Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Congratulations to Rafa Benitez.

Yes, Benitez has done a great job since his appointment. I,for one,have never been critical of his arrival because i know he's a coach of the highest class.He's also been a man of integrity during his tenure here. It also says a lot for the character of the players who,knowing that the coach will leave at the end of the season,have still stuck at it through a punishing schedule.

Have to agree with all that. Its been an extremely punishing schedule and the players have dealt with the pressure so well. I think Lampard has been incredibly effective being used in a far more limited capacity to get maximum impact and his goalscoring, especially for a midfielder is phenomenal.

Anyone take a look at Mata's medal haul? He's won almost everything and he's just halfway through his career.

I think more needs to be said about what a tool John Terry is

What can you say that hasn't already been said!!!biggrin.png

he's basically photoshopping himself into the celebration photos isn't he? didn't play in the champions league final last year, didn't play in this one, but when you look in the books and magazines ten years from now, there he is celebrating in his full kit. as if he had anything to do with them winning either cup. he's insane.

• Like 1

he's basically photoshopping himself into the celebration photos isn't he? didn't play in the champions league final last year, didn't play in this one, but when you look in the books and magazines ten years from now, there he is celebrating in his full kit. as if he had anything to do with them winning either cup. he's insane.

He really is such a pillock isn't he. Thing is, the Rafa boo boys will love their Mr Chelsea running around in his little captains shirt and Chelsea trunks...

Hold on a minute....you didn't play so <deleted> OFF YOU NOB....leave it to the ones that did!w00t.gif

• Like 1

He really is such a pillock isn't he. Thing is, the Rafa boo boys will love their Mr Chelsea running around in his little captains shirt and Chelsea trunks...

Hold on a minute....you didn't play so <deleted> OFF YOU NOB....leave it to the ones that did!w00t.gif

oh you remember when lampard crashed that shot off the bar? and when torres went round the keeper and slotted it home? and when ivanovic's header just dropped in? and when john terry put that last-ditch sliding tackle in to deny them. . . .oh wait, hang on.

• Like 1

If you want to get a penalty Fernando, try dropping when the guy manhandles you, not 2 seconds later when you've moved away then decided you can't reach the ball. Lucky not to be carded, but to be fair he didn't claim that hard for it. Well reffed game.

oh you remember when lampard crashed that shot off the bar? and when torres went round the keeper and slotted it home? and when ivanovic's header just dropped in? and when john terry put that last-ditch sliding tackle in to deny them. . . .oh wait, hang on.

laugh.png

I don't have the loathing for Terry that most of you here seem to.

However, the sight of him queuing for a medal in his team shirt and then holding the trophy for the lift shots with Lampard has to rank alongside a couple of broken leg tackles (Shawcross on Ramsey) as the most sickening sight in football!

This Sunday Chelsea supporters if they have an onze of respect, should make banners saying sorry for being idiots and thanking Benitez for all he has done, despite their efforts to railroad him. Maybe the Everton chairman might have a word in his ear on Sunday about the job vacancy. Wouldn't it be nice to give the crowd that news before the KO? biggrin.png

Oh wait Everton aren't big enough, they are only 6th behind the obvious top 5 and there are no vacancies there.....oh wait again, there's a vacancy at Chelsea. wink.png

• Like 2

Didn't play well but Chelsea have the winning mentality. The players know how to win and get the job done .

I tried to stay out of it.......

What a crock....blink.png

redrus

I noticed a Chelsea supporter with his shirt off after the final whistle of their Europa League Final win and he had a tattoo of Thai script on his arm. So, which one of you is he? smile.png

Not guilty Jim. Sounds to me like a tourist.

I noticed a Chelsea supporter with his shirt off after the final whistle of their Europa League Final win and he had a tattoo of Thai script on his arm.  So, which one of you is he? Posted Image

Not guilty Jim. Sounds to me like a tourist.

Seapok is the ultimate chav! :D

This Sunday Chelsea supporters if they have an onze of respect, should make banners saying sorry for being idiots and thanking Benitez for all he has done, despite their efforts to railroad him. Maybe the Everton chairman might have a word in his ear on Sunday about the job vacancy. Wouldn't it be nice to give the crowd that news before the KO? biggrin.png

Oh wait Everton aren't big enough, they are only 6th behind the obvious top 5 and there are no vacancies there.....oh wait again, there's a vacancy at Chelsea. wink.png

The Chelsea fans have proven that Benitez was right.

The Chelsea fans have proven that Benitez was right.

Whats been proven is that Ambramovich made an excellent choice appointing Benitez. He's done exactly what the owner wanted and more. Despite everything.

Theres such an irony here. There are fans in their sixties that have loyally supporters their team for years seeing few highs and no silverware, with little chance of ever winning anything. This guy comes in, does a terrific job, diplomatic at all times bar having the temerity to ask fans to support the team, won what is a highly valued tournament now, the Europa, qualifies too for the CL with the most horrendous fixture congestion to deal with, and all chelsea fans did the whole time was undermine and boo. Thats irony. this is not a mud slinging post just the way is it and its nothing short of bizarre.

• Like 1

Steady on there Carmine, I'm not sure Rafa has been excellent.

I made no secret that I was against the appointment of Rafa, but I have warmed to him. He was given a squad that on paper should qualify for CL and should be challenging if not winning cups.

As the season has progressed he has improved the team (especially after his fan and interim rant) and I'm a big fan of him playing Luiz in midfield. If he was to stay, I would not be disappointed if it wasn't for the expected arrival of Jose.

He did drop the ball in the CWC (a cup that i really wanted us to win) and the league cup against Swansea. There were also bad losses to QPR and Southampton amongst other bad performances.

I'm happy to have won the Europa Cup, but lets not forget this is the European B cup.

Rafa has done himself proud overall, and Chelsea fans should give him some respect today.

What are the chances that Rafa would stay on ? I suppose slim and probably none, but under most circumstances an interim manager that salvaged the season despite a horrific schedule and won the Europa would give management pause. I'd guess it is out of the question, but I'd love to see Mourinho standing alone at the altar.tongue.png

From what I have read and heard, the Chelsea hierarchy all like him and would love him too stay but its still just too divisive. There are still are good percentage against him so the minute things start to go wrong it would kick off again.

Whoever manages next season must include Lukaku, he's way better than Ba & Torres combined.

Mourinho? How many managers have actually gone back and succeeded?

Don't rule out Zola, he's doing well and Chelsea fans love him. biggrin.png

United and rivals Manchester City are both 15/8 to win the Premier League next season but, if you reckon Rooney will join the Blues along with Mourinho, then it may be well worth backing Chelsea to win the title at a pretty decent 11/4.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/chelsea-set-to-make-massive-bid-for-man-utds-rooney_155324.html

Edited by uptheos