Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I'll wait until 31 August before eating any humble pie :rolleyes:. [Clearly you don't have to remind me how stuffed up Arsenal were]

How many times do you all have to be told Modric is not for sale? :rolleyes:

Of course Modric is for sale but only at the right price.

The reality is that if you think Spurs are a 'forced seller' you assume they will eventually cave in to your current offer which would be optimistic.

If at the end of the window Chelsea raise their offer price to a level that Spurs accept, you will only prove that Chelsea are a 'forced buyer'.

It seems abrak that Daniel Levy and your good self are not signing from the same song sheet. Why don't you lot listen? He's not for sale! Mind you, Chelsea must be getting desperate and i'm expecting a desperate "Torres esq" bid and i'll tell you now, i'd sell him for the right price, because he's very good but far from the complete article. Levy won't sell him though due to the percieved wrong signals it would send out. I'd also like to steer away from the childrens arguements that everyone has a price! We all no that All i'm saying is that in even a relatively sane world we won;t sell him if some plank wants to say the likes of what if they offered 100m then ofcourse we would!

Modric does'nt score enough goals for me. My only stipulation would be that the money was reinvested in the squad.

Personally i just hoping that Modric is spending his time working out where the goal net is. This really is a weakness for him. He could also take a visit to a barber and get rid of that incredibly effeminate hairstyle and the alice band can go with it.

Edited by carmine

I was in the pub last night and the Chelsea match was on, on the background.

As far as I could make out Torres, Drogba and Anelka were all on the pitch at the same time. That would be rather strange wouldnt it?

I have a feeling they are going to make a really ludicrous offer for Modric. After the stance Levy's made thats what it will take to allow him to say yes, and i think Chelsea are desperate enough. They;ll need him in their race with City to buy the premier league title. Essien out for months, Benayoun simply not good enough, Lampard ageing and seemingly from yesterday, not too well.

Whilst Redknapp is the incumbant, waiting for the England call were going nowhere anyway so we might well start a huge transfer kitty for his successor. ;) He's already effectively told our players they arn't good enough for top four anyway. Tosser.

Edited by carmine

As far as I could make out Torres, Drogba and Anelka were all on the pitch at the same time. That would be rather strange wouldnt it?

It told me just how weak the West Brom midfield is and just how little flair and imagination the Chelsea midfield has.

It told me just how weak the West Brom midfield is and just how little flair and imagination the Chelsea midfield has.

Do you mean Stoke Midfield ?

Do you mean Stoke Midfield ?

That i do.

I have a feeling they are going to make a really ludicrous offer for Modric. After the stance Levy's made thats what it will take to allow him to say yes, and i think Chelsea are desperate enough. They;ll need him in their race with City to buy the premier league title. Essien out for months, Benayoun simply not good enough, Lampard ageing and seemingly from yesterday, not too well.

Whilst Redknapp is the incumbant, waiting for the England call were going nowhere anyway so we might well start a huge transfer kitty for his successor. ;) He's already effectively told our players they arn't good enough for top four anyway. Tosser.

That is my guess too.

But the real point is this. If Chelsea wait until the last day (because they dont have a plan B) they are going to get royally screwed by Levy because he knows they are a forced buyer. As things stand for Spurs he can 1) cash in Modric and have a war chest he doesnt need to give to Harry or 2) he can simply keep Modric. But time has always been on Levy's side in this negotiation. Simply put if Chelsea buy him on the last day of the window, they should know that it was the 'perfect' day for Levy to get the most stupid offer out of them.

That is why 'not for sale' is simply a 'price'. When you say he wont sell it 'because it will send the wrong signals', you are simply saying that the price must be high enough that he cannot refuse without sending the wrong signals.

Ir is simply axiomatic that if you think that you have proven something by 'buying' something that is not for sale on the last moment it is available in a negotiation you have 100% been squeezed by both price and also time.

That is my guess too.

But the real point is this. If Chelsea wait until the last day (because they dont have a plan B) they are going to get royally screwed by Levy because he knows they are a forced buyer. As things stand for Spurs he can 1) cash in Modric and have a war chest he doesnt need to give to Harry or 2) he can simply keep Modric. But time has always been on Levy's side in this negotiation. Simply put if Chelsea buy him on the last day of the window, they should know that it was the 'perfect' day for Levy to get the most stupid offer out of them.

That is why 'not for sale' is simply a 'price'. When you say he wont sell it 'because it will send the wrong signals', you are simply saying that the price must be high enough that he cannot refuse without sending the wrong signals.

