Republic of Ireland tourist visa for Thai gf

Hi,

Anybody have any experience getting a tourist visa for ireland from the irish embassy in bangkok? i have known my gf about 9 months just looking to get a visa for her to visit for a month,

I work month on month off at sea in the uk and i would be able to show fairly healthy finances,

She works full time for a big telecoms company in bangkok for the last 8 years earning about 30000 per month but she has no land or property and not a whole lot savings,

Any help or info would be appreciated.

I have taken my GF over to the mother land several times, the first application was the hardest but I must say the embassy staff are very patient and helpful.

Here is a list I follow each time I make an application :

A completed on line application form .

A scanned and signed copy of her passport.

A scanned and signed copy of my Irish passport.

A copy of my entry TM card and entry stamp.

A letter of invitation stating where she would be staying and contact details, the also wanted me to put in the letter an explanation about our relationship, this was to be in more detail than 'we have been living together for 14 months', they were looking for more details like where we met, how much money I give her every month, what she does for a living etc., seemed to me you could not put enough information on this letter.

A certified translation of any property she might own, in our case initially this was just two mopeds.

A certified translation of her Thai family’s house book.

A certified translation of the house book of any of her family members who may be registered to the same house. ( This they explained was to help prove that she had family members back here in Thailand and she would therefore want to return to them and not out stay her visa.)

A copy of the receipt from the company that carried out these certified translations.

A copy of six months bank statements, both hers and mine, also highlighting any transfers I made to her account.

Any bills etc which may have her name on it as proof that we had been living together.

A copy of our property lease which luckily had her name on it.

A letter from her stating she will not become a burden on the state.

A return flight booking, this is hard, as what do you do if you get refused, initially I used a booking agent , got the booking and then cancelled it.

I just do the same on-line now myself.

The appointment letter must be printed off and presented with the application in BKK

We still go over once a year and I use the same document package, never had any issues.

Also until Oct 2016 you can take her over on a short term UK visa, this is nearly easier as the window for the application process is longer and you dont need to faf around with the flight bookings

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Irish%20Short%20Stay%20Visa%20Waiver%20Programme

The first time is the hardest, I believe they want you to prove she has something to come back to Thailand for, and she is not planning on overstaying in Ireland, after the first application I reused all the same paper work for all further applications just changed the dates on the cover letters