Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Did anyone watch him for Inter in the Game against Torino on Sat/Sun ??

He made Malouda look liek a good Player.. :o

However Quaresma is one of my favourite Players when he's playing well, direct, pacey skillful & he's got Goals in him..

IF it comes off you will have a great Player at the Club who i suppose will replace cole for the rest of the Season but if Quaresma doesn't fancy it, think Malouda but worse, x 10.. :D

A temperamental but undoubtedly skilful player.I watched him for Porto against Chelsea in the Champions League.He was pulling the strings and was always a danger but blimey,does he like a dive!I thought it was a mistake that he went to Inter as I couldn't see Mourinho suffering his antics for too long.I reckon

he will want to be the playmaker in the centre of midfield which is fine but that will mean no place for Ballack.At least he will add some much needed pace.I don't agree,Singhy,that Malouda will make way for him as Scolari seems to like him!We'll see,anyway,but a good move for us.

However Quaresma is one of my favourite Players when he's playing well, direct, pacey skillful & he's got Goals in him..

IF it comes off you will have a great Player at the Club who i suppose will replace cole for the rest of the Season but if Quaresma doesn't fancy it, think Malouda but worse, x 10.. :D

A temperamental but undoubtedly skilful player.I watched him for Porto against Chelsea in the Champions League.He was pulling the strings and was always a danger but blimey,does he like a dive!I thought it was a mistake that he went to Inter as I couldn't see Mourinho suffering his antics for too long.I reckon

he will want to be the playmaker in the centre of midfield which is fine but that will mean no place for Ballack.At least he will add some much needed pace.I don't agree,Singhy,that Malouda will make way for him as Scolari seems to like him!We'll see,anyway,but a good move for us.

I always thought he was a wide Player P'oldgit, a Winger, & i thought he was brought in cos of J Cole's injury ??

Tell you what though, i can't for the life of me understand why on Earth would someone ( Inter ) spend 18m on a Player, than after 6 months, Loan him out ???

I always thought he was a wide Player P'oldgit, a Winger, & i thought he was brought in cos of J Cole's injury ??

Tell you what though, i can't for the life of me understand why on Earth would someone ( Inter ) spend 18m on a Player, than after 6 months, Loan him out ???

I was just watching clips of him on youtube, he seems to play on either flank, bit of a fancy dan, he likes to cross the ball from the left with the outside of his right boot but if it comes off I can't see that being a problem. He has quite a bit of pace also which is what we definitely need in our ageing team. Mourinho didn't like his style of play such as giving the ball away and not chasing for it back. I'm sure big Phil will know how to handle that sort of player, working with him before can only be a good thing. I'm sure he is gona be a winger and not in midfield. We should of flogged Malouda but I'm sure nobody actually wanted him! :D

Really? you don't say....what about giving us a point back cos it was heading for a draw! :o

Lampard wins appeal over red card

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has won his appeal against the red card he received in Sunday's 2-0 loss to Liverpool and will not serve any ban.

Lampard was dismissed in the second half for a challenge on Xabi Alonso.

Team-mate Jose Bosingwa will not face any action for stamping on the back of Yossi Benayoun in the same match.

The Portuguese was not punished at the time and because the assistant referee admitted seeing it, the Football Association cannot review the incident.

Late in the game Bosingwa appeared to lunge one-footed into Benayoun's back but the incident went unpunished by referee Mike Riley.

But because his post-match report revealed that assistant Mo Matadar did see the event, under Fifa law, the FA cannot now take disciplinary action.

"What Bosingwa did was not correct, he made a mistake," said Scolari.

Bosingwa was quick to apologise for the incident: "I apologise for what I did and it was never my intention to hurt him.

"I know it was wrong and I apologise. It's always frustrating to lose big games and especially in this way.

"It was important to get points and not let Manchester United go. That didn't happen, so we are upset, but now we have to think about the next game."

The result leaves Chelsea five points behind leaders Manchester United having also played a game more.

Lampard is now free to play in league games against Hull and Aston Villa, with an FA Cup match with Watford in between.

It is the second time in 10 months that he has won an appeal against a red card.

He was sent off against West Ham in March last year and had that overturned, too.

I saw a recording of the Torino - Inter game last night and I thought he did alright!Came on in the second half and delivered the corner that Madisso nodded in.Terrible miss near the end but showed plenty of skill in between.It is slightly worrying,as far as I'm concerned, that the Chelsea message described him as a "winger". Granted he played on the left of midfield in that game but I would love to see him play along side Lampard in the middle where he could be more influential.Always thought that was Joe Cole's best position,especially now he hasn't got the turn of foot he used to have to get past speedy full backs.Even the 'great Stevie G' wasn't happy out on the flanks!

