World's oldest person dies in New York at age 116

webfact

World's oldest person dies in New York at age 116

NEW YORK (AP) — Susannah Mushatt Jones, the world's oldest person, has died in New York at age 116.

Robert Young, a senior consultant for the Gerontology Research Group, says Jones died at a senior home in Brooklyn Thursday night. He said she had been ill for the past 10 days.

Jones was born in a small farm town near Montgomery, Alabama, in 1899. She was one of 11 siblings and attended a special school for young black girls. Family members have credited her long life to love of family and generosity to others.

Jones became Guinness World Records' official oldest person when 117-year-old Misao Okawa died in Tokyo last year.

Young says 116-year-old Emma Morano, of Italy, just a few months younger than Jones, is now the unofficial world's oldest person.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-05-13

I couldn't think of anything worse, hanging around way past a healthy expiry date.

unless you are a week away from it, as Einstein said, it's all relative.

There's a few old TVF mods that might give this 117 year barrier a shake, not long from now.

Her successor is now crapping themselves (probably have been for years) at making the World News.

Everything MUST die, everyone, no exceptions.

You can't even take anything with you and you get to go alone.

After I'm gone.......I'm going to haunt TVF members........the ghost of neverdie will come out your optical fibre and terrorise people's devices......I can barely wait. :D

Her successor is now crapping themselves (probably have been for years) at making the World News.

After I'm gone.......I'm going to haunt TVF members........the ghost of neverdie will come out your optical fibre and terrorise people's devices......I can barely wait. biggrin.png

I don't believe you. You've had a history in law enforcement. You'll be more like a guardian angel.

After I'm gone.......I'm going to haunt TVF members........the ghost of neverdie will come out your optical fibre and terrorise people's devices......I can barely wait. biggrin.png

Hell yeah! Man with a plan.

I don't believe you. You've had a history in law enforcement. You'll be more like a guardian angel.

Apologies for my tardy reply, I ve been having problems with the controls ;)

You should believe me, I went to the dark side years ago, starting off with petty crime, nothing serious, few murders, a couple of armed hold ups, hijackings and so forth.

To stay on topic, I reakon when one gets to be 116-117 years old, one probably wouldn't give a hoot about age r Internet forums for that matter 5555555

I wonder what the daily going abouts of a 116 year old are?