Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Welcome back Eddie. Yes your club is now held in the same esteem as those across town at the library. This is mainly due to your disgraceful pursuit of our midfielder but there is always the england captain to despise with equal distaste.

What a horrible little club.

all a smokescreen we didnt want him in the 1st place 30 million for that heap of crap......love seeing the table at the mo ..north london in a bit of a state lol.......utc

Bah! I said the same on our thread a month ago and was ridiculed. There we have it then eh.....

only one team in london ..........ha ha harry to take the spuds down

Alrite mate, hows it going? haven't seen you on this for a while, sounds like you had fun in Scotland, I had a great time watching the blues in Bangkok too.

We aren't playing too well at the moment, as long as we keep getting the 3 points I'm sure things will pick up.

Fernando Torres quizzed over 'slow' Chelsea comments

Fernando Torres has been told to explain an interview in which he seemed to criticise Chelsea team-mates.

Torres, 27, spoke to the website of Spain's Primera Liga last week, with a translation appearing on his personal website which quoted him as saying the club's older players were "very slow."

The striker has insisted he was misquoted in the English translation. However Chelsea, who are seeking an original Spanish version, are unlikely to fine the player.

Torres' interview was authorised by the club - had it not been he would have faced heavier censure - but he is still set to have to explain the contents to manager Andre Villas-Boas.

While the English translation carried the direct criticism of team-mates, a Spanish version on his site carried a line that translated as saying the team "play very slowly".

Keen to get an original version, Villas-Boas said: "We are going in-depth to regain the tape of that interview.

"We'll see if things play exactly as they are in that interview."

Asked what action would be taken if the translation proved accurate, the Portuguese said: "We'd just talk. Just talk to share opinion.

"If it was unauthorised, I'd fine him, of course. Anyhow, it's one player's perspective.

"I don't think it's a perspective that the manager shares. I don't have to share my players' ideas sometimes.

"I think we have competence, apart from the 'age problem', which for me is not a problem. "Maybe we just have to speak about that situation and he has to see our view as well."

In the original interview, Torres admitted that it had taken him longer to settle at Chelsea than he would have predicted.

Despite becoming the most expensive player in British football when he completed a £50m move from Liverpool in January he has since scored just once in 22 club matches, was not involved in Spain's Euro 2010 qualifier against Liechtenstein last week and found himself restricted to a late cameo in Saturday's Premier League win at Sunderland.

Declining to say whether Torres was in line for an immediate recall for Tuesday's Champions League opener against Bayer Leverkusen, Villas-Boas said he hoped being dropped could add as extra motivation.

"I think any player who's not part of the squad or the selected players is not happy," he said. "I'm glad because maybe you can stimulate them to go one step further, or motivate them a bit more."

I would say a fair deal i january would be Modric over to you for Fernando Torres and 10m. I've found the behaviour of Modric to be disrespectful, under hand, displaying a cronic lack of class, so he'd go down well in the Chelsea dressing room. He could even be Captain Fantastics right hand man when "Lamps" gets dropped.

Good morning and congratulations Chelsea fans,

Chelsea FC - Bayer Leverkusen 2 : 0

Chelsea opened their Champions League Group E account with a 2-0 win against a determined Bayer Leverkusen side at Stamford Bridge.

Andre Villas-Boas's side were made to work hard for the spoils, and it took a superb finish from defender David Luiz to break the deadlock on 67 minutes.

Juan Mata added some gloss to the scoreline with the last kick of the game, and ensure Leverkusen midfielder Michael Ballack went home unhappy on his return to his former club.

Andre Villas-Boas says Chelsea will go for victory at Manchester United

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas accepts his side will face a "different kind of challenge altogether" when they visit Manchester United on Sunday.

David Luiz and Juan Mata scored in the 2-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen in their Champions League opener on Tuesday.

With one eye on the trip, Villas-Boas rested captain John Terry completely and Frank Lampard started on the bench.

Villas-Boas said: "We will go there to try to win it. It's going to be a very good early-season game."

He added: "We face United perhaps in their most tremendous moment of motivation and flair and style.

"A team that has made its impact at the beginning of the Premier League is different from last year, but I think it provokes in us a good challenge.

"Motivation will be the key factor in the game, and the capacity of people to transcend themselves and take the game through and come back from Old Trafford with a win."

Chelsea ambled through much of their match against the German side, with England Under-21 forward Daniel Sturridge the main livewire before Brazil defender Luiz scored on 67 minutes and Mata secured a more flattering final scoreline with a stoppage-time second.

The result pleased Villas-Boas, who said: "We had numerous chances throughout the game and deserved to win.

"An international week has gone by, then we had Sunderland after two days and then, after another two days, a Champions League win against a very tough team. But I am pleased, particularly with good passing and fluency in the game."

The Portuguese also said he had resolved the situation with Spanish striker Fernando Torres after he reportedly said that some of this team-mates were slow.

But despite setting up both of Chelsea's goals, Villas-Boas would not confirm whether the Torres had done enough to earn a start against United at the weekend.

"I have to make a decision," he said. "We have another couple of days to train, and he will compete with the other four for that position. We have to take the best decision possible."

Didier Drogba was also left out of the team against the Bundesliga side as he continues to recover from the concussion that he suffered against Norwich.

Villas-Boas said he was unsure as to whether the striker will be fit in time for the trip to Old Trafford.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas accepts his side will face a "different kind of challenge altogether" when they visit Manchester United on Sunday.

David Luiz and Juan Mata scored in the 2-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen in their Champions League opener on Tuesday.

With one eye on the trip, Villas-Boas rested captain John Terry completely and Frank Lampard started on the bench.

Villas-Boas said: "We will go there to try to win it. It's going to be a very good early-season game."

