'99 Honda Hornet CB250FY Restoration

I've been meaning to post this for a while now.

I pulled my beloved Hornet apart over 5 years now intending to rebuild it in my spare time. Unfortunately as work got busier I had less spare time to work on it, so the frame, engine and parts sat under my house for 2 years.

I was lucky enough to bump in to an ex-racing mechanic here on Samui who had just started a company here called Khamsam Motorcycles. Link here: https://www.facebook.com/khamsam.motorcycles/?fref=ts

They rebuilt my entire bike with perfect attention to detail. I'm extremely happy with it.

Not about the bike but about the stand - Is that your Abba stand? I had one of those in UK for years and used it on many different bikes. They're so bloody useful & easy to use!!! However, they're expensive to have sent out to Thailand.

Did you buy it here - if so, where? - or in UK (or elsewhere) and bring it over.

EDIT - just seen there's a distributor in Samui so maybe there's a Thai dealer network too. Worth looking into.

My 1999, 600cc Hornet - custom sprayed by "Dream Machine"...

attachicon.gifwasp1.jpg

attachicon.gifwasp2.jpg

unfortunately yours is just a copy of the original eddie jordan hornets that came direct from honda when you bought the honda civic in matching coloursbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

my 1999 eddie jordan hornet number 17 out of 50 produced ,was oveffered with 500 matching honda civic cars my mate has the the civic numbered 17 to match my bike,these were done to celebrate damon hill matching the f1 car livery off that year....i too can't bring myself to sell mine although it could do with a restoration too.

post-105817-0-57163700-1463229531_thumb.

its also a bit more modded now

post-105817-0-76168700-1463229901_thumb.

Agree with other posters: beautiful bike and well executed project, modernising it without going over the top, love the colours.

A piece of history since I'll never see any manufacturer will produce 250 4inline bikes anymore.

I believe the only "small" 4inline still made new is the Honda 400 super four for the Japanese market.

The CB400 is another great bike, especially the V-TEC version, a lot of fun.

If I ever saw a CB400 Revo Edition (fuel injected) I'd snap one up and restore it, but incredibly rare - well to find one with a proper green book...

Archived