Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

So the Chelsea exodus begins, Drogba has gone...apart from his diving antics he will be remembered as a Chelsea legend, Kalou, Bosingwa, Essien (not sure about that one) Malouda and Paulo Ferrera.

Whats your thoughts on those players going chaps? I'm really hoping Eden Hazard comes to Chelsea in the summer he is the kind of creative player that will really change the way we play.

I'm glad he's decided to call it a day with Chelsea. He,and a few others in the squad, have become very selective in their level of performance in particular games.For example,they would pull their <deleted> out when they're facing Barcelona in the Champions League yet would be anonymous in bread and butter Premier League matches.That's what happened last season and it can't happen again.

There's talk of him joining Anelka in China but I wouldn't put it past him to pack the game in and return to the Ivory Coast in some political capacity,such is his popularity there.

I dont think Drogba will be going to Shenhua either.

Their owner, Zhu Jun, is a right piece of work. Part of the story (and it is quite a laff) is summarized is in his wiki profile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhu_Jun_(businessman)

I very much doubt Anelka is being paid. Shenhua are 14/16 in the League and match attendance is 9,000.

Anyhow it looks like Anelka is off.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/?id=501790&type=Sports

I'm glad he's decided to call it a day with Chelsea. He,and a few others in the squad, have become very selective in their level of performance in particular games.For example,they would pull their <deleted> out when they're facing Barcelona in the Champions League yet would be anonymous in bread and butter Premier League matches.That's what happened last season and it can't happen again.

There's talk of him joining Anelka in China but I wouldn't put it past him to pack the game in and return to the Ivory Coast in some political capacity,such is his popularity there.

See that Kalou and Bosingwa are to follow him. Never forget seeing Kalou on Chelsea TV being interviewed by that bald know-it-all and he came across as having the mentality of a five year old. That was a few years ago but judging from the spider he had on the back of his head on Saturday, not much has changed. Mental age aside, to my eyes he has been one of the most unreliable and inconsistent of that blow hot, blow cold group you mention.

I must disagree with you on Kalou,Rix. He's been consistently rubbish throughout his career! Joking aside,the first two years he was at the club,he looked good but then he went to the African Nations Cup,disappeared for a week (apparently,he went on a 'spiritual walkabout' there) and was never the same since.Bosingwa is a quick,talented,unpredictable full back who cannot tackle.

So the Chelsea exodus begins, Drogba has gone...apart from his diving antics he will be remembered as a Chelsea legend, Kalou, Bosingwa, Essien (not sure about that one) Malouda and Paulo Ferrera.

Whats your thoughts on those players going chaps? I'm really hoping Eden Hazard comes to Chelsea in the summer he is the kind of creative player that will really change the way we play.

Essien,although undoubtedly effected by the injury he picked up in the African Nations,is still a good player in the holding midfield role.Whether he will be prepared to play second fiddle to Mikel next season is debatable. Mikel is one of the players that has benefited from his run in the side and was outstanding in the Euro' Cup Final. It must have been a kick in the goolies for Malouda to be overlooked in favour of Bertrand in the Final. I think that will be the last straw for him. Ferrera is the consummate professional.He never complains and does a job when called into the team.He was one of our best players away to Benfica. I would extend his contract, if only as a role model for the younger players. A future coaching role at the club could be on the table.

Whoever takes over at Chelsea needs to stop buying African nationals. The ACON seems to damage the careers of so many of them - players are worth half their intrinsic value by dint of its destructive effect. Same for our Arenal guy, whos name actually escapes me as I write, he was so invisible after returning from it!

Yeah OG I wouldn't like to see Essien go, once he gets his fitness back he will be back to his best and if he goes that could come back to haunt us, Bosingwa is a funny one, he looks suited to being on the muppet show rather than playing for us with his massive mono brow haha. Ferrera isn't the best but we can always rely on him when need be. Seems like its going to be a very interesting summer, with talk of Pep Guardiola now saying he could be "seduced" to manage a team next season, basically whoever will pay him the most money, Eden Hazard yet to decide which club with us in contention and Lukaku fighting for his career while on the US summer tour. Personally I don't think he is good enough, I've seen him play a few times live and yes he is a big lad for a youngster but he does not have the pace and isn't technically gifted, we paid £18m for him, whoever our scout was at that time I just hope he is no longer at the club,

one more to add....Terry.

while he has been a great player over the years I believe he is now well past his best.

