Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Stop moaning,Stevie! You've got Sturridge for a bag of sweets. Mind you,I think one of the biggest mistakes we ever made was getting shot of Glen Johnson to Portsmouth,of all places. What a full back he's turned out to be.

there is a point to the moaning though mate in fairness. when other teams play everton for example they have to face the excellent lukaku who can do them a lot of damage - when chelsea play them he's not allowed to play. rigs the game a bit doesn't it that?

Yes a loan should be a loan with no agreements but the problem is how much would the particular players effort be against his real employers who his future is decided by?

Maybe the only answer is loans to different divisions or countries can be allowed.

The Lukaku one is pushing the boundaries of fair play as he is quality.

I think it's an EPL ruling that loanees can't play for their parent club.

It seems excellent business for Chelsea, but I can see it pushes the boundaries a bit.

Stop moaning,Stevie! You've got Sturridge for a bag of sweets. Mind you,I think one of the biggest mistakes we ever made was getting shot of Glen Johnson to Portsmouth,of all places. What a full back he's turned out to be.

there is a point to the moaning though mate in fairness. when other teams play everton for example they have to face the excellent lukaku who can do them a lot of damage - when chelsea play them he's not allowed to play. rigs the game a bit doesn't it that?

Yes a loan should be a loan with no agreements but the problem is how much would the particular players effort be against his real employers who his future is decided by?

Maybe the only answer is loans to different divisions or countries can be allowed.

The Lukaku one is pushing the boundaries of fair play as he is quality.

I think it's an EPL ruling that loanees can't play for their parent club.

It seems excellent business for Chelsea, but I can see it pushes the boundaries a bit.

I doubt that Everton are all that unhappy about the situation.xthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we

Not sure if it was Mourinho's tactics or just the fact that Chelsea just played very badly. No one from Chelsea played well today, it was like they just couldn't be bothered. Passing the ball around at the back when you are 1-0 down?? Yeah, that will scare the opposition!!!

• Like 1

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, talking to BT Sport: "I didn't like it. I think we deserved to lose. We had a couple of good chances to score the equaliser but they were in the game more than us, they fought more than us and they were much more committed than us. They were the best team on the pitch, if someone had to win, I think it was Newcastle not us.

"The game was quite easy to play in the first half but we were not sharp, we were not intense with the ball. So we let the game go, waiting for a chance to score a goal or a chance to concede and lose it and that is exactly what I was telling the players at half-time."

Thoughts on Chelsea and the Premier League, 10 games in: "I don't need to lose a match to be aware of [how competitive the league is]. It is something I know and pass on to my players every game, I know exactly how it is. The race is there for everybody. If Arsenal win today they open the gap. I didn't like my team today."

Well at least he knows. I expect a revitalised Chelsea next week.

Mourinho despite being a controversial character is quite often refreshingly honest in interviews when defeated, as showcased today. Been on a good run before today, have to see what the reaction will be to this slightly surprising defeat.

Plenty of possession but did nothing with it. Oscar,in particular,epitomised the Chelsea performance. Drab,tired and lifeless. Hazard looked like he wanted to make things happen but the rest of the midfield were devoid of ideas.Too many players wanted too many touches of the ball, when in possession. That gave Newcastle the time to organise themselves.

The Blue Machine marches on and on and on and on and on......................

cheesy.gif You should know better !

True....just got a bit carried away with the 6 straight wins on the bounce....4 of which were away ...conceding just 3 goals while knocking in 18 whistling.gif

What the hell do you do with David Luiz? You play him at the back,as Mourinho did on Saturday,and he gives one of his most indisciplined,annoying performances,at times bypassing the midfield and going for his ol' mate Torres with the telling pass. The problem with that was,his accuracy was way off. Then there was the interception,trying to knick the ball from the opposition instead of putting in a tackle. Again, he got on the wrong side and the Newcastle break was on.

"Play him in a holding midfield role" is the general consensus but,my question here is,don't you ALSO have to be disciplined to play in that role? Having the vision to know when to burst forward to join an attack or to hold your position?

A Guardian writer once described Joe Hart as "always looking a little too pleased with himself most of the time" and I get that impression with Luiz. There's nothing wrong with being confident in your ability but being over confident is a dangerous mindset.

Luiz is 26 years old so he's no spring chicken but,to be rated as a top class footballer,which he undoubtedly can be,he's got to learn to control himself and not to treat his opposition with disdain.

• Like 2

What the hell do you do with David Luiz? You play him at the back,as Mourinho did on Saturday,and he gives one of his most indisciplined,annoying performances,at times bypassing the midfield and going for his ol' mate Torres with the telling pass. The problem with that was,his accuracy was way off. Then there was the interception,trying to knick the ball from the opposition instead of putting in a tackle. Again, he got on the wrong side and the Newcastle break was on.

