Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Another example of Chelsea snatching a draw from the jaws of victory.Dempsey's first goal should never have stood as he shoved Mikel in the back before prodding it home.Abyssmal defending in the last minute when we were in front.Fulham had one corner and scored from it while we had seven and never looked like scoring.Lampard,for all his excellence should be banned from taking corners.Those weedy,floaters into the penalty area were food and drink for Swartzer.

I noticed Mikel is usually on the post but this time he wasn't, Big Phil said post's don't score goals players do, well in this case if Mikel was on the line the goal would never of happened. Lamps corner taking and free kicks in general have been below par for a long time now, he did score against Fulham I know but its been a long time coming. I think the corner taking should be left to either Cole's, one left one right as neither do much in the box anyway. Deco is having a big crisis in confidence, his passing was woeful, maybe a few goals will get him back to his best.

p.s. Has StevieH come to the blue side? he is showing a lot of interest in the Chels? :o

Deco expects title glory

Chelsea playmaker Deco remains confident in the Blues' ability to take the Premier League title this season.

Luiz Felipe Scolari's side have struggled for consistency this term, with vital points dropped in crunch clashes.

They have also become fallible at Stamford Bridge, with Liverpool and Arsenal both securing maximum points from their visits to west London.

As a result, Chelsea currently sit three points off the pace in the race for top-flight glory and know that improvements are needed in 2009 if they are to force their way to the summit.

Confidence remains high around the camp, though, with Portuguese superstar Deco adamant that Scolari's men will be there of thereabouts when the silverware is handed out in May.

"I know that we have not been 100 per cent in the last few matches and we have missed some chances to be top of the table," the former Barcelona man said in the Daily Mirror.

"But the most important time to be top is at the end of the season and I believe that this team will finish as champions.

"Scolari has not changed, he is still a strong man and is the same coach as he was at the start of the season when everyone was praising him.

"It's a long season and it is a big test in England. But I believe we will be champions and show what a good team we are over the season."

I just found this Story on a West Ham Website i use ..

An incredibly great gesture by Lampard, if true...

" All,I know big fat Frank has been a gob-s***e for the way he left West Ham, the way he kisses the Chelski badge and the fact when he was with us, Carrick and Cole was coming through and lets be honest, because he was unfit (about 15 stone!) as he didnt train because daddy and uncle Harry would let him off, he wasnt good enough to get in the team anyway, so he was surplus to the team and because of that fact that he doesnt see that West Ham gave him a chance and he gets pelters from us all the time, but i'm thinking of letting it all go.....why you ask...well, my brother has a mate, whose younger brother, Scott Moore, played in the same youth team as Lampard and Rio as a kid....he used to play in midfield and used to get a lot more rave reviews than Frank during the schooling years and youth games, however, Scott was a bit too small and before his 19th birthday, found out he had cancer!!....for the last 11 years he has been fighting it, while being a postman and regular West Ham and Grays Ath supporter.....he sadly passed away a few weeks ago, leaving a wife and two kids...the funeral was just before Christmas and Frank turned up with Rio giving a message which was read out......but the main thing was, Frank has told his wife that he has paid off her mortgage and put a large some of money into her account (think it was £100k) and set up accounts for the kids (about the same sum of money for each kid) which cant be touched until they reach 18....!!....apparently Scott knew about this and didnt want it but Frank insisted. He did offer to take the over 90 people attending the funeral to Chelsea (Corporate Suit) to hold the wake there, paying for all travel for everyone, but Scott wanted it local....now Frank earns over £250k a week after wages, sponsers etc so the rough sum of £550k is't much to him, but even so, this is an amazing gesture which no one expected!!....this was only let out because Scott's wife's sister was very upset at the time and blerted it out and it was then confirmed.....i know some players only get bad press, but for once, someone deserves a bit of credit and a big thank you and people need to spread the word.....i'm the first to have a go at Fat Frank, but i'm now gonna let it go.....On that note, have a great new year everyone and hopefully the mighty Hammers will stay above the Spuds for the end of the season (preferably in 17th place!!!) "

Shame to see him go, he has done well for the club, I wish him well.

