ACM Prajin clarifies human rights concerns to Swedish Ambassador

webfact

ACM Prajin clarifies human rights concerns to Swedish Ambassador

PNSOC590513001002601.jpg

BANGKOK, 13 May 2016 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister ACM Prajin Juntong has met with the Swedish Ambassador to clarify the human rights situation in Thailand.

Swedish Ambassador His Excellency Staffan Herrstrom admitted to ACM Prajin that he did not fully understand how Thailand approaches human rights.

The Deputy Prime Minister said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has always made efforts to clarify issues concerning human rights and the government’s roadmap to the international community.

After their discussion, Mr. Herrstrom said he would follow the situation closely from now on and try to understand the way in which human rights are being handled in the Kingdom.

Both parties also talked about the development of digital technology, education, national security and the purchase of Gripen jet fighters from Sweden.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-13 footer_n.gif

We can assume, out of modesty, that NNT paraphrased the Swedish Ambassador's question.

It is more likely the question was pointed and direct.

If it were me, I would ask, "Why is the government repressing basic human rights now, in violation of its international obligations?"

I would probably be sacked the next day. Oh well.

Edited by phoenixdoglover

Well the ambassordor isn't very bright if he doesn't understand the military's abuse of human rights which occur daily!

"Swedish Ambassador His Excellency Staffan Herrstrom admitted to ACM Prajin that he did not fully understand how Thailand approaches human rights."

I'm pretty sure this is another example of the Thai government making statements on others behalf.

Swedish Ambassador His Excellency Staffan Herrstrom admitted to ACM Prajin that he did not fully understand how Thailand approaches human rights.

I can relate to that, because most developed countries have this strange thing called equal rights... something that it will take a generation or two to see in this country.

I can relate to that, because most developed countries have this strange thing called equal rights... something that it will take a generation or two to see in this country.

Clever way to elicit a plausible answer from an official lackey. He knows the issue of course, but sometimes diplomacy works best playing dumb as a test of the true intentions of the blunt government parrot,

As for the Jet fighters, they can, and will, go the way of the Saab.

"and the purchase of Gripen jet fighters from Sweden" - I believe that is the operative phrase of the discussion.

Well someone is telling porkies..go and read the news story about Sweden denying they selling any fighters to Thailand

Well the ambassordor isn't very bright if he doesn't understand the military's abuse of human rights which occur daily!

"Swedish Ambassador His Excellency Staffan Herrstrom admitted to ACM Prajin that he did not fully understand how Thailand approaches human rights."

I'm pretty sure this is another example of the Thai government making statements on others behalf.

Its a puff piece for the plebs...farangs no understand Thailand, but the powers that be will educated these troublesome farangs,

the swedish ambassador i suspect is based in Thailand and will be fully briefed on what goes on in Thailand...therefore he suggesting he doesnt understand infers he is not doing his job...foreign diplomatic staff of all nationalities are fuĺly aware and understand as they brief their representative goverments

Edited by Koosdedooes

Read between the lines of Junta propaganda:

"His Excellency Staffan Herrstrom admitted to ACM Prajin that he did not fully understand how Thailand approaches human rights."

Written as though he is asking for help to understand something when really he was diplomatically disagreeing.

"After their discussion, Mr. Herrstrom said he would follow the situation closely from now on and try to understand the way in which human rights are being handled in the Kingdom."

Again, patronizing garbage: "he would follow the situation closely from now on" as if he hadn't put enough effort in, and "try to understand" as if there were something difficult.

International parties really need to start correcting these lies. These junta show the same lack of respect to diplomats as they do to their own poor farmers.

Edited by Squeegee

We can assume, out of modesty, that NNT paraphrased the Swedish Ambassador's question.

It is more likely the question was pointed and direct.

If it were me, I would ask, "Why is the government repressing basic human rights now, in violation of its international obligations?"

I would probably be sacked the next day. Oh well.

Probably wasn't a very good job anyway

Herrstrom admitted to ACM Prajin that he did not fully understand how Thailand approaches human rights.

TRANSLATION:

Because the thai government doesn't practice anything recognizable as human rights according to UN international convention.

A rather undiplomatic and sarcastic statement - well deserved.

International parties really need to start correcting these lies. These junta show the same lack of respect to diplomats as they do to their own poor farmers.

That's incorrect, they probably show less respect to foreigners than poor farmers. Poor farmers are born in Thailand. On the sakdina scale, if poor farmers are worth zero we are worth minus 5.

And don't forget, people at the top clearly stated a while ago that "we don't respect farangs"

Edited by lkv

That's incorrect, they probably show less respect to foreigners than poor farmers. Poor farmers are born in Thailand. On the sakdina scale, if poor farmers are worth zero we are worth minus 5.

And don't forget, people at the top clearly stated a while ago that "we don't respect farangs"

You're right to remind me of sakdina. Not sure what you are referring to in your last line.

This unelected administration is always continually on the defensive , always trying to clarify something, but never fully convincing anyone that their intentions are honorable , possibly the best course of action would be to just shut up......................................................coffee1.gif