Super Sized Rodents on the increase

For some years now I have admired the size of Bangkok Rats and they seem to be getting bigger and bigger. They are brazen too, not easily frightened.

I recall sitting in one of my favourite shops waiting for my meal when this rat strolled in to the busy Resturant and stood on its hind feet resting it's front paws on on one of the restaurant workers knees. Unalarmed, she brushed it away and went on collecting plates. The rat strutted out of the restaurant and headed next door, pedestrians scattering to let it past.

Well it would seem that some of these huge rodents have gone 'inter' and headed over to 'old blighty'.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/a-super-rat-the-size-of-a-small-child-has-been-captured-in-the-uk/news-story/049d294573339dd6817b233f4fd63227

It got me thinking, has Roland Rat returned to his native home, only to end up in the hands of the authorities?

Edited by neverdie

I had a friend visiting LOS for his first time and he wanted to see to Nana Plaza & Soi Cowboy. After visiting both he never wanted to return there again because of the rats. In NEP the rats were running over the first floor metal roof awnings and getting bins after discarded food even with people sitting beside the bins. In Soi Cowboy after heavy rain, the rats were out in the Soi running amongst the people but none were anywhere near this size.

I'm one of the few people that like rats - outside, not in the house!

They started coming in the house and it took me a long time to close all the access holes/trap and remove them.

Something happened (nothing to do with me, presumably rat snakes?) and the multitude of rats has all but disappeared. Had to laugh though whilst lying on the sofa one night watching TV, when I saw a rat come in (through the patio doors) to eat the dog food. He'd almost reached the bowl, when he spotted me or one of the dogs and shot out again biggrin.png .

Talking about BIG THINGS, some of you here might remember a TVF Poster from yesteryear, MRTOAD.

Well I was searching for MRTOAD and I found that he recently featured in this news article back in old blighty.

He was larger than life ole MRTOAD, some parts of him more than others apparently.

No wonder he was popular with the ladies!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/7142343/What-the-frog-This-toad-looks-extremely-well-endowed--but-all-is-not-as-it-seems.html