Man City agree a fee for Bridge

Manchester City have agreed an undisclosed fee with Premier League rivals Chelsea for England defender Wayne Bridge.

City boss Mark Hughes confirmed the deal on Friday and it is thought the club could pay up to £12m for Bridge.

The 28-year-old left-back joined Chelsea from Southampton for £7m in July 2003.

But Bridge has seen his opportunities at Stamford Bridge reduced since Ashley Cole's arrival.

He signed a new four-year extension to his Chelsea contract in July 2008, but has become surplus to requirements since the arrival of Scolari, who has opted to use Juliano Belletti as deputy for Cole at left-back.

"If they have a good deal, no problem for me," said Scolari on Friday.

And speaking ahead of City's FA Cup tie against Nottingham Forest on Saturday, Hughes said: "My understanding is the clubs have agreed a fee.

"We need to speak to the boy and try to agree personal terms. If we can do that hopefully Wayne will be a Manchester City player, that's the aim.

"Wayne will probably travel to Manchester this evening and hopefully negotiations will go well and he can have a medical tomorrow."

Bridge is currently suffering an injury which will keep him out of Chelsea's FA Cup third-round match against Southend United on Saturday.

City's oil-rich Arab billionaires Sheikh Mansour and club chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak are set to bankroll a January spending spree with the intention of lifting City clear of the relegation zone.

Bridge has made 142 appearances for Chelsea in over five years, as well as earning 32 international caps for England.

Shame to see him go, he has done well for the club, I wish him well.

Man City agree a fee for Bridge

Manchester City have agreed an undisclosed fee with Premier League rivals Chelsea for England defender Wayne Bridge.

City boss Mark Hughes confirmed the deal on Friday and it is thought the club could pay up to £12m for Bridge.

The 28-year-old left-back joined Chelsea from Southampton for £7m in July 2003.

But Bridge has seen his opportunities at Stamford Bridge reduced since Ashley Cole's arrival.

He signed a new four-year extension to his Chelsea contract in July 2008, but has become surplus to requirements since the arrival of Scolari, who has opted to use Juliano Belletti as deputy for Cole at left-back.

"If they have a good deal, no problem for me," said Scolari on Friday.

And speaking ahead of City's FA Cup tie against Nottingham Forest on Saturday, Hughes said: "My understanding is the clubs have agreed a fee.

"We need to speak to the boy and try to agree personal terms. If we can do that hopefully Wayne will be a Manchester City player, that's the aim.

"Wayne will probably travel to Manchester this evening and hopefully negotiations will go well and he can have a medical tomorrow."

Bridge is currently suffering an injury which will keep him out of Chelsea's FA Cup third-round match against Southend United on Saturday.

City's oil-rich Arab billionaires Sheikh Mansour and club chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak are set to bankroll a January spending spree with the intention of lifting City clear of the relegation zone.

Bridge has made 142 appearances for Chelsea in over five years, as well as earning 32 international caps for England.

The only sense I can make out of this is that we are gathering funds for a weighty dabble in the transfer

market.

So why keep the EPL's top scorer on the bench???

Scolari rues goal-shy Chelsea

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has admitted his players are suffering a crisis of confidence in front of goal after League One minnows Southend snatched a last-gasp draw at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea fielded a £40million front three in the shape of Joe Cole, Didier Drogba and goalscorer Salomon Kalou and yet they squandered another hatful of chances to kill off their lowly opponents.

The Blues were guilty of the same profligacy when Championship side Burnley bundled them out of the Carling Cup on penalties and the Brazilian's post-match lament is becoming all-too familiar.

"I need to teach to my players more concentration when they arrive in front of goal," said Scolari. "This is my job every day.