"Play him in a holding midfield role" is the general consensus but,my question here is,don't you ALSO have to be disciplined to play in that role? Having the vision to know when to burst forward to join an attack or to hold your position?

A Guardian writer once described Joe Hart as "always looking a little too pleased with himself most of the time" and I get that impression with Luiz. There's nothing wrong with being confident in your ability but being over confident is a dangerous mindset.

Luiz is 26 years old so he's no spring chicken but,to be rated as a top class footballer,which he undoubtedly can be,he's got to learn to control himself and not to treat his opposition with disdain.

One attempt of a tackle on one of the Newcastle forwards must have been the must feeble tackle ive ever seen by a central defender whistling.gif

I like Luiz a lot. I think he is a great talent and probably should be our next captain after JT.

Last weekends game was a bit of an anomaly, in that everyone was bad. If I was to pick players for the next game based on that performance I would only pick Torres. So I'm not going to be too harsh on Luiz.

Yes, he can make mistakes, but I think this is due to him always being in the action, so his mistakes are more frequent. Take a partnership of Cahill and Luiz. Cahill will just back off, leaving Luiz to tackle or intercept most of the time, so naturally he will make more mistakes. I also think Luiz makes many vital interceptions that get overshadowed by his mistakes. And a lot of the time, they are not mistakes, just that the striker beat him. It happens to defenders.......

About him bypassing the midfield to Torres, why not? Our midfield is still way too slow. I've lost count the amount of times we have gained possession in our half and someone (usually Hazard) will make a storming run and then stop and think about who to pass to, giving the opposition the time to re-group. Also, hoofing it up to Torres is exactly what Torres wants and needs most of the time.

Personally, I think Luiz in midfield is a no brainer. He has vision and can pick out a pass beautifully. Added to that he will always get stuck in and if he gets unstuck a defender will be able to intervene.

For me, at the moment, I would go with Luiz and Mikel in the midfield 2. Mikel has been playing very well this season and towards the end of last season.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, talking to BT Sport: "I didn't like it. I think we deserved to lose. We had a couple of good chances to score the equaliser but they were in the game more than us, they fought more than us and they were much more committed than us. They were the best team on the pitch, if someone had to win, I think it was Newcastle not us.

"The game was quite easy to play in the first half but we were not sharp, we were not intense with the ball. So we let the game go, waiting for a chance to score a goal or a chance to concede and lose it and that is exactly what I was telling the players at half-time."

Thoughts on Chelsea and the Premier League, 10 games in: "I don't need to lose a match to be aware of [how competitive the league is]. It is something I know and pass on to my players every game, I know exactly how it is. The race is there for everybody. If Arsenal win today they open the gap. I didn't like my team today."

Well at least he knows. I expect a revitalised Chelsea next week.

Well, the special one had better pull his finger out then. biggrin.png

Play him in midfield.with Ramires or Mikel,he is a very talented footballer and is wasted at the back.

I watched him against Cardiff and yeah you could blame him for that opening goal,and his nonchalent response to it,but he didn,t hide and was nearly always at the start of every move.

For me he gets frustrated by the lack of movement from the players infront of him,which then leads him to take a bit of a gamble.

Jose won,t play him in midfield cos he knows the press will say thats where Rafa played him and thats his best position (did he .uck) 4 games out of 30 odd.

If Luiz is not picked for tonights game or saturdays i,ll be very surprised if he is still a Chelsea player come February......and for me that would be an opportunity missed by Jose to make that boy into the world class footballer he could be.imho.

Last nights game is starting to typify our EPL play. Very boring to watch and so very slow. Our attacking mid 3 (sometimes 4 or 5) are painful to watch with regard to finding a killer pass quickly. We have so much talent in the AM, but they can't seem to work it out for some reason.

Again, we only seem to come alive after we go down, very disappointing. In fact I didn't really care about the result last night, I just wanted the game to finish so I could do something else. My enthusiasm and excitement leading up to a game is waning compared to previous weeks, something needs to change.

And yes, the penalty was never a penalty. But then again Ivanovic was fouled leading up to one of their goals.

Last nights game is starting to typify our EPL play. Very boring to watch and so very slow. Our attacking mid 3 (sometimes 4 or 5) are painful to watch with regard to finding a killer pass quickly. We have so much talent in the AM, but they can't seem to work it out for some reason.

Again, we only seem to come alive after we go down, very disappointing. In fact I didn't really care about the result last night, I just wanted the game to finish so I could do something else. My enthusiasm and excitement leading up to a game is waning compared to previous weeks, something needs to change.

