Nong Khai - Vientiane border closing time

Joe is correct, the border closes at ten, but I was dropping off someone there at 9pm one night last year and there were a couple of foreigners trying to find a ride into town because Thai immigration wouldn't let them across, they said the Lao visa on arrival was closed. I'm not sure whether or not they always close at 9....maybe someone else knows?

Be aware that when driving a car and crossing into Laos before 8 AM in the morning can cause delay as sometimes (read many times) computer registration is not possible as personal not yet present (@8 am)

NongKhai-Vientiane border .

Arrived last time short after 9:30 PM at the Thai side Nong Khai to cross and think I was the last with 2-3 others to cross at about 9:45 PM into Lao - they where already on the Go there.

rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Crossed over and back yesterday, a sign in English on the Visa on Arrival window says they are open from 6:00am until 10:00pm, it also states that before 8:00am and after 4:00pm it will cost an extra dollar for overtime.

But it would be good to keep in mind that this is "an anything goes" area and

there is no guarantee. If you are going to show up really early or really late have a

backup plan in case things don't work out time-wise.

• Like 1