"Maybe it is confidence when they arrive in front of goal, maybe pressure. They need to score more goals and get more confidence. Only this.

"If they are not together, they would not create 15 chances. We played very well and created 15 chances but only one goal.

"Southend played hard and very spirited for a draw. They got a draw but only had one shot on goal.

"Carlo Cudicini didn't make one save. Not scoring is our mistake. All the players feel the same as me."

It looked like it would be a comfortable afternoon for Chelsea when Kalou headed home Frank Lampard's corner in the 31st minute.

But when a long throw from Johnny Herd in stoppage time was only partially cleared by Ricardo Carvalho - Peter Clarke, celebrating his 27th birthday, stooped for the goal that gave United a deserved third-round replay.

Despite the poor form in front of goal, Scolari reiterated that he will not buy a new striker and pledged to work harder on the training ground instead.

"We need to follow the same ideas - train, train, train," said Scolari. "I don't need another striker. I have a good squad, good players.

"We are still in the cup. Other teams that lost today are out, we are not out. We were better than Southend but didn't score a second goal."

Southend rejoiced in Clarke's equaliser and will now look forward to another pay-day in the replay at Roots Hall and United boss Steve Tilson was understandably delighted with the outcome.

"It's a fantastic day for the club and fans," said Tilson.

"We had to ride our luck and we got the chance at the death.

"Our goalkeeper made a great save at the end to keep us in it but the idea was to stay in the game for as long as we could.

"We had to get a lot of bodies behind the ball and it is not how we normally play. But it worked wonders.

"But whatever happens, we have had a good cup run. Beating Crewe at home in the league in our next game is more important than Chelsea.

"We have not worked on the long throws from the right-hand side so that was a bonus.

"Peter does get in good positions and that is his second goal this season. But on another day we could have lost by four or five goals.

"If they had scored early on then we would have had to open up and possibly got beaten by a hatful.

"But it is a great result for us against a team that will finish in the top two of the Premier League I'm sure."

You leave him alone, he's a World Cup winning Manager, he knows what he's doing... :o

I'm seriously starting to worry about how things are gona progress this season, Big Phil doesn't seem capable of instilling the self belief in the players as Mourhino did in his reign.

Look at the performance against Southend, we should of wiped the floor with those boys, we had loads of possession, tones of corners and millions of shots on goal (slight exagguration) but I'm sure you get my drift. If things don't turn in our favour and soon then Scolari could be going back to Brazil sooner than he thought.

Man Utd away this Sunday....typical Chels to beat them then get knocked out of the cup against Southend....brings back memories of the old Shed days.

You leave him alone, he's a World Cup winning Manager, he knows what he's doing... :o

I'm seriously starting to worry about how things are gona progress this season, Big Phil doesn't seem capable of instilling the self belief in the players as Mourhino did in his reign.

Look at the performance against Southend, we should of wiped the floor with those boys, we had loads of possession, tones of corners and millions of shots on goal (slight exagguration) but I'm sure you get my drift. If things don't turn in our favour and soon then Scolari could be going back to Brazil sooner than he thought.

Man Utd away this Sunday....typical Chels to beat them then get knocked out of the cup against Southend....brings back memories of the old Shed days.

Which leads me lovely to a question i fancied asking you lot, staright up & i'm not on a wind up at all ( who me ?? )..

Do you think the way you've dropped points this year, the feeling of discontent amongst Chelsea with the way this Year's gone & how it may turn out, it has anything to do with Steve Clarke leaving ??

Now don't get me wrong, he isn't pulling up tree's for us but imo he's/they're doing a great Job at our place & i think & did think even when Clarke was at Chelsea, that he was/is a very, very underated Coach & i wonder if you feel if his departure has anything to do with it ??

Which leads me lovely to a question i fancied asking you lot, staright up & i'm not on a wind up at all ( who me ?? )..

Do you think the way you've dropped points this year, the feeling of discontent amongst Chelsea with the way this Year's gone & how it may turn out, it has anything to do with Steve Clarke leaving ??

