Dry Waterfall Report

Trujillo

Funny you should say that. See my other thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/916754-thai-drivers-license-no-longer-good-for-thai-price/

The woman wanted 130 baht for Mr. Big Nose, but the real price for Kingdom-certified homegrowns was a whopping 20 baht.

They had a sign with a photo on it at the entrance booth that said in Thai and that alien language that the "water"fall had no water. I said, "You're really going to make me pay 130 baht even though there is no water?"

"Yes," was the answer.

I paid (ruining my mood and trying to shake the dark cloud following me after that). But I refused to take a ticket, saying a bad adjective word in front of the word "ticket."

When I was driving out, I thought I might just snap a pic of that there regulation paper, and as I sauntered up, the woman slid the money back to me saying, in that alien speak, "Take money back."

I guess someone must have said, "Gee Khwan Jai, that was tough. Charging that big nose the full price to see an empty waterfall? No point using that money to buy a lottery ticket -- bad luck there."

And so she gave it back.

But...I did see a cool moth:

post-165256-0-08995500-1463045672_thumb.

When I was driving out, I thought I might just snap a pic of that there regulation paper, and as I sauntered up, the woman slid the money back to me saying, in that alien speak, "Take money back."

I guess someone must have said, "Gee Khwan Jai, that was tough. Charging that big nose the full price to see an empty waterfall? No point using that money to buy a lottery ticket -- bad luck there."

And so she gave it back.

A real rarity to get your money back in Thailand especially from a Thai.