Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Very surprised at this one, well in fact i'm not, this is Modern Day Football but i think it's very, very harsh..

Scolari's no Mug, he's a World Cup winning Manager for crying out loud...

Makes me sick personally how Player like Drogba still stroll about when clearly not wanting to play for the Club or the Manager, yet the Manager is the one who gets fcuked off...

I wouldn't be surprised if Zola went there, not sure if it'd be the right move for Chelsea or Zola but i think it's a possibility as even thouhg Zola does make the right noises, this is Modern Day Football & no one's would is gospel..

However it's not all about Zola, the main reason " HE's " done so well for us is the Man sitting next to him, surely everyone knows that, inclucding especially Chelsea & i don't think Clarke would go there after all the fuss when he left so just getting Zola wouldn't be a good move for Chelsea imo..

If not Zola AND CLARKE, Hiddink will be in there pretty soon i would have thought..

AAP are reporting the payout to Scolari ,just 7 mths into a 3 year contract ,is 15 million quid. Coupled with the payouts for Grant and Mourinho thats a total of 40 million quid ,remembering that Grant was only just into a new 4 years contract when he got shunted.

"

Thats makes a joke of CEO Peter Kenyons statement, at the start of this season, that Chelsea would become "independently operational" in the immediate future.

Kenyon ,it should be remembered, was the one that heralded Scolari's arrival as a major coup for Chelsea. In 7 mths he's gone from one of the best managers in the world to a complete dud !

think peter kenyon is the thing that's most wrong with chelsea. odious man he is.

Wish I had made a bet on this during the summer when they announced Scolari as the new Manager.

Amazing to see exactly the same words in the media these days that I said back then.

It is a huge difference between being a natinal manager and a club manager.

National managers pick from a bigger pool. They also have the opportunity to pick the ones they think are peaking, or fit best to the system.

And, Scolari has absolutely no club experience in Europe.

Anyone know the difference between northen European and South American cultures are huge.

No doubt in my mind that Frank Rijkaard will be the best choice.

He is still fairly young, but already very experienced. Everybody knows the pressure one has to take managing the top teams in Spain.

He knows all about getting the results. Not to forget how it is to work with several Ego's at the same time.

Hope they dont get/choose him.

AAP are reporting the payout to Scolari ,just 7 mths into a 3 year contract ,is 15 million quid. Coupled with the payouts for Grant and Mourinho thats a total of 40 million quid ,remembering that Grant was only just into a new 4 years contract when he got shunted.

"

Thats makes a joke of CEO Peter Kenyons statement, at the start of this season, that Chelsea would become "independently operational" in the immediate future.

Kenyon ,it should be remembered, was the one that heralded Scolari's arrival as a major coup for Chelsea. In 7 mths he's gone from one of the best managers in the world to a complete dud !

think peter kenyon is the thing that's most wrong with chelsea. odious man he is.

Steveie I agree with you fully, Kenyon is disgusting.

What a crazy kneejerk reaction.

"

Steveie I agree with you fully, Kenyon is disgusting.

What a crazy kneejerk reaction.

Loathsome , odious , repulsive ,repugnant all add up to describing Kenyon who will always be remembered by me for stepping up to collect his losers medal after the Man U v Chelsea European final. Grinning like the proverbial Cheshire cat he pranced around with it round his neck while Sir Bobby Charlton quietly declined to wear it but put it quietly in his pocket. Class v a-se. A great day when Kenyon departed from Old Trafford.

I wonder how many of you armchair board members really know what's going on. In fact does anyone know what really goes on.

Here is my side to it

Chelsea appoinnted Scolari and we didn't start winning. We carried on winning where Avram left off. Why? Because the same person was running the team. Who? Steve Clarke.Along comes Scolari and we were winning in style with those two at the helm. Then what happens. Clarke goes to West Ham and we appoint Wilkins, who couldn't run a three legged race. Then, and only then, do we start our decsent into oblivion. I wonder how many of you see it like it really is.

Edited by lampard10

I wonder how many of you armchair board members really know what's going on. In fact does anyone know what really goes on.

Here is my side to it

Chelsea appoinnted Scolari and we didn't start winning. We carried on winning where Avram left off. Why? Because the same person was running the team. Who? Steve Clarke.Along comes Scolari and we were winning in style with those two at the helm. Then what happens. Clarke goes to West Ham and we appoint Wilkins, who couldn't run a three legged race. Then, and only then, do we start our decsent into oblivion. I wonder how many of you see it like it really is.

