutors can't be expelled by the university, they were not university tutors.

Tutors come from other faculties, not necessarily the medical faculty. The tutors would have to be caught, charged and convicted and that hasn't happened here.

As others have said, the cheaters only need to change their name. Very common and easy to do in Thailand. Unless there is a database of criminals but I doubt that such a list exists anyway. In this case there is no police action, so they won't be on a list anyway.

and get a new Thai national ID as well?

There's gonna be some rich, and very unhappy daddy's over this one. lol

No problem for the rich ones. They can change their names and start over again.

you forgot about joining the monk hood for a day