And yes, the penalty was never a penalty. But then again Ivanovic was fouled leading up to one of their goals.

Its the Jose way mjj.

Do you then think Mourinho should keep with the same tactics week in week out until it works - if it works at all. Or should he try something different?

Do you then think Mourinho should keep with the same tactics week in week out until it works - if it works at all. Or should he try something different?

Alfie, you play chess, don't you ?tongue.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25052981

"At least now the referees know, they know one thing. If, in a controversial - I'm not saying a mistake - decision that hypothetically - and, I repeat, hypothetically - favours Chelsea, they know they are going to be publicly exposed by their boss. That they know.

"They can make, hypothetically, mistakes, favouring other teams, nothing happens.

"If hypothetically - and, I repeat, hypothetically - they make a mistake, they are publicly exposed by their own boss.

"I'm very curious to know if it was just an isolated phone call. I'm curious to know if people see that as a normal situation.

"I'm interested to know if this is the start, that from now on it's going to be the same for everybody."

Mourinho really getting himself tied up in knots here. At the bottom of it all there is valid question from him, but all the verbal dancing he has to do with all of the "hypothetically this" and the "hypothetically thats", undermines his argument, and would have been completely unnecessary had he simply been honest after that West Brom game, and had he accepted that it was a poor decision and never a penalty.

Had he done that, not only would he have had a much easier time trying to make the point he is above, but he might have garnered a bit more sympathy. As it is, most people will just think he should stop moaning. OK, so West Brom come out of this with a nice letter from the chief ref, but they still are minus two extra two points that should have been theirs... whilst Chelsea come out if it with a point they didn't deserve. Mourinho should have quit whilst he was ahead on this, and that moment was as soon as the final whistle was blown... express sympathies with the opposing team, admit you were lucky, and walk away secretly feeling happy and relieved.

He certainly isn't the self proclaimed special one anymore.............despite all his philanthropy and general good deeds to the needy and underprivileged across the world.

Blokes a tool, plain and simple

• Like 2

"At least now the referees know, they know one thing. If, in a controversial - I'm not saying a mistake - decision that hypothetically - and, I repeat, hypothetically - favours Chelsea, they know they are going to be publicly exposed by their boss. That they know.

"They can make, hypothetically, mistakes, favouring other teams, nothing happens.

"If hypothetically - and, I repeat, hypothetically - they make a mistake, they are publicly exposed by their own boss.

"I'm very curious to know if it was just an isolated phone call. I'm curious to know if people see that as a normal situation.

"I'm interested to know if this is the start, that from now on it's going to be the same for everybody."

Mourinho really getting himself tied up in knots here. At the bottom of it all there is valid question from him, but all the verbal dancing he has to do with all of the "hypothetically this" and the "hypothetically thats", undermines his argument, and would have been completely unnecessary had he simply been honest after that West Brom game, and had he accepted that it was a poor decision and never a penalty.

Had he done that, not only would he have had a much easier time trying to make the point he is above, but he might have garnered a bit more sympathy. As it is, most people will just think he should stop moaning. OK, so West Brom come out of this with a nice letter from the chief ref, but they still are minus two extra two points that should have been theirs... whilst Chelsea come out if it with a point they didn't deserve. Mourinho should have quit whilst he was ahead on this, and that moment was as soon as the final whistle was blown... express sympathies with the opposing team, admit you were lucky, and walk away secretly feeling happy and relieved.

He certainly isn't the self proclaimed special one anymore.............despite all his philanthropy and general good deeds to the needy and underprivileged across the world.

For ONCE I agree with you w00t.gif Maybe I am also going Ting Tong blink.png

BT biggrin.png

For ONCE I agree with you w00t.gif Maybe I am also going Ting Tong blink.png

BT biggrin.png

Basically, rather than make the repeated ludicrous statements that it was a penalty and Marriner was correct he should have done what he finds painfully hard to do and shut up. He's like a previously good tv series thats run its course and everyones had enough of. same with him and his stupid comments.

Now he's worried that by not shutting up, his teams going to be on the wrong end of some dodgey calls and he will probably be right. All the pillock needed to say from the offset was that it looked a harsh decision. Nothing else, but he just loves the sound of his own voice.

Can someone remind me why Chelsea ever got rid of Carlo Ancellottifacepalm.gif

The madness of king Jose!

He is now just the ordinary one who has been found out.

If there was a time when a manager has to many attacking tools at his disposal and is at a loss as to how to use them...this is it.

He has brought a lot to Chelsea in the past but now all he has brought is himself and he has to be the center of attention at all costs.

In hindsight i am very happy he never came to United.

• Like 2