Ir is simply axiomatic that if you think that you have proven something by 'buying' something that is not for sale on the last moment it is available in a negotiation you have 100% been squeezed by both price and also time.

Thats right and i would love to sell him for the "right price." I watched the Chelsea game very closely and they really need someone of exactly Modric's ilk. I think Chelsea should have taken someone like Parker on loan and weighed up their options.

That is my guess too.

Thats right and i would love to sell him for the "right price." I watched the Chelsea game very closely and they really need someone of exactly Modric's ilk. I think Chelsea should have taken someone like Parker on loan and weighed up their options.

Looks like they need 2 or 3 midfield players :o strange that Sturride wasn't even on the bench as he was suppose to have had a good pre-season,wouldn't mind him at our gaff but i doubt Levy would offer more than 5m for him :D

Edited by alfieconn

Why would that be strange? Drogba came on for the last 10 minutes, considering it was 0-0 maybe AVB was trying to win the game perhaps? or would you think bringing on a defender would be more useful haha do some people actually understand football on this site?

Very bad performance 1st half, we looked all over the place, came alive in the 40th minute and carried that play into the 2nd half.

Chelsea 2 - 1 West Brom

Substitute Florent Malouda scored seven minutes from time to give Chelsea victory against West Brom at Stamford Bridge.

The Blues were poor in the first half and conceded early on when Shane Long capitalised on a mistake by Alex before slotting his shot past Hilario.

Forward Nicolas Anelka equalised after the break when his angled strike took a deflection off Jonas Olsson.

Malouda grabbed the winner when he converted Jose Bosingwa's cross.

West Brom had other chances to extend their lead after Long's goal, but Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas' tactical tinkering late in the first half appeared to mend the cracks that surfaced during those early stages.

Chelsea were flat and the wave-on-wave of attacks that used to overwhelm teams merely rippled, with only forward Fernando Torres showing passion and commitment to the cause.

Alex slipped after receiving a pass from fellow Brazilian Ramires and was then left chasing as Long ran through and slipped his shot past Hilario.

The Baggies should have doubled their advantage moments later when Long went clear on the right but he put too much pace on his cross for Somen Tchoyi, who surely would have scored had the pass been more accurate.

West Brom keeper Ben Foster was called into action on a couple of occasions, first when he tipped over a fierce shot from Ashley Cole before he was fortunate to be in the right position to block Alex's deflected free-kick.

Chelsea's came to life in the last 10 minutes of the first half following that tactical adjustment from Villas-Boas as the home side changed to a diamond formation after Malouda replaced Salomon Kalou.

France forward Anelka broke into the area on the right before shifting his feet and firing a low shot which took a deflection off Olsson, beating a static Foster.

That was more bad luck for the Baggies, who lost to Manchester United last week as a result of a deflected strike.

Chelsea came close to taking the lead shortly after the restart when Anelka's low drive was blocked by the feet of Foster before Steven Reid dived heroically to fend away Malouda's follow-up.

But there was no misfortune about the winner. Bosingwa used his pace to make space on the right before delivering a low ball to the back post which Malouda tucked away.

West Brom replacement Peter Odemwingie could have given the Blues a nasty shock in the closing moments, but he directed his volley into the clutches of Hilario.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas

"Their mental attitude for the second half was good.

"There was a sense of realising the space and better options without being anxious like they were in the first half. It goes down to them.

"It was a difficult game. The first goal was very early and the crowd became anxious and that passed onto the pitch.

"We had to remove the anxiety and be mentally tranquil.

"The players were able to free themselves from that and work at their best."

West Brom manager Roy Hodgson

"Certainly there are a lot of positive things from last week's game and this week's game.

"But it was disappointing to lose. For 60 minutes we did quite well.

"On another day, like last week, we could have come away with a result.

"We got in behind them on plenty of occasions and could have scored more than the one goal we got."

I thought the baggies where unlucky,Shane Long ran Terry and Alex stupid in the first half and made them look very ordinary.

Torres has not got it going on at all,very dissapointing he was,NO cutting edge from the blues at all.

Should of been 0-2 in the first half and game over.

I thought the baggies where unlucky,Shane Long ran Terry and Alex stupid in the first half and made them look very ordinary.

Torres has not got it going on at all,very dissapointing he was,NO cutting edge from the blues at all.

Terry is an average player and a fit David Luis is a no brainer to partner Alex. Apart from that, Chelsea were <deleted>.

Terry is an average player and a fit David Luis is a no brainer to partner Alex. Apart from that, Chelsea were <deleted>.

