Tailor For Woman's Blouse (thai Style)

foolforlove

hi

i bought some silk fabric at a market upcountry and had a traditional long skirt made for my mother. (as in พาถง or พาสิ่น )

there was some extra material left over, enough to make a blouse for her.

can anyone suggest a place in BKK that i can take the fabric and measurements to get a blouse (thai style) made?

thanks much

well i live near MBK. but i can go anywhere within reason.

i'd be glad to try Marty's. where is it? Asoke/nana is big area.

i do not have a fixed idea about what i want. so i am looking for a tailor who can suggest some ideas. perhaps has some samples.... that sort of thing.

yes i can chat with any store... but was hoping to get some recommendations for stores.

mark

The Cotton House in Oriental Place, next to the Mandarin Oriental - they're pretty good.

Cotton House, Oriental Place Shopping Arcade, 30/1 Charoen Krung Road, 38 Bangkok, Thailand; 011-662-266-0186, Ext. 1021, e-mail: cottonhouse100 @hotmail.com.

Also, if you don't have your mom available for measurements is to get a blouse of hers that fits very well and use that as a guide for measurements.

There is a tailor over on Sukhumvit, next to that hotel (soi 2 or 3) sorry, I can't remember the name of the hotel! It is on the side of Suk opposite from Foodland. Raja Tailors? Something like that. Sorry for being vague, I go to Bangkok once a year :o

Also, if you google the main general forum there are several threads about tailors with recommendations.

Also, if you google the main general forum there are several threads about tailors with recommendations.

Why's a mod advocating using google when TV has it's own search engine? :D Click ad revenues? :o

Sorry, my mistake, I did mean to say search the forum but google has become such an all pervasive word for searching that I missed it. Give me a break, I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet :D

Sorry, my mistake, I did mean to say search the forum but google has become such an all pervasive word for searching that I missed it. Give me a break, I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet :D

Just woke up? You are not in Koh Phangan? :o

Just woke up? You are not in Koh Phangan? :o

Nope, in the US helping my parents out. Headed home in a few days. Can't wait, I was not looking forward to early nights, cold and snow :D

Anyway, now that we've had our personal chat in this guy's thread :D

back to tailors :D

• 2 weeks later...

Raja's tailor in Suk 4 I believe is what SBK was referring to. they are good, been around for years. used to take all my friends there and they would offer good deal. not been in ages, but try it....also say someone from deutsche bank recommended you, see if that still gets u a good deal :o

theres also a place on the road further up from pratunam...i forget the name though. but theres only 1 or 2 tailor shops there so you would spot it. its down the next block from Indra hotel (pratunam market)

Edited by MiG16