Rubbish and dirty black water - welcome to Pattaya!

webfact

Rubbish and dirty black water - welcome to Pattaya!

ptt.jpg
Image: Thairath

PATTAYA:-- Pictures of the ugly state of a long stretch of the beach in South Pattaya have been published nationwide.

Reporters made a visit after reports of an accumulation of rubbish and effluent pumped into the sea made for a very unappealing site along a 300 metre section. Filthy black water stretched some 100 metres into the sea as well, reports Thairath.

Complaints have been made by people involved in tourism that the state of the beach has been like this for at least a month and nothing has been done by local authorities. Some locals in the tourist industry have tried to clear up but the rubbish keeps coming. And the issue of pipes that spew filth into the water from the city is not being addressed, said locals.

The beach is an important one for tourism and when visitors see the rubbish it is bound to have a knock on effect on tourism, they said.

Rang, 46, a local born in Pattaya who works in the tourist boat business said: "It used to be beautiful with clear sea and tourists wanted to come, "he opined. "But it has been like this for ages with rubbish blown in off the sea and pollution coming from pipes. When tourists get on the boats they have to step through broken glass and sharp objects. The water is filthy too."

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-11

Wrong wrong wrong,a report on this very issue was posted on here just last month.................Pattaya,s beaches are fine thumbsup.gif

are you being sarcastic?.....yes/no

If not,then why are there no foreigners/thais to be seen in the water.........

Yeah, was it last week those beaches were rated as "good"? You can't see the tourists in the water due to being pulled under by creature from the black Thai beach. maybe Bud should open a brewery there using the water. Have to be improvement over "America" beer they are pushing currently: more body, more flavor. More sugar Adolph!

Edited by Emster23

Rang, 46, a local born in Pattaya who works in the tourist boat business said: "It used to be beautiful with clear sea and tourists wanted to come, "he opined. "But it has been like this for ages with rubbish blown in off the sea and pollution coming from pipes. When tourists get on the boats they have to step through broken glass and sharp objects. The water is filthy too."

Yes it was I remember, however not for a long time now.

Rubbish blown in off the sea? How does it get in the sea in the first place?

Maybe fine people for littering and employ people to clean the streets and beaches before it even gets in the sea!

The sea is full of crap due to this attitude and it is a hazard to all marine life as well as tourists.

As for the effluence, that is down to the council/police!

Find out where it is coming from and close it down.

As long as the millions of hotels , restaurants and local food vendors keep putting /pumping their sewer water , cooking oil etc into the sea, the sea water will become more and more polluted. Even on Thailands smaller islands where hotels are springing up every day. Then you have the jet sis, long tails, speedboats and fishing boats that de -gaz . There has never been the correct government ministries to control tourism , and the mayors don't can't impose rules. Nobody in authority is actually working to do anything to sort out this hopeless ( ?) situation. I think it's too late.

"The beach is an important one for tourism and when visitors see the rubbish it is bound to have a knock on effect on tourism, they said."

You think?

"Complaints have been made by people involved in tourism that the state of the beach has been like this for at least a month and nothing has been done by local authorities."

What a shock!

I would bet street venders dumping their grease down the drains and during the last few rains or water fights it washes out to the beach.

The last big rain and water fight was weeks ago.

How much did you bet?

It is not just the beaches here in Thailand that are filthy ,it is everywhere..Thais are some of the cleanest people personally but out side of their own area are some of the dirtiest. The cities do not need new landfills as the average Thai will just take his garbage and junk to the nearest vacant lot to dump it.Even the city electric and water companies do not take their trash back to the city departments ,they too look for a empty lot for their trash.It is truly a filthy land.Even during war time Vietnamese tried to keep their land fairly clean.

Just when you think that the perception of Pattaya as a tourist attraction could not get any worse...they take pics of grossly polluted beaches...sad to see what Pattaya has become...fear the future will only get worse for the once great place to visit...

Parts of the sea off Pattaya Beach are essentially an open sewer. On my first visit to Thailand, 16 years ago, I went swimming at the far north end of the beach. 100 yards from the beach, i swam directly into a large collection of solid human waste.

A horrid mess- all due to insatiable geed. Pattaya is way overbuilt with no controls. They will only stop this madness when the tourists stop coming. It is too late. I wouldn't invest a Baht in the area. And the madness continues with Jomtien headed in the same direction and even Bangsaray becoming overbuilt. It is no wonder that the majority of the Navy controlled beaches refuse to have foreign tourists enter.

Thai beaches are digusting and must be the dirtiest in the world. There is no way I would ever go back to a Thai beach.

must be the dirtiest in the world. There is no way I would ever go back to a Thai beach

Dirtiest in the world LOL. Just returned from Trat, beautiful beaches. Why specifically Thai beaches? What beaches would you consider going to?back

Parts of the sea off Pattaya Beach are essentially an open sewer. On my first visit to Thailand, 16 years ago, I went swimming at the far north end of the beach. 100 yards from the beach, i swam directly into a large collection of solid human waste.

Thankfully the Ruble is almost worthless now so this shouldn't happen again..

hpm.

Thai beaches are digusting and must be the dirtiest in the world. There is no way I would ever go back to a Thai beach.

Thank you, Thechook, we will all sigh in relief after you won't come back to a Thai beach.

I'm always astonished when I see people on the beach in Pattaya, especially given how far they have traveled, to sit there looking at all the stinking muck, pestered by vendors and rabid dogs. It's all a far cry from the pristine beaches of Western France, and hundreds of other beautiful beach locations around the world.

I'm always astonished when I see people on the beach in Pattaya, especially given how far they have traveled, to sit there looking at all the stinking muck, pestered by vendors and rabid dogs. It's all a far cry from the pristine beaches of Western France, and hundreds of other beautiful beach locations around the world.

I know. I said in an earlier contribution that I've never been in the sea here in ten years. However, very occasionally when in town I have been down there with a good book for a read and a snooze in the shade. under the umbrellas. Even this seemingly harmless occupation is almost impossible with the vendors constantly refusing to take a polite refusal. Shame really, but even that has ended now. Better to sit by lake Mab - now that is peaceful.thumbsup.gif