Have to agree with that but to be fair, it may only be Chelsea & West Ham Fans & the odd Football nut on here ( & by that i mena it as a compliment ) that would notice it Mate...

The Chelsea i know knew at the time that it was a bad thing for the Club whilst my West Ham Pals & myself knew that it would be our best Signing of the Season & would be a disruption to Chelsea which is a win win for us..

Here is my side to it

Have to agree with that but to be fair, it may only be Chelsea & West Ham Fans & the odd Football nut on here ( & by that i mena it as a compliment ) that would notice it Mate...

The Chelsea i know knew at the time that it was a bad thing for the Club whilst my West Ham Pals & myself knew that it would be our best Signing of the Season & would be a disruption to Chelsea which is a win win for us..

Lamps you are right, no one actually knows what's going on, thats why I have been quiet so far, just reading all the post's and speculation thats being banded about. I have just seen on the BBC that Hiddink has spoken out about joining the blues, he is saying as he is good friends with Roman he would seriously consider it, I thought Avram was mates with Roman also? look what happened to him!

Here is my side to it

Spot on, I have been telling the lad's in my local here in Pattaya exactly the same for weeks, though I don't understand why Steve Clarke wasn't made the manager at West Ham with Zola as his No2, they got it the wrong way round, you only have to look at both players managerial experience, it looks like according to the latest news that Hiddink is in talks to run Chelsea and the Russian team in a duel role with a longer term replacement to follow next season, my pick would be rijkaard over Acelloti he would command the respect of the dressing room and not have to waste time having intensive English lessons like Ranieri and Scolari had to.

Here is my side to it

Spot on, I have been telling the lad's in my local here in Pattaya exactly the same for weeks, though I don't understand why Steve Clarke wasn't made the manager at West Ham with Zola as his No2, they got it the wrong way round, you only have to look at both players managerial experience, it looks like according to the latest news that Hiddink is in talks to run Chelsea and the Russian team in a duel role with a longer term replacement to follow next season, my pick would be rijkaard over Acelloti he would command the respect of the dressing room and not have to waste time having intensive English lessons like Ranieri and Scolari had to.

Thanks for the concern Fella but Clarke's " Managerial Experience " is just one Game briefly after Gullit's Resignation at Newcastle, Zola was Manager of Italy Under 21's since 2006 - 2008, we're just right as we are thanks...

I wonder if lampard10 was actually right in his first 2 sentences... :o

It looks like Abramovich is taking Real Madrid has his role model for running a football club.His demands,on Scolari,to play an open,high tempo,expansive game with an aging team most of whom had been nurtured on Mourinho's more pragmatic approach was the problem.They just couldn't adapt.It became an mission impossible when he was denied bringing in younger,pacier players in the transfer window.It must have been gutwrenching for Abramovich to see Chelsea slip to fourth below Aston Villa.

Ray Wilkins was a great player for Chelsea but he couldn't lace Steve Clarke's boots regarding man-management of players.He should get back to his nice,comfortable studio armchair with all the other failures.

I hope now that the days of Abramovich interferring in the pitch activities are over and he allows the new coach to get on with his job.

Here is my side to it

was steve clarke running the team when mourinho was manager?

It looks like Abramovich is taking Real Madrid has his role model for running a football club.His demands,on Scolari,to play an open,high tempo,expansive game with an aging team most of whom had been nurtured on Mourinho's more pragmatic approach was the problem.They just couldn't adapt.It became an mission impossible when he was denied bringing in younger,pacier players in the transfer window.It must have been gutwrenching for Abramovich to see Chelsea slip to fourth below Aston Villa.

Ray Wilkins was a great player for Chelsea but he couldn't lace Steve Clarke's boots regarding man-management of players.He should get back to his nice,comfortable studio armchair with all the other failures.

I hope now that the days of Abramovich interferring in the pitch activities are over and he allows the new coach to get on with his job.

Would you not say that at the start of this Season, under Scolari, in Games against ( just off the top of my head ) Villa at Home & Pompey, Chelsea were not playing the best Football that they've ever played a Club ??

Would you not say that at the start of this Season, under Scolari, in Games against ( just off the top of my head ) Villa at Home & Pompey, Chelsea were not playing the best Football that they've ever played a Club ??

A few games does not a season make - and besides, if you looked at those games (and any for that matter) generally you will find a correlation between good and bad play.

grant took chelsea to within a whisker of the league and a couple of instances of stupidity of the european cup and got sacked for it. he was hard done by. scolari's been even harder done by. the way chelsea are treating their managers in recent times can't make it the most appealing job to top managers right now.

too many players on too much money under performing.when grant was in charge drogba got injured and grant bought in Anelka(big mistake and still paying for it)before this all happened drogba was a force in that team,and its never been the same since.