Now don't get me wrong, he isn't pulling up tree's for us but imo he's/they're doing a great Job at our place & i think & did think even when Clarke was at Chelsea, that he was/is a very, very underated Coach & i wonder if you feel if his departure has anything to do with it ??

it's a really good question as certain other teams have suffered quite obviously when that buffer between the manager and the players has been removed. united undoubtedly missed queiroz for a spell and we took a real morale hit when we lost pako ayesteran.

it's a really good question as certain other teams have suffered quite obviously when that buffer between the manager and the players has been removed. united undoubtedly missed queiroz for a spell and we took a real morale hit when we lost pako ayesteran.

Yeah that's right, i thought about little Bald Pako & i remember you went through a bit of a bad time after that..Good move though by Rafe getting Sammy Lee back in, Red through & through, great Morale Booster & good Coach ( not Manager ) & excellent day to day on the training Pitch etc..

No sign of Scolari getting anyone in like that, certainly not a Chelsea Person anyway..

Yeah that's right, i thought about little Bald Pako & i remember you went through a bit of a bad time after that..Good move though by Rafe getting Sammy Lee back in, Red through & through, great Morale Booster & good Coach ( not Manager ) & excellent day to day on the training Pitch etc..

No sign of Scolari getting anyone in like that, certainly not a Chelsea Person anyway..

thought that's what ray wilkins was appointed as wasn't it? he doesn't exactly strike you as a natural number two though, none of the positivity and energy of someone like sammy lee.

thought that's what ray wilkins was appointed as wasn't it? he doesn't exactly strike you as a natural number two though, none of the positivity and energy of someone like sammy lee.

Gotcha, i forgot about him, how could i have done ?? :o

Anyway, looking forward to seapok's & the Old Git's thoughts about Clarke ..

Gotcha, i forgot about him, how could i have done ?? :o

Anyway, looking forward to seapok's & the Old Git's thoughts about Clarke ..

you ever notice how ray wilkins reappeared on the football scene about the same time that doctor evil stopped doing the austin powers movies?

Clarkey was great in the shadows at the Bridge, he must have something about him for Mourhino to keep him on the books during his time there. I've heard he is great man manger, if any of the players had issues with not playing or playing out of position then they would go to Clarkes office before chatting with the gaffer. Our form hasn't been great this season and Clarkes departure has probably had a good deal to do with it.

So they thought who can we bring in to fill the gap...Ray Wilkins has had a connection with the Blues most of his life as he was there from school, even becoming the clubs youngest ever captain. The guy comes across as a lovely bloke, a real media friendly fella, his interviews are always well presented and articulate. Whenever I see him on the bench though he seems to shrivel up in Big Phils presence, I doubt he is just a lap dog, maybe showing a little too much respect for the boss. Who really knows whats going on behind the scenes? one thing is for sure.....its none of us, so lets just carry on as if we really know what we are talking about! :o

Who really knows whats going on behind the scenes? one thing is for sure.....its none of us, so lets just carry on as if we really know what we are talking about! :o

Oi steady, i'll have you know that i'm now officialy the TVFF Resident ITK ( In the Know ) cos i told the Stoke Boys that Etherington was Signing for them Last week, at least 5 days before he actually does... :D

Who really knows whats going on behind the scenes? one thing is for sure.....its none of us, so lets just carry on as if we really know what we are talking about! :D

Oi steady, i'll have you know that i'm now officialy the TVFF Resident ITK ( In the Know ) cos i told the Stoke Boys that Etherington was Signing for them Last week, at least 5 days before he actually does... :D

My point exactly, you heard some transfer gossip about your current longest serving player and passed on the news, I hear gossip about the blues boys all the time, apparently Kaka will be at the Bridge in the summer.. :o

Who really knows whats going on behind the scenes? one thing is for sure.....its none of us, so lets just carry on as if we really know what we are talking about! :D

My point exactly, you heard some transfer gossip about your current longest serving player and passed on the news, I hear gossip about the blues boys all the time, apparently Kaka will be at the Bridge in the summer.. :o

Close, but one of my Pals knows him & drinks with him & he told him..