Carvalho hails Quaresma

Chelsea's new signing Ricardo Quaresma will take the Premier League by storm, according to his compatriot and new team-mate Ricardo Carvalho.

The Blues centre-back has welcomed the arrival of Quaresma, who joined Chelsea on transfer deadline day in a loan switch from Inter Milan.

And Carvalho has hailed the move and thinks the Premier League will have to be on their guard.

"Quaresma is a very fast and explosive player who is a real warrior on the pitch, so he will be able to handle the physical nature of the Premier League," he said.

"But at the same time he is a very technical player and can score goals, which will be good for us.

"He will be a huge help to us at this time of the season.

"He is a very attacking player and that is what we need at Chelsea at the moment."

Carvalho also insists that Quaresma has always been interested in the Premier League.

"At different times with the Portugal national team he would always ask about English football and was interested in what it was like," he continued.

"He could have come here last summer but he ended up going to Inter Milan with Jose Mourinho - but it has not worked out for him there.

"(Luiz Felipe) Scolari knows Quaresma well and this is an advantage for us.

"He also knows a lot of players here already, but he will need time to adapt.

"He will add more pace, which is important. Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba will love playing with him because he gets a lot of assists.

"We have to be strong between now and the end of the season after the defeat to Liverpool.

"I just want to get back to help out."

I'm there, COYI... :o

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...r=latin_america

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... in_america

Chelsea, West Ham, Hull City to Contest Asia Trophy in Beijing

Email | Print | A A A

By Tariq Panja and Wing-Gar Cheng

Feb. 3 (Bloomberg) -- Chelsea, West Ham United and Hull City will probably contest the Premier League’s Asia Trophy in Beijing in July, Hull Chairman Paul Duffen said.

The fourth edition of the biennial soccer tournament may be held at the Chinese capital’s Bird’s Nest Stadium, which hosted the 2008 Olympic Games, or the Workers Stadium, where the Chinese national team plays many of its matches.

“The details are yet to be confirmed but it looks very likely Hull City will be playing in Beijing,” Duffen said. A local team will complete the pre-season competition.

Premier League spokesman Dan Johnson said a decision has yet to be made on the location of the 2009 tournament.

Liverpool, Portsmouth and Fulham played in Hong Kong in 2007. The first two editions were held in Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok.

Chinese interest in soccer has dwindled as its national team has struggled to compete on the world stage and the English Premier League, which attracted a regular television audience estimated at more than 30 million, was pulled from free-to-air television in 2007.

WinTV, run by state-owned Guangdong Provincial Television, won the broadcast rights for three years on a pay-per-view format. The channel has only managed to attract about 20,000 subscribers, according to a British Broadcasting Corp. report.

Asia is seen as a growth market by the Premier League and many of its clubs. Chelsea is sponsored by South Korea’s Samsung Electronics Co. and champion Manchester United will make its fifth visit to the continent in a decade following the end of the English league season.

To contact the reporters on this story: Tariq Panja in London at
; Wing-Gar Cheng in Beijing at

Chelsea v Hull City

Chelsea will be looking to get their title bid back on track as they entertain a Hull City side without a Premier League win in two months.

The Blues slipped five points behind leaders Manchester United last weekend as they suffered their fourth defeat of the season with a 2-0 loss to Liverpool.

Luiz Felipe Scolari's men have been written off in some quarters following the result at Anfield but there are still 14 games of the season remaining.

Chelsea have also been boosted by the news that Frank Lampard will be available to face the Tigers after the red card he received against Liverpool was rescinded by the Football Association.

The midfielder was sent off early in the second half with the score at 0-0 but the FA agreed that his challenge on Xabi Alonso did not warrant a dismissal.

Chelsea's lacklustre performance may have prompted Scolari to venture into the transfer market on deadline day to snap up Ricardo Quaresma on loan from Inter Milan.

The Portugal international has not been a regular starter under Jose Mourinho this season but he may be given an early opportunity at Stamford Bridge to show that he can provide much-needed width and flair to Chelsea's attacking play.

Petr Cech is missing for Chelsea after sustaining a back injury so Hilario will line up in goal, while Joe Cole and Michael Essien (both knee) are long-term absentees.

Scolari must also decide whether to persist with Nicolas Anelka up front or recall Didier Drogba to the starting line-up, while Ricardo Carvalho is still doubtful with a hamstring strain.

Hull dropped into the bottom half of the table for the first time this season following their 2-2 draw at home to West Brom last Saturday.