He added: "We face United perhaps in their most tremendous moment of motivation and flair and style.

"A team that has made its impact at the beginning of the Premier League is different from last year, but I think it provokes in us a good challenge.

"Motivation will be the key factor in the game, and the capacity of people to transcend themselves and take the game through and come back from Old Trafford with a win."

Chelsea ambled through much of their match against the German side, with England Under-21 forward Daniel Sturridge the main livewire before Brazil defender Luiz scored on 67 minutes and Mata secured a more flattering final scoreline with a stoppage-time second.

The result pleased Villas-Boas, who said: "We had numerous chances throughout the game and deserved to win.

"An international week has gone by, then we had Sunderland after two days and then, after another two days, a Champions League win against a very tough team. But I am pleased, particularly with good passing and fluency in the game."

The Portuguese also said he had resolved the situation with Spanish striker Fernando Torres after he reportedly said that some of this team-mates were slow.

But despite setting up both of Chelsea's goals, Villas-Boas would not confirm whether the Torres had done enough to earn a start against United at the weekend.

"I have to make a decision," he said. "We have another couple of days to train, and he will compete with the other four for that position. We have to take the best decision possible."

Didier Drogba was also left out of the team against the Bundesliga side as he continues to recover from the concussion that he suffered against Norwich.

Villas-Boas said he was unsure as to whether the striker will be fit in time for the trip to Old Trafford.

You'll get hammered. smile.gif

Would you like a bet on that my ginger friend? haha

Would you like a bet on that my ginger friend? haha

I'll have a tenner says you lose by three goals....let's see what the grey goose makes of that one....rolleyes.gif

Edited by smokie36

they're one of the few teams who might beat united this season because they won't be afraid of united as most will. plus chelsea's midfield should be better at keeping possession than most. their defence is really going to have to turn up though.

they're one of the few teams who might beat united this season because they won't be afraid of united as most will. plus chelsea's midfield should be better at keeping possession than most. their defence is really going to have to turn up though.

Intesting stevie, you mention the defense. Made no bones about the fact he dropped Terry. He obviously reads the forum and i reckon they are a better unit without him. He really is very slow and his positional play just gets worse.

Mata, going forward is a breath of fresh air for them too. What with Sturridge hitting some form its quite interesting to see just how well Villas-Boas handles things.

Think he might have dropped Lampard too.

Just when it was looking like the torres of old (bleached hair and all) he misses one that even arry's wife could have scored.

Wayne's slip while debuting nike's new boot was remarkable timing.

Speaking of hair, I see this mohawk thingy is spreading like a virus-what's up with that?

As i said, a horrid little club. And i must say, rather average football wise. Modric played well on sunday btw

Can't wait till our derby, don't care where we play as we regard both grounds as home venues for us :) and hopefully the ref won't hand you a victory this time. ;)

As i said, a horrid little club. And i must say, rather average football wise. Modric played well on sunday btw

Can't wait till our derby, don't care where we play as we regard both grounds as home venues for us :) and hopefully the ref won't hand you a victory this time. ;)

Hahaha that's the best gag I've seen for ages? You consider the bridge home? And how many times have you beaten us in the last 20 years? Now going to 3 point lane is totally different, Modric scored a good goal but how does it feel when your best player doesn't want to be there, his heart is still set on playing for us!

Hahaha that's the best gag I've seen for ages? You consider the bridge home? And how many times have you beaten us in the last 20 years? Now going to 3 point lane is totally different, Modric scored a good goal but how does it feel when your best player doesn't want to be there, his heart is still set on playing for us!

Its very different now and you know it. When was the last time you won at the Lane.....actually, in the last four years how many points have you actually taken at the Lane?

Different story at your place i'll concede, although last season it took a scanalous equaliser and an offside awarded goal for you to win didn't it.

Moddersdoes'nt want to play for Chelsea as such, but i acknowledge he wants to play for 140k per week which is the only way a small club like yours can attract top players. I also doubt very much if he liked the idea of sharing a dressing room we Cashly and Captain Fantastic. :D

Edited by carmine

Its very different now and you know it. When was the last time you won at the Lane.....actually, in the last four years how many points have you actually taken at the Lane?

Different story at your place i'll concede, although last season it took a scanalous equaliser and an offside awarded goal for you to win didn't it.

Moddersdoes'nt want to play for Chelsea as such, but i acknowledge he wants to play for 140k per week which is the only way a small club like yours can attract top players. I also doubt very much if he liked the idea of sharing a dressing room we Cashly and Captain Fantastic. :D

No I can not agree with you on that one, Modric wants to come to Chelsea to play in the worlds biggest club competition each and every season, challenging for the title each and every season and not be at a little club that just scrapes into the Europa crap cup,

'arry redknapp has admitted if he is worth 40m then he will have to have his wages bumped up to appreciate his value, lets see how much your lot give him then.

No I can not agree with you on that one, Modric wants to come to Chelsea to play in the worlds biggest club competition each and every season, challenging for the title each and every season and not be at a little club that just scrapes into the Europa crap cup,

'arry redknapp has admitted if he is worth 40m then he will have to have his wages bumped up to appreciate his value, lets see how much your lot give him then.

Why on earth would you think you are challenging for the title? No one else does.

Chelsea are a boil on the arse of the premier league and the only chelsea fan i like is Sir Dickie Attenbrough.

Edited by carmine

Lets just see where the Yids are come May, I have doubts they will be 20+ points below us.....as per usual. So 'arry isn't that fussed to play in Europe this season, obviously not that bothered by the Carling Cup either hahahaha

Lets just see where the Yids are come May, I have doubts they will be 20+ points below us.....as per usual. So 'arry isn't that fussed to play in Europe this season, obviously not that bothered by the Carling Cup either hahahaha

Two out of three aint bad.