Enjoyed the champions league final, great performance from chelsea all round.

I dont think the result would have been the same if terry had played though.

while he has been a great player over the years I believe he is now well past his best.

I was thinking that myself. i think Gomez would have turned him inside out. It seems that Chelsea fc rate him higher than the rest of us do.

RT@Now_Football: BREAKING: Roberto Di Matteo has signed a one year deal at Chelsea, according to reports. #CFC

So Guardiola's signing after his sabbatical! I suppose it would have had to be a big spending club to lure him after Barcelona.

It seems Chelsea's spending is endless.

I was thinking that myself. i think Gomez would have turned him inside out. It seems that Chelsea fc rate him higher than the rest of us do.

And he gets picked ahead of Ferdinand for England, Terry will get raped by France tonight.

And he gets picked ahead of Ferdinand for England, Terry will get raped by France tonight.

Yes quite likely. English just have to try and keep it tight. Its a case of fingers crossed!!

Roys never been that interested in a players mobility, speed on the turn. His focus has always been long ball breaks and banging it in the box. He likes terry because of his aerial strength but seems unaware of his obvious weaknesses.

Yes quite likely. English just have to try and keep it tight. Its a case of fingers crossed!!

Roys never been that interested in a players mobility, speed on the turn. His focus has always been long ball breaks and banging it in the box. He likes terry because of his aerial strength but seems unaware of his obvious weaknesses.

We all know about Terry's lack of pace but what are the other "obvious weaknesses" because they seem to have eluded Erikkson,McClaren and Capello as well as Hodgson? Add to that the selection committees for choosing him as the UEFA Club Defender of the Year in 2005,2008 and 2009 and including him in the All Star squad for 2006 FIFA World Cup,the only English player to make the team and you got a multitude of people who are,apparently,oblivious to his "weaknesses".

Well i hate to break it to you but as players get older they deteriorate. Its called the ageing process.

In summary, to answer your question, he has the turning speed of the Amoco Cadiz, fully laden

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Well i hate to break it to you but as players get older they deteriorate. Its called the ageing process.

In summary, to answer your question, he has the turning speed of the Amoco Cadiz, fully laden

You've already said he's slow,judge,and the scoop that he's getting older (aren't we all?).Hold the front page.I'm still waiting to hear of the "other weaknesses".

You've already said he's slow,judge,and the scoop that he's getting older (aren't we all?).Hold the front page.I'm still waiting to hear of the "other weaknesses".

He's supposed to be an international center back. We agree, he's getting old, he's slow, he can't turn....exactly how many weaknesses does he need to have?

OK, i'll add one more...a thoroughly divisive individual who will no doubt undermine Gerrard whenever his inflated gobshite ego will allow him

He's supposed to be an international center back. We agree, he's getting old, he's slow, he can't turn....exactly how many weaknesses does he need to have?

OK, i'll add one more...a thoroughly divisive individual who will no doubt undermine Gerrard whenever his inflated gobshite ego will allow him

Well,there shouldn't be any doubt that he is an international centre back since he's been at it for nine years,half of those as England captain.And there's a flaw in the argument that "he's too slow" as I can't remember when he hasn't been.Of course he's getting older, but that's not a weakness,just a fact of life.No,the only weakness he has is that he get's turned when one on one.But he overcomes that with his awareness,anticipation,experience and tackling ability.He's a very competent two footed player who can pass and read a game and is a leader on the pitch. Divisive? Why do successive England managers select him as their captain then if he's a menace to the dressing room? If your looking for candidates for dissension and inflated egos,what about messrs.Rooney and Ferdinand? Look,I don't know what goes on behind closed doors in the England dressing room and who did what to whom,but one thing I do know is that you don't know either.