A few games does not a season make - and besides, if you looked at those games (and any for that matter) generally you will find a correlation between good and bad play.

Of course a few Games doesn't make a Season but oldgit said that Abramovich's demands on Scolari to play an open, high tempo & expansive Game was the problem yet he managed it, big time, in those Games i mentioned & in my opinion, i have never seen a Chelsea Team play aswell as they did at the start of this Season, so he was capable of providing what oldgit said..

Here is my side to it

Thanks for the concern Fella but Clarke's " Managerial Experience " is just one Game briefly after Gullit's Resignation at Newcastle, Zola was Manager of Italy Under 21's since 2006 - 2008, we're just right as we are thanks...

So being the assistant manager in a team that wins two league titles is not experience, as for Zola I am fully aware that he was the Italy U21 manager so what? it's not day to day club management, you only have to look at Stuart pearce the England u21 coach, he couldn't take the pressure of Premiership club management.

Of course a few Games doesn't make a Season but oldgit said that Abramovich's demands on Scolari to play an open, high tempo & expansive Game was the problem yet he managed it, big time, in those Games i mentioned & in my opinion, i have never seen a Chelsea Team play aswell as they did at the start of this Season, so he was capable of providing what oldgit said..

Until he lost Essien - see a correlation to this?

Here is my side to it

So being the assistant manager in a team that wins two league titles is not experience, as for Zola I am fully aware that he was the Italy U21 manager so what? it's not day to day club management, you only have to look at Stuart pearce the England u21 coach, he couldn't take the pressure of Premiership club management.

Alright then Mate, but i don't agree with you at all as i believe, like many other Chelsea Fans aswell as West Ham, that Clarke is an excellent number 2 so if it ain't broke..........??

As i said before, thanks for your concern but we're alright thanks, if you wnat to look for a Club with problems, have a look a little closer to home... :D

Edited by MSingh

Without a doubt, losing Essien, like many of us said at the time, was & is a HUGE problem for Chelsea...

Whilst losing the services of Essien was a major blow, he only played in 2 matches (against Wigan and Spurs) before he was injured and Chelsea were still playing well afterwards, in fact right up to the Liverpool match.

Whether it was because they lost the long unbeaten record, or because they lost Clarke, or any other reason, the loss of form certainly wasn't because Essien got injured.

Whilst losing the services of Essien was a major blow, he only played in 2 matches (against Wigan and Spurs) before he was injured and Chelsea were still playing well afterwards, in fact right up to the Liverpool match.

Whether it was because they lost the long unbeaten record, or because they lost Clarke, or any other reason, the loss of form certainly wasn't because Essien got injured.

well you would know better than me I suppose, http://www.big-blues.com/match/

lots of people expressed their doubts about scolari back in the summer as he has a debatable club record and is used to getting players to perform in short bursts at international tournaments. he's not used to managing players day to day and has never managed a top club. so i don't see why it's much of a surprise that he's not been an overnight success in england, he was a poor appointment really.

lots of people expressed their doubts about scolari back in the summer as he has a debatable club record and is used to getting players to perform in short bursts at international tournaments. he's not used to managing players day to day and has never managed a top club. so i don't see why it's much of a surprise that he's not been an overnight success in england, he was a poor appointment really.

agree, I find it odd that Grant gets them within one JT miss of the champions league title and one game of the league title and gets the boot. seems to me he took over the mess that the special one created and came within inches of making it their best year ever.

Grant was obviously not the big name that Chelsea or their fans wanted, they have big stars in the team and wanted a big manager to come in and complete the set up. It's all gone pear shaped for them now!

Everyone said Grant was a mouse who couldn't control the egos on Chelsea. In hindsight, this could have been the reason for his success. Expectations were so low when he took over, unlike Scolari.

Scolari had just come in,they were fresh and were eager to please.My old man reckoned the Chelsea team in the 1950's played the most attractive football but I reckoned he was"tad" (Ray Wilkin's English Dictionery...tad.....small,tiny.)biased. :o

nah, i don't think grant really did anything. the team last season seemed to be trained by steve clarke and managed by a committee of john terry and frank lampard. grant never seemed like anything other than a figurehead.

that's his persona - fact or not, not so sure.

anyways, i suspect within a day or so we'll have someone else to mull over.