Alex is supposedly on his way to Juventus so thats not gona happen and by his performance yesterday the money we get would be welcomed, having said that I do like Alex and he can be handy from the dead ball.

Yeah WBA did play well in the first and we played badly which made them look even better, it was a good battle with our defenders and their strikers. I think if they did get another goal we would of struggled to win but I'm sure we would of got a point anyway, we do have a good habit of never giving up and fighting to the very end. It is the stuff champions are made of, playing "<deleted>" and still coming away with 3 points! :D

Alex is supposedly on his way to Juventus so thats not gona happen and by his performance yesterday the money we get would be welcomed, having said that I do like Alex and he can be handy from the dead ball.

i'm surprised, more so in that case, that Chelsea have'nt signed Cahill to replace him. in that scenario AVB could start with Luis and Cahill which would be very impressive.

Just what the doctor ordered, just need to get that ratboy from the lane now! :D

Valencia agree to sell Juan Mata to Chelsea

Spanish club Valencia have said they have reached an agreement in principle to sell Juan Mata to Chelsea.

The deal is subject to a medical, with reports suggesting the 23-year-old could join for the Blues for £23.5m.

A statement on the Valencia website said: "Valencia has reached an agreement in principle with Chelsea for the transfer of the player Juan Mata."

After Chelsea's 2-1 win over West Brom, boss Andre Villas-Boas said: "He can add to any squad in the world."

Mata has been at Valencia since 2007 and as captain helped Spain win the Under-21 European Championship in the summer. He was also part of Spain's 2010 World Cup winning squad.

Villas-Boas has previously spoken of the need to recruit more midfielders and the club have also made bids for Tottenham's Luka Modric.

On Saturday after Chelsea's 2-1 win against West Brom Villa-Boas was questioned about Mata.

He refused to be drawn on whether any deal was close, but he said: "He's a good player, a very good player.

"He's not our player but he's an interesting player.

"His curriculum speaks for itself. He's a player who scores and assists and he can add to any squad in the world."

Mata joined Valencia from Real Madrid's youth team. Last season, the 23-year-old midfielder scored eight goals to help Valencia to a third-place finish.

He was also part of Spain's 2010 World Cup-winning squad and captain of the under-21 team that won the European Championship this year.

If Mata leaves, Valencia will have sold all four of its World Cup winners: David Villa (Barcelona), David Silva (Manchester City) and Raul Albiol (Real Madrid).

Man City and Man United have been the only convincing top teams this early in the season. [Wolves are a blip :rolleyes:]. Liverpool and Chelsea still waiting to gel with their most expensive signings. Liverpool will do that - not so sure about Chelsea.

Man City and Man United have been the only convincing top teams this early in the season. [Wolves are a blip :rolleyes:]. Liverpool and Chelsea still waiting to gel with their most expensive signings. Liverpool will do that - not so sure about Chelsea.

Haha thanks for that prophet Santisuk! :whistling:

Bet you Chelsea guys are getting worried about tomorrow!!! I fancy a nice 0-2.

I am of course not serious, I just hope we don't get put to the sword, our defense is not to sharp.

Should be a good game mate, I'm sure we will be taking all 3 points and I think we do need a big win to get the season going, have been dragging out results for the last two games, a bit different from last season when we were smashing teams 6-0

I am of course not serious, I just hope we don't get put to the sword, our defense is not to sharp.

Should be a good game mate, I'm sure we will be taking all 3 points and I think we do need a big win to get the season going, have been dragging out results for the last two games, a bit different from last season when we were smashing teams 6-0

Typical arrogance. No sign of your Modric c+p though is there ya mugs.

Edit: Just to add you're winning the battle with the library lot as our most hated scummy club this season by a long way. bah.gif

Edited by smokie36

Edit: Just to add you're winning the battle with the library lot as our most hated scummy club this season by a long way. bah.gif

City are coming up on the rails also to join them,just you see wink.gif

Couldn't give a sh*t about what others think of us mate, as long as we do it on the pitch and win trophies at the end of the day thats what its all about! :D

Couldn't give a sh*t about what others think of us mate, as long as we do it on the pitch and win trophies at the end of the day thats what its all about! :D

Maybe the rumours are true that desperate Chelsea are finally going to stump up the big bucks for Modric. 40mi believe11/. With or without Modric i can't really see Chelsea buying aware silverware this season.

If they do bid £40m it just proves what complete and utter donkeys they are.....the desperate spiralling pirsuit of success without so much as a nod to common decency or rationality.

Just greed and arrogance at every turn. A horrible disgusting pox of a club.