Claiming a point against the Baggies did at least halt a run of six successive defeats but Phil Brown's men are now very much involved in the relegation battle.

Chairman Paul Duffen has also had to defend Brown over the past few days following criticism of the manager from some supporters.

The Tigers will be hoping to rediscover their inspirational form from earlier in the season when they travel to London, although striker Daniel Cousin will miss the clash with a knee problem.

Record signing Jimmy Bullard sat out last week and is still doubtful as he awaits the verdict of scan results on his knee.

Bernard Mendy, who shone in last week's 2-2 draw with West Brom, serves a one-match ban while Nick Barmby (calf) is not yet fit to return.

Anthony Gardner (thigh) has been pencilled in to face Sheffield United in the FA Cup next week while George Boateng (knee) is out long term.

Possible starting XIs

Chelsea: Hilario, Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, A Cole, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, Quaresma, Kalou, Anelka.

Hull City: Duke, Ricketts, Turner, Zayatte, Dawson, Marney, Ashbee, Bullard, Kilbane, Geovanni, Fagan.

and what a dismal performance,although queresmo looked good,but why take him off?

For the first 25 minutes we played some good stuff,but when a goal didn't come we stared to panic with too many people getting forward.Then an attack would break down which left a yawning gap between our midfield and defence.This left our resident tortoises Alex,Terry and Mikel exposed to the counter attack.An absolute shambles in organisation which Scolari must take the blame.

SCOLARI DISMISSED

Luiz Felipe Scolari has been dismissed as manager of Chelsea Football Club today (Monday) with immediate effect.

The Chelsea board would like to place on record our gratitude for his time as manager.

Felipe has brought many positives to the club since he joined and we all feel a sense of sadness that our relationship has ended so soon.

Unfortunately the results and performances of the team appeared to be deteriorating at a key time in the season.

In order to maintain a challenge for the trophies we are still competing for we felt the only option was to make the change now.

The search for a new manager has already started and we hope to have someone in place as soon as possible.

While that continues Assistant Coach Ray Wilkins will take charge of the team on a temporary basis.

SCOLARI DISMISSED

Luiz Felipe Scolari has been dismissed as manager of Chelsea Football Club today (Monday) with immediate effect.

The Chelsea board would like to place on record our gratitude for his time as manager.

Felipe has brought many positives to the club since he joined and we all feel a sense of sadness that our relationship has ended so soon.

Unfortunately the results and performances of the team appeared to be deteriorating at a key time in the season.

In order to maintain a challenge for the trophies we are still competing for we felt the only option was to make the change now.

The search for a new manager has already started and we hope to have someone in place as soon as possible.

While that continues Assistant Coach Ray Wilkins will take charge of the team on a temporary basis.

I just read the Clubs media release on Sky Sports.One of the most pathetic reasons for sacking a coach I have ever seen."In order to maintain a challenge etc etc ......Roman must be back in town. Bookies have Avram Grant ,as one of those who might takeover....complete,utter madness.The tabloids will have a field day on this one.

Scolari sacked by Chelsea

Grant linked with sensational Stamford Bridge return-Sky Sports

Chelsea have sacked Luiz Felipe Scolari, with Guus Hiddink and Avram Grant immediately linked to the Stamford Bridge post.

post-16343-1234214780_thumb.jpg

The Brazilian only took charge of the Blues in the summer and after a promising start the club have slipped to fourth in the table, seven points adrift of Manchester United.

Saturday's 0-0 draw at home to Hull City proved to be the final straw for the World Cup winner and the Premier League outfit have now confirmed his departure.

A statement on the club's official website read: "Luiz Felipe Scolari has been dismissed as manager of Chelsea Football Club today (Monday) with immediate effect.

"The Chelsea board would like to place on record our gratitude for his time as manager.

Sadness

"Felipe has brought many positives to the club since he joined and we all feel a sense of sadness that our relationship has ended so soon.

"Unfortunately the results and performances of the team appeared to be deteriorating at a key time in the season.

"In order to maintain a challenge for the trophies we are still competing for we felt the only option was to make the change now.

"The search for a new manager has already started and we hope to have someone in place as soon as possible.

"While that continues assistant coach Ray Wilkins will take charge of the team on a temporary basis."

Grant

Sky Sports News understands that the club have already compiled a two-man shortlist to replace Scolari, with Hiddink and Grant the names in the frame.

Grant stepped into the breach following Jose Mourinho's departure before being axed at the end of the season despite finishing second in the Premier League and reaching the UEFA Champions League final.

Hiddink has been linked with a host of Premier League posts after his exploits as Russia coach, including reaching the Euro 2008 semi-finals.