Well,there shouldn't be any doubt that he is an international centre back since he's been at it for nine years,half of those as England captain.And there's a flaw in the argument that "he's too slow" as I can't remember when he hasn't been.Of course he's getting older, but that's not a weakness,just a fact of life.No,the only weakness he has is that he get's turned when one on one.But he overcomes that with his awareness,anticipation,experience and tackling ability.He's a very competent two footed player who can pass and read a game and is a leader on the pitch. Divisive? Why do successive England managers select him as their captain then if he's a menace to the dressing room? If your looking for candidates for dissension and inflated egos,what about messrs.Rooney and Ferdinand? Look,I don't know what goes on behind closed doors in the England dressing room and who did what to whom,but one thing I do know is that you don't know either.

Too many people (Spuds?) seem to be willing to believe stuff they read in tabloids when it comes to moral issues. These are the same people who say you can't believe anything you read in the (insert Sun or Mail) when it comes to on-pitch matters or transfer rumours.

Edited by SantiSuk

No you don't know where i get my information from. What else do you "know" other than hearsay?

No you don't know where i get my information from. What else do you "know" other than hearsay?

Well now,if McClaren,Erikkson,Capello and Hodgson told me that he was a divisive character,I would believe them.Players,agents and newspaper reporters? No,because they have agendas and papers to sell.You? You would be off the radar completely.

Wonderful stuff from the Oldgit! biggrin.png

Might i reming you that the fallouts with the ferdinands and prior, Wayne Bridge didn't happen untill after the stewardship of Mssrs Erikkson and McClaren so the whole divisive issue obviously isn't relevent to them. Secondly you again use them as examples of coaches that picked him. but what an earth has a player picked back then to do with a player picked in the last two months? Apart from nothing at all that is. coffee1.gif

Edited by carmine

Might i reming you that the fallouts with the ferdinands and prior, Wayne Bridge didn't happen untill after the stewardship of Mssrs Erikkson and McClaren so the whole divisive issue obviously isn't relevent to them. Secondly you again use them as examples of coaches that picked him. but what an earth has a player picked back then to do with a player picked in the last two months? Apart from nothing at all that is. coffee1.gif

Ah,the old Wayne Bridge chesnut. Tiresome as it is and not giving two f**ks what players get up to off the field,those allegations were unfounded and two notable English 'newspapers' (and I use that term loosely) were compelled to print apologies afterwards. That happened in February 2010 and England,as is the norm in tournaments from 1966 onwards,failed to live up to expectations in South Africa after winning their pre World Cup friendlies,with Terry participating in four of them,incidently.You'll be telling me he was personally responsible for England's inept performances in South Africa next.Wait,let's blame him for all the fuc_k ups right the way back to 1966 for good measure!

As far as the Ferdinands were concerned,well,that's been well documented and the truth has yet to be established.Anyway,the three of them deserve one another.I'm not putting up Terry as a paragon of virtue because he obviously isn't.

The original discussion was his prowess on the football field.The fact that you and practically everybody else outside of Chelsea think that he's a c**t so,therefore,can't play is ridiculous.I thought Gascoigne was a tosser but that didn't cloud my judgement that he was a hell of a footballer.

Ah,the old Wayne Bridge chesnut. Tiresome as it is and not giving two f**ks what players get up to off the field,those allegations were unfounded and two notable English 'newspapers' (and I use that term loosely) were compelled to print apologies afterwards. That happened in February 2010 and England,as is the norm in tournaments from 1966 onwards,failed to live up to expectations in South Africa after winning their pre World Cup friendlies,with Terry participating in four of them,incidently.You'll be telling me he was personally responsible for England's inept performances in South Africa next.Wait,let's blame him for all the fuc_k ups right the way back to 1966 for good measure!

As far as the Ferdinands were concerned,well,that's been well documented and the truth has yet to be established.Anyway,the three of them deserve one another.I'm not putting up Terry as a paragon of virtue because he obviously isn't.

The original discussion was his prowess on the football field.The fact that you and practically everybody else outside of Chelsea think that he's a c**t so,therefore,can't play is ridiculous.I thought Gascoigne was a tosser but that didn't cloud my judgement that he was a hell of a footballer.

Chelsea sure missed him in the CL final didn't they!

What he didn't play i am sure i saw him at the end in his chelsea kit lifting the cup w00t.gif

We did.We would have pissed up if he had playedwink.png