Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Glad you took the time to research. You must be really bored. Lol.

So 4 first teamers are under 25 - Oscar will be a starter soon. 2 are 25 and when we get Cesar, that will be another. So, 7 likely first teamers will be 25 or under.

7 from 11, or even 5 from 11 is many, no?

Who cares? Its all bought, theres no achievement. But anyway, carry on...

Hart I will agree on and maybe put Vorm in there. Reina not so sure. DeGea, now that is just crazy talk.

Crazy talk? As i said, DeGea is a work in progress, but what started this discussion, was a debate about managers being brave, managers making hard decisions for potential long term gain, and i think in terms of that, DeGea, or a DeGea type player, offers much more of that than someone like Cech.

If Chelsea do not get in the top 4, or even win the epl it will not be down to Cech.

How can you possibly know that? We are one game into the season. Anything could happen. Cech could be about to begin a series of howlers.

With Courtois waiting in the wings it would be silly to buy another keeper.

I don't know how good this fellow is, but if he is as good as you suggest, i agree it would be silly to buy another keeper, but i also think it is silly not blooding him in now. If you are waiting for Cech's form to drop, hello, that day came a couple of years ago.

Glad you took the time to research. You must be really bored. Lol.

So 4 first teamers are under 25 - Oscar will be a starter soon. 2 are 25 and when we get Cesar, that will be another. So, 7 likely first teamers will be 25 or under.

7 from 11, or even 5 from 11 is many, no?

Who cares? Its all bought, theres no achievement. But anyway, carry on...

We ALL care! That is why we post here.

Chelsea's achievements from 1993 - 2003 pre-Roman

1- Won the Cup winners Cup

2 - Reached 4 FA Cup finals (won 2 lost 2)

3 -Won the European Super Cup

4 - Won the League Cup

5 - Finished in the top 6 for 7 years straight

6 - Finished in the top 4 two years running.

7 - Finished 4th in 1998

8 - Finished 3rd in 1999 (lost 3 games and only 4 points behind the treble winners and European Champions) (back then only top 3 qualified for the Champions League).

9 - Showcased oneof the most influencial and fascinating players the Premiership has ever seen (Zola)

10 - Made it through the qualifying rounds and TWO yes TWO group stages to reach the Champions League quarter finals in our debut season (narrowly losing to Barcelona which resulted in a classic comeback and a game that will forever live in the Catalans memories)

What did spurs do in that time? Hmmmmmmm.

Moses is more of a midfielder, so hopefully he will not be taking Lukaku's spot. Moses looked decent enough against Chelsea at the weekend - causing our defence problems whenever he got the ball. At 21 he looks a good buy as he is more of a battering ram player than our existing players, so he gives us options against the more physical teams.

He was also good on fantasy football last year! :-)

Is this geezer really that good? better than Sturridge? I'm not too sure but I'm sure we will find out soon enough. Lukaku must be thinking his "Chelsea dream" is over now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19181196

I think he's good,Sea'. He's comfortable with either foot so he can operate on either flank. He's also got pace and accelleration which we've badly needed in midfield. In the formation De Matteo likes (4-1-3-2) it might be Ramires looking over his shoulder which is ridiculous because he shouldn't be stuck out there anyway. If De Matteo is forming the team to accommodate Lampard then he's making a mistake because there are younger and faster players at our disposal now.

Interesting point made by Efan Ekoku,during the match commentary against Reading and that I've noticed previously. "Chelsea never win the second ball,from a corner or free kick which is cleared".Why is that? Whether it's cleared in their or our penalty area,we are rarely on the end of it. I suspect that we commit too many players inside the penalty area and it's either Mikel or Cole that are left to pick up the pieces (when we're attacking).The problem with that is they lie too deep,because of their lack of pace and have no chance of getting the ball so,the counter attack is on and Terry and co.are frantically trying to get back.

Moses is more of a midfielder, so hopefully he will not be taking Lukaku's spot. Moses looked decent enough against Chelsea at the weekend - causing our defence problems whenever he got the ball. At 21 he looks a good buy as he is more of a battering ram player than our existing players, so he gives us options against the more physical teams.

I agree that he's a good buy,mij. To call him a 'battering ram player' is a bit unkind but he is physically strong. When you think that all this transfer business was ongoing, while he was on the pitch facing the club he's about to join, shows the mental toughness of the bloke, in that he caused us plenty of problems. What do you make of the somewhat 'muted' celebration by Ivanovic after he's scored his goals this season? Seems strange to me.

I agree that he's a good buy,mij. To call him a 'battering ram player' is a bit unkind but he is physically strong. When you think that all this transfer business was ongoing, while he was on the pitch facing the club he's about to join, shows the mental toughness of the bloke, in that he caused us plenty of problems. What do you make of the somewhat 'muted' celebration by Ivanovic after he's scored his goals this season? Seems strange to me.

Don't think its necessarily unkind being called a battering ram player. Drogba was that kind of player and one of the best, most effective strikers in premier league history.

Good news about Moses from what i saw last week but that was only one game. So could this see the departure of Sturridge? I bloody hope so (selfish big headed. unt)

I didn,t see the Reading game had to be content with the loud-mouthed Stan Collymore bashing my ears on talksport,apparently the aforementioned selfish git had the chance to set up Torres but chose to shoot instead(Well cut me legs off and call me shorty )( what a surprise)and when Torres did score he(sturrigde) didn,t join in the congratulations just trotted off to the half-way line and got himself a drink.

Now Og whats this about Ivanovic?