One possibility is that the duo could work together, with Hiddink taking charge of team affairs and Grant operating as director of football.

In the meantime, Wilkins will take temporary charge of the Blues as they prepare for Saturday's FA Cup clash with Watford.

redrus

Big Phil gets the push after 7 months ! - What's the football world coming to. :D

I seem to remember S.A.F had a shakey start at Man Utd, but has gone on to add the odd bit of silverware to the club trophy cabinet (read room) mind you I will grant you that his English hasn't improved and hs nose has got a tad redder......... :D

Why does everything hinge on instant success these days ? and what the <deleted> was Abramovich thinking when he got rid of Jose ?

A few of life's imponderables......I think I'll go and have another cup of tea. :o

should never have sacked mourniho (sp)

any one seen the odds for the new manager ?

3/1 Gus Hiddink

4/1 Avram Grant

9/2 Frank Rijkaard

8/1 Mancini

8/1 Zola

8/1 Erikksson

16/1 Mourhino

I'll take 9/2 with Frankie boy. Should have left Scolari and fired Wilkens

should never have sacked mourniho (sp)

any one seen the odds for the new manager ?

3/1 Gus Hiddink

4/1 Avram Grant

9/2 Frank Rijkaard

8/1 Mancini

8/1 Zola

8/1 Erikksson

16/1 Mourhino

I'll take 9/2 with Frankie boy. Should have left Scolari and fired Wilkens

For me Hiddink or Zola

Scolari's problem was he inherited an ageing squad.They did well,initially,but faded as the season wore on.

Whoever takes over will have the same problems.A new manager can bring fresh impetus for a few games but I cant see this Chelsea team winning the Premiership or the Champions League.

I thought Scolari would have been given time to revamp the squad in the summer but with this sort of job time is one thing you dont have.You have to get instant results.

Of the names mentioned I would think Hiddink is the best choice.Cant see Rijkaard succeeding where Scolari failed....Zola,a bit soon in his managerial career.

Grant,back to the boring dross of last season,I dont think so......besides he's supposed to be taking over at Portsmouth isnt he ?

grant took chelsea to within a whisker of the league and a couple of instances of stupidity of the european cup and got sacked for it. he was hard done by. scolari's been even harder done by. the way chelsea are treating their managers in recent times can't make it the most appealing job to top managers right now.

grant took chelsea to within a whisker of the league and a couple of instances of stupidity of the european cup and got sacked for it. he was hard done by. scolari's been even harder done by. the way chelsea are treating their managers in recent times can't make it the most appealing job to top managers right now.

agreed, why would Zola want to go to that circus when he can stay at WH and build his reputation as a manager (gain experience) and maybe someday when Ambro is out of the picture - return to Chelsea.

Presumably Scolari will get a full payout of his contract. I,m not sure how many million that will be so the positive for him is that in 7 short months he has made an awful lot of money. The negative of course is his reputation ,however, seeing the way Chelsea treat their managers the fallout for him might not be that bad.Will be interesting to hear his reaction unless his contact payout stipulates he cant comment.Meanwhile the likes of Ballack, Drogba, Deco will continue to stroll around the park pretending they are committed to the cause.Shouldnt they have been moved on first ?

Presumably Scolari will get a full payout of his contract. I,m not sure how many million that will be so the positive for him is that in 7 short months he has made an awful lot of money. The negative of course is his reputation ,however, seeing the way Chelsea treat their managers the fallout for him might not be that bad.Will be interesting to hear his reaction unless his contact payout stipulates he cant comment.Meanwhile the likes of Ballack, Drogba, Deco will continue to stroll around the park pretending they are committed to the cause.Shouldnt they have been moved on first ?

good point,deco is not fit to play in the EPL(not his scene,too scared to get injured,ballack looks like he's on holiday,and boswinga had a really bad day against hull,then anelka does n't look like he likes to get his hands dirty,time to transfer out)i think they really miss joe cole and essien.And probably when alls said and done abramovitch needs to sell and go back to russia.

AAP are reporting the payout to Scolari ,just 7 mths into a 3 year contract ,is 15 million quid. Coupled with the payouts for Grant and Mourinho thats a total of 40 million quid ,remembering that Grant was only just into a new 4 years contract when he got shunted.

"

Thats makes a joke of CEO Peter Kenyons statement, at the start of this season, that Chelsea would become "independently operational" in the immediate future.

Kenyon ,it should be remembered, was the one that heralded Scolari's arrival as a major coup for Chelsea. In 7 mths he's gone from one of the best managers in the world to a complete dud !