Call for British expats to register for ‘Brexit’ EU Referendum

rooster59

They would not likely be permitted to remain in the EU so that misdirection does not apply.

I don't believe British Expats living in Thailand have any specific reason to vote remain unless they envisaged leaving Thailand and relocating in say Southern Europe. The perceived hit on the currency is speculative.... the Euro has hardly been a roaring success story in the past and the UK benefited from having it's own currency and ability to control its economics.

I am in favour of an Brexit, more so now as I am in the UK and see the impact of being in Europe. There is a lot of scaremongering going on from the financial sector, but that is because they like cheap labour!

Independent countries can do well.

If you lived in Thailand you might see some reason.

I can give you one very good reason, for the last 3 years I have traveled with my wife to the UK and Europe. As the spouse of an EU citizen she inherits the right of free movement, but of course you are quite happy to take that away.

We are all aware that the Brexit campaign see collateral damage quite acceptable as a means to an end.

Haha, Mr Know-all, I have lived in Thailand for 11 years.

If your wife has a UK passport she has the right to travel pretty much anywhere in the world irrespective of EU membership, that would not change, If she does not, she needs to apply for a UK visa and perhaps one of these Shengen visas, the latter one and the open borders policy being the reason Europe is in a mess, now undergoing a near invasion from the Middle East and Africa. Why would Brexit affect your wife's ability to apply for say a French Visa??

What collateral damage, simple scare-mongering, similar to business people with vested interest. There are more obvious and personal reasons, eg access to say French and Spanish health care for retired UK citizens. Although you should visit a UK hospital or school and see real collateral damage of mass immigration, as I have done recently. It is not all about you or Expats in Thailand! Far more.

You really need to do some homework.

I asked you, if there is none, just say so.

They would not likely be permitted to remain in the EU so that misdirection does not apply.

I don't believe British Expats living in Thailand have any specific reason to vote remain unless they envisaged leaving Thailand and relocating in say Southern Europe. The perceived hit on the currency is speculative.... the Euro has hardly been a roaring success story in the past and the UK benefited from having it's own currency and ability to control its economics.

I am in favour of an Brexit, more so now as I am in the UK and see the impact of being in Europe. There is a lot of scaremongering going on from the financial sector, but that is because they like cheap labour!

Independent countries can do well.

"They would not likely be permitted to remain" - sure, but they could vote for independence and then apply.

"that is because they like cheap labour!" - and what happens to the price of EVERYTHING when labor is not "cheap?"

Perhaps a few of those on benefits could take up jobs and save the country money?

I am visiting the UK now, all my mothers carers bar only a few are non-UK and are here working purely because they are EU citizens. The few have the benefit of their salaries being kept low. Non membership of the EU would not prevent this, simply enable control of it. As of now, there is zero restriction. In this respect, Thailand cares for its own much better.

"In this respect, Thailand cares for its own much better." - really? Perhaps you have failed to notice the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of women working in the sex trade here.

I think you are confusing "migration" with "economics."

Thailand protects it's people by preventing foreigners doing many jobs, I feel that is a positive thing.

If they choose prostitution rather than those jobs that is a choice I believe. I have noticed them and do not believe they are forced into it, nor would I believe there to be millions of them.