RIP Gary Paletta

moe666

A friend and a resident of Thailand has passed away after a short illness. Gary was a resident of Phuket for 15 years where heopened the first bungy jump. He moved to Chiang Mai about 8 years ago. Gary was a friend to many here in Chiang Mai go in peace brother.

Very sad news, but as I noted when I got the phone call, it is a mercy that he went so quickly and his godson from Europe was with him for the last couple of weeks. Mr K went up to the hospital a couple of times earlier in the week and said he wasn't doing well at all.

Gary was the first farang I met when we first came to Chiang Mai 7 or 8 years ago, reading a German novel around the pool and speaking Italian to someone; he'd been here a few months already so gave me the tips on where to buy decent food (and where to avoid) and cheap beer! He could be a bit of a pain when he was on a bender, but he really was a nice bloke and a very good friend to those who got close to him. And he appreciated home cooking more than anyone I've ever cooked for.

He'll be sadly missed by many.

RIP Gazza.

Archived