Regarding Moses, it wasn't meant to be derogatory, just pointing out that Hazard, Oscar and Mata, although possess a lot of skill can be bullied off the ball. Moses on the other hand will more often power his way through challenges and opponents that would have others flying.

Ivanovic is a funny one. Maybe he has a point to prove because Cesar might be coming and can take his spot. Maybe trying to prove a cb position should be his if Cesar takes his place, dunno.

Regarding Cesar Azilipicueta (?), I thought 'imminent' meant any minute soon, but maybe the definition has changed to 'we have no idea about this'. Cesar has been an imminent signing for the past 2 weeks!

Good news about Moses from what i saw last week but that was only one game. So could this see the departure of Sturridge? I bloody hope so (selfish big headed. unt)

I didn,t see the Reading game had to be content with the loud-mouthed Stan Collymore bashing my ears on talksport,apparently the aforementioned selfish git had the chance to set up Torres but chose to shoot instead(Well cut me legs off and call me shorty )( what a surprise)and when Torres did score he(sturrigde) didn,t join in the congratulations just trotted off to the half-way line and got himself a drink.

Now Og whats this about Ivanovic?

It seemed so unlike Ivanovic to score and then toddle off to the bye line all half hearted,Keith. I hope he's not getting the arseache because Azpilicueta has come in, because his forte has always been the centre of defence. Mind you,I wasn't particularly ecstatic with De Matteo's comment that "he's been brought in as cover for Ivanovic and Ferreira". Whaaat?

Yeah,Sturridge is an annoying f**kpig at times but he's typical of a lot of wide attacking English players in the Premiership. Give him half a second and he'll have us all drooling but allow him time to think and he's a muppet. Lennon is exactly the same....thick as two short planks.

I wonder if Newcastle will be thinking that they will do the same to us tonight,as they did at Stamford Bridge last season? Two reasons to think why Chelsea won't let that happen:

1) It was at the end of the season when we were focusing on the Champion's League and not trying to finish in the top four (surprising as that may seem).

2) We've got a point to prove that that result was <deleted> and a true reflection was when we went to their gaff in December.

It seemed so unlike Ivanovic to score and then toddle off to the bye line all half hearted,Keith. I hope he's not getting the arseache because Azpilicueta has come in, because his forte has always been the centre of defence. Mind you,I wasn't particularly ecstatic with De Matteo's comment that "he's been brought in as cover for Ivanovic and Ferreira". Whaaat?

Yeah,Sturridge is an annoying f**kpig at times but he's typical of a lot of wide attacking English players in the Premiership. Give him half a second and he'll have us all drooling but allow him time to think and he's a muppet. Lennon is exactly the same....thick as two short planks.

I wonder if Newcastle will be thinking that they will do the same to us tonight,as they did at Stamford Bridge last season? Two reasons to think why Chelsea won't let that happen:

1) It was at the end of the season when we were focusing on the Champion's League and not trying to finish in the top four (surprising as that may seem).

2) We've got a point to prove that that result was <deleted> and a true reflection was when we went to their gaff in December.

[/quote It should be one helluva game,Pardew keeping his powder dry by not playing his stars in the Europa league,plus our new signings. I just hope Di Matteo rest,s Lamps and plays a more possitive than negative formation. As for Ivanovic,no consulation for him but he,ll always have a place in my teamlaugh.png

Just heard that Sturridge could be off to the scousers. Rdm can,t get any offers for Malouda cos the greedy .arstards wage demands are too high.

Really looking forward to tonights game,should be a real test

Really? Surely we must be buying another striker then. We can just have Torres and no cover.......

Tonight's game will give us much more of an idea what to expect for the first half of the season. Hoping for a win, but not expecting it... :-(

We don't flow. Our play looks very patchy to me and Newcastle play better football. Against Wigan - a relegation contender - for larger spells of the game we could not get or keep the ball. I didn't see the Reading game, but a serious title contender would swat them away without breaking into sweat.

I think we will be very good in a few months, just at the moment the players don't have that instinct of knowing what everyone wants. Torres still doesn't seem to get much service and more often that not they pass too slow too him or not in front of him enough so he has to slow down.

Plus! Considering the amount of talent we have now, we play far to defensive. We rely on being on the break instead of wave after wave of pressure. IMO.

We don't flow. Our play looks very patchy to me and Newcastle play better football. Against Wigan - a relegation contender - for larger spells of the game we could not get or keep the ball. I didn't see the Reading game, but a serious title contender would swat them away without breaking into sweat.

I think we will be very good in a few months, just at the moment the players don't have that instinct of knowing what everyone wants. Torres still doesn't seem to get much service and more often that not they pass too slow too him or not in front of him enough so he has to slow down.

Plus! Considering the amount of talent we have now, we play far to defensive. We rely on being on the break instead of wave after wave of pressure. IMO.

Look at the players you have. Why shouldn't you win easily? Theres no excuse not to win comfortably as you did, simple as that. You should win all your games and slug it out with manchester which is what will happen.

Torres looking better and better and your 18m loanee Lukaku was fantastic yesterday btw. What a handful he is!

Yesterday's game was much better, certainly in the first half. Hazard is looking like the real deal, Torres was very good, Mikel was good and Bertrand is looking good too. If we keep playing like that we will be in the title hunt.

As for Lukaku. I'm happy for him as I was excited about his arrival and saddened that he got very little game time. From what I've read as soon as he took to the pitch WBA were much improved. Nice.

Another good result,acheived with a few team changes some inforced and some not. If Di Matteo can make the bold decisions then we will challenge the manc,s. Imho looks like most of the squad know that none of em are a shoe in week after week, apart from maybe Hazard and Torres,which is good for competition.

Long may it continue clap2.gif