Nearly but not quite, same as the Kaka tripe... :D

Hey Chelsea fans. Do you think we have got a good player in signing Wayne Bridge?

Honest opinions please :o

Yeah you do, he does good runs up the left flank with a decent final ball. Saying that he didn't look fit in his last few chances so looked sloppy at the back. Get him match fit and you will have a bargain.

Hey Chelsea fans. Do you think we have got a good player in signing Wayne Bridge?

Yeah you do, he does good runs up the left flank with a decent final ball. Saying that he didn't look fit in his last few chances so looked sloppy at the back. Get him match fit and you will have a bargain.

87 Appearances in 6 Years at Chelsea which is an average of 14.5 Games, in all Competitions ( & Chelsea play much more Games than virtually anyone else per Season rememeber, upwards of 60 ), per Season...

Not good enough if you ask me..

Man City getting him fit enough to justify that fee is very unlikely in my opinion based on the ^^

Good deal for Chelsea this one...

87 Appearances in 6 Years at Chelsea which is an average of 14.5 Games, in all Competitions ( & Chelsea play much more Games than virtually anyone else per Season rememeber, upwards of 60 ), per Season...

Man City getting him fit enough to justify that fee is very unlikely in my opinion based on the ^^

Mr Bojangles was asking Chelsea fans.....are you trying to tell us something MSingh? come on I know you really love the Blues really! :D

Mr Bojangles was asking Chelsea fans.....are you trying to tell us something MSingh? come on I know you really love the Blues really! :D

You know where you can stick that Blue Flag of yours.... :D

Now now Singa, don't give it the big'un cos your 5 points clear of the relegation battle! :o

5 points clear of the Pond Life too.... :D

They've been above us twice in the past 2 Seasons, for an hour a few of Sunday's ago & then for a full 5 days during the week between a Game, just before Xmas... :D

I sh*t em !!!

Anyway, you'll be all Friendly again when Liverpool & Man Ure come to UP soon wanting us to do you the usual favours...:D

Now now Singa, don't give it the big'un cos your 5 points clear of the relegation battle! :o

They've been above us twice in the past 2 Seasons, for an hour a few of Sunday's ago & then for a full 5 days during the week between a Game, just before Xmas... :D

I sh*t em !!!

Anyway, you'll be all Friendly again when Liverpool & Man Ure come to UP soon wanting us to do you the usual favours...:D

Haha course bruv, you know how fickle us footy fans can be!, who you gona be cheering for on Sunday? us Blues or the Mancs?

I sh*t em !!!

Anyway, you'll be all Friendly again when Liverpool & Man Ure come to UP soon wanting us to do you the usual favours... :D

Haha course bruv, you know how fickle us footy fans can be!, who you gona be cheering for on Sunday? us Blues or the Mancs?

Ooooooh that's a tough one..

If you would have just asked who i would be supporting on Sunday the easy answer would have been Wigan all the way but as you added your Game specificlally, i'll have to go for the draw i suppose, can't honestly see myself wanting either to win to be honest, & i'm sure you wouldn't expect anything else... :D

Edited by MSingh

I sh*t em !!!

Anyway, you'll be all Friendly again when Liverpool & Man Ure come to UP soon wanting us to do you the usual favours... :D

Ooooooh that's a tough one..

If you would have just asked who i would be supporting on Sunday the easy answer would have been Wigan all the way but as you added your Game specificlally, i'll have to go for the draw i suppose, can't honestly see myself wanting either to win to be honest, & i'm sure you wouldn't expect anything else... :D

Judas! at least you could support your fellow London team, just cos your living the life of riley on LOS doesn't mean you should forget your roots! :wai: