American expat aims to raise funds to ‘recreate’ 9/11 in countryside

webfact

American expat aims to raise funds to ‘recreate’ 9/11 in countryside
By Coconuts Bangkok

paulsalo.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A delusional American expat living in Thailand has publicly announced a plan to finally get to the bottom of a 9/11 conspiracy theory – he just needs THB10 million to make it happen.

Over the years, speculation that the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington DC were fake has grown steadily amongst a certain type of armchair internet theorist. File these people somewhere between “Elvis Presley is alive” and “staged NASA moon landings.”

One 9/11 conspiracy theory postulates that the collapse of the World Trade Center Towers in New York defied Newton’s law of motion. Now, 15 years later, an American man believes he can end that debate once and for all here in Thailand.

Paul Salo, an American entrepreneur based in Asia, announced in a homemade video filmed in Bangkok that he wants to raise USD300,000 (THB10.5 million) to buy an airplane similar to the ones used in the World Trade Center attack and a building in a remote area to recreate 9/11 using auto-pilot.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/05/10/american-expat-aims-raise-funds-recreate-911-countryside

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-05-11

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Several people have estimated costs to recreate 9/11 and they usually are about USD3 million. We are trying to do it for 10 percent of that," said Paul.

"I wanna fly that sucker in there and see what happens," he said in the video. "We're gonna prove it once and for all: Was 9/11 a hoax or was it real?"

Let me save you some time and money on that...it was real.

"We deserve to find out what happened.”

We already know what happened.

I am an American and I am crazy for being in Thailand but I don't even do this sh*t.

I am sure many of us have met people who believe in all sorts of strange things and start talking with great conviction about their unbelievable theories.

Sad as this man can't even make one valid point during his video without getting the facts wrong and talking about using Go Pro cameras and "not letting anyone mess with them".

Mildly paranoid at this point, in another 10 years he will be talking to himself on a street corner.

Believe me. I lived in California the UFO capital of the world. Please. YOU MUST BELIEVE ME. THEY'RE HERE! THEY'RE HERE!

Wait. someone has changed my post. LOOK. YOU SEE IT RIGHT?

The only skyscrapers to ever fall into their own footprint because of a fire, all fell on the same day at the same place, but at different times.

One didn't even appear to have been heavily damaged and it's fall was reported on BBC several minutes before it actually fell.

A very strange day indeed.

The only skyscrapers to ever fall into their own footprint because of a fire, all fell on the same day at the same place, but at different times.

One didn't even appear to have been heavily damaged and it's fall was reported on BBC several minutes before it actually fell.

Not that strange if you look for the facts

"It turns out that the respected news agency Reuters picked up an incorrect report and passed it on. They have issued this statement:

"On 11 September 2001 Reuters incorrectly reported that one of the buildings at the New York World Trade Center, 7WTC, had collapsed before it actually did. The report was picked up from a local news story and was withdrawn as soon as it emerged that the building had not fallen."

From

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2008/07/controversy_conspiracies_iii.html

Here's some facts about what happened.

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/the_9_11_truth_movement_the_top_conspiracy_theory_a_decade_later

Edited by Bluespunk

"It turns out that the respected news agency Reuters picked up an incorrect report and passed it on. They have issued this statement:

"On 11 September 2001 Reuters incorrectly reported that one of the buildings at the New York World Trade Center, 7WTC, had collapsed before it actually did. The report was picked up from a local news story and was withdrawn as soon as it emerged that the building had not fallen."

From

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/the_9_11_truth_movement_the_top_conspiracy_theory_a_decade_later

Easy to release a statement after the fact to substantiate whatever you like, not that I agree or disagree with this fella, I really just don't care. I have looked at both sides and come to the conclusion knowing which one is correct doesn't bring back the dead.

Edited by JeremyBowskill

From

Easy to release a statement after the fact to substantiate whatever you like, not that I agree or disagree with this fella, I really just don't care. I have looked at both sides and come to the conclusion knowing which one is correct doesn't bring back the dead.

I completely disagree with him, he's a nut job.

From

I completely disagree with him, he's a nut job.

I am suspicious as to how planes get through the most guarded airspace in the world and his the most guarded building without so much as a picture of it. Could be another Pearl Harbor but not my country to really care about or pass comment on.

I quote from the Official Website of the Tourist Authority of Thailand (http://www.tourismthailand.org/About-Thailand/Passport-Visa) (My bold/underline)

"It should also be noted that foreigners who fall into any of the following categories are prohibited from entering the Kingdom:

* Those having no genuine or valid passport or document used in lieu of passport; or having a genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of passport without obtaining a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in a foreign country or from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, except if a visa is not required for certain types of aliens in special instances.

* Having no appropriate means of living following entrance into the Kingdom.

* Having entered into the Kingdom to take occupation as a laborer, or to take employment by using physical energy without skills or training , or to work in violation of the Alien Work Permit Law.

* Being mentally unstable or having any of the diseases as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations....."

How many jet planes have flown into skyscrapers?

Central World collapsed and it didn't even need jet fuel to weaken the steel.

Sounds more like a "send me money to do something" (which will never be done but many bar owners and bar girls will be made very happy). Almost like setting up a condo project that you never intend on building, especially after you've already spent all the money early investors have given you.

Nah, that would never happen in Thailand would it ?