Fortune Teller For Car...

corkscrew

Our Bangkok Mercedes Benz dealer rang up today with an invitation to visit the showroom on the 17th and 18th of this month. No, they are not showing off a new model...they are hosting a fortune teller who will suggest which model of Mercedes should their customers buy next.

As all of you know, buying a car in Thailand is an event which must be guided, time wise, by advice from a monk. When we bought our S and our SLK a Buddhist monk gave us the most auspictious date and time to take delivery. As my wife is a Buddhist we followed the clock to the exact second. You can read about it here:

http://www.corkscrew-balloon.com/05/06/1bkk/partiv.html

I am curious as to what model the fortune teller will advise me to buy next...I think we will go just to hear what he says. My guess is that the fortune teller will suggest an AMG 65 something. Ha! Unlikely that he will advise us to downsize to a Smart.

Car shopping here is much more fun than it is in the US or EU.

PS: No, we are NOT going to buy another car.

Laugh if you want, BUT, it was very important to my wife that we should listen to the monks regarding what time and day to take delivery of both the vehicles that we purchased. Both were than taken to the local wat to be blessed or whatever they do to them. It seemed like it was worth the effort to keep her happy. The rope of strings around the steering column isn't so bad. :o

My guess is that the fortune teller will suggest an AMG 65 something. Ha! Unlikely that he will advise us to downsize to a Smart.

Not to spoil the shopping mood, but I hope he doesn't tell you that your present car will crash soon and that you should replace it now with a new one, for your own safety. :o That would be enough to close a sale with some (rich) Thai people I know.