List of bike Modifications That will result in a Penalty or Impounded ?

Does an aftermarket exhaust actually improve bike performance, or is it just for the look at me consumer?

Some do improve performance, some don't, some need also aftermarket adjustment regarding carburetor - or new - injection system programming for the different exhaust.

I believe also,

special in TH, more than in EU, its not so bad to be more heard before coming.

To many Pedestrians and slower road users or crossing roads , U-turners, otherwise, do not recognize you and go on to come in your way, often with their wrongdoing. wink.pngwhistling.gif

Exhaust noise above 95 db. Police cannot fine you unless he correctly measures the db with an equipment, at an appropriate distance and at 1/4 of the throttle.

Lack of mirrors. You can have one tiny bar-end mirror, but any less than that (basically no mirrors), would result in a fine.

License plate not easily visible. You guys who done fender eliminator mod and placed your license plate under the bike near the rear suspension and it is not properly angled, you will be fined.

You can have 40db performance exhaust and u get finned. Illegal modification. Air pollution no catalizator. No thai standard industry stamp.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I believe you are correct. Although I have an Akrapovic full exhaust on my CBR150 and although louder than stock, it is not obnoxiously louder. Under the 95db for sure with the DB killer. Never been stopped here in Phuket. Always waved through check points. I think because I'm always geared up and always kick my bike into a higher gear. Not making a point, just my experience. I currently don't have any other mods.

Rule of thumbs. If a police officer stops you and is issuing you a ticket, if you dont want your bike impounded, take the ticket and pay the fee, but if you do then by all means argue with them.

Good but not quite right. My son had his MSX impounded and issued a ticket too for noisy exhaust, and no he didn't "argue" with the policeman. Cost him 500 baht the next morning upon which the bike was released. Also about 20 other kids bikes were impounded the same night at the same roadblock .... think they were trying to make a point to inconvienience the offenders also by saying "come back in the morning" to collect your bike.

Yup that happens. Im just generalizing everything since theres so much detail to cover. it all comes down to the officer to be frank. my rule of thumb is most of the time if you comply and pay the fee usually there isnt a problem but yes like ur son for instance it does happen and it is very inconvenience. but from my experience, all these socalled scooter bikes the honda wave, Fino, MSX, are usually the target because they dont have lots of money reason why most would be on a scooter, and since you arent able to pay the fee they impound it until u have the money to pay. but for big bikes, i ride a z800 in the eyes of the police officer "i have money" so theyre rather fine me right then and there then to wait, bc instead of paying 500 baht the next why not make 1000 baht right now?? thats the kind of mentality the officers have. hope that helped cleared things up from my original post.