Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Liverpool aka Duran Duran.

The mighty spurs, who have only beaten chelsea 4 times since the epl began. Prior to last year you have to go back to 1994 to see when spurs were higher in the table.........what year did Roman start investing? Who were this first team to see out to investors? Hmmmm.

Torres's last throw of the dice tonight i feel .....if ever there was an advert for a professional footballer getting sacked for not doing his job then he is it!

If Roman brought Benitez in to see if he could get him playing again to a standard same as he was at Liverpool then Abromovich is deluded and wants lynching.

Anyway Fulhams captain Alf is out so maybe he has a chance?

If chelsea win I doubt it will because of Torres. I would love to be wrong, but I can't see him improving much. Maybe 10 premier league goals this year if he's not sold in January.

Players that have 'gone' for two seasons, rarely ever recover to become the player they once were.

Torres should go back to Spain, one of the smaller clubs there might suit him.

If chelsea win I doubt it will because of Torres. I would love to be wrong, but I can't see him improving much. Maybe 10 premier league goals this year if he's not sold in January.

Players that have 'gone' for two seasons, rarely ever recover to become the player they once were.

2 seasons?? Closer to 4! Torres back to Atletico with a bundle of cash, plus assurance that Courtois will stay another year and Ramadamadingdong wears a Chelsea shirt. Nice.

2 seasons?? Closer to 4! Torres back to Atletico with a bundle of cash, plus assurance that Courtois will stay another year and Ramadamadingdong wears a Chelsea shirt. Nice.

Right, I was being gentle on him. What sort of bundle of cash would you expect from Athletico Madrid for a 4 season non performer?

Right, I was being gentle on him. What sort of bundle of cash would you expect from Athletico Madrid for a 4 season non performer? And I'm not so sure AM would see him as an asset.

I mean Torres plus £46m of the £48 clause to let Falcao go.

Sorry, misunderstood. So basically, you are saying Torres is worth roughly a free transfer?

At least you won't have competition from Spurs for Falcao. wink.pnghttp://www.goal.com/en-india/news/137/england/2012/11/28/3561949/defoe-is-as-good-as-falcao-says-tottenham-boss-villas-boas?source=breakingnews

Sorry, misunderstood. So basically, you are saying Torres is worth roughly a free transfer?

At least you won't have competition from Spurs for Falcao. wink.pnghttp://www.goal.com/en-india/news/137/england/2012/11/28/3561949/defoe-is-as-good-as-falcao-says-tottenham-boss-villas-boas?source=breakingnews

Yep, can't believe he still gets paid to be honest. We have lots of exciting young players and I don't want them to look at a sulky striker.

At least you won't have competition from Spurs for Falcao. wink.pnghttp://www.goal.com/...ce=breakingnews

Yep, can't believe he still gets paid to be honest. We have lots of exciting young players and I don't want them to look at a sulky striker.

How will Chelsea move on with Abramavitch wanting Torres to play?

Hopefully it will be a win win situation for Chelsea. I do think that Roman bought Rafa in to get the best out of Torres. If he does get Torres back to scoring for fun (I doubt it) then great. If in January Torres is still a dud, then I think he will be out the door.

It's not as though I don't want Torres to succeed. All I ask of the chelsea players is to put in 100% all the time. With Mata, if he misses an opportunity he will look disappointed for about 5 seconds, then it's head down and start again. With Torres he sulks and looks the victim. I can stand that attitude. So many times we see him looking at the ref in disappointment mumbling something to himself and trudging on. Just go if its that bad.

Hopefully it will be a win win situation for Chelsea. I do think that Roman bought Rafa in to get the best out of Torres. If he does get Torres back to scoring for fun (I doubt it) then great. If in January Torres is still a dud, then I think he will be out the door.

It's not as though I don't want Torres to succeed. All I ask of the chelsea players is to put in 100% all the time. With Mata, if he misses an opportunity he will look disappointed for about 5 seconds, then it's head down and start again. With Torres he sulks and looks the victim. I can stand that attitude. So many times we see him looking at the ref in disappointment mumbling something to himself and trudging on. Just go if its that bad.

Sounds like Rafa (who is already being vilified) will be out of the door with him.

I do understand what you are saying about Torres sulking....his face stays red for a long time.

Rafa will stay till the end of the season and good luck to him. I don't really like him, but the team come first not an individual.

But it sounds like his success is linked to Torres.

IF Torres hits form, with RA keep Rafa?

Edited by uptheos

Depends on the trophies and the style of play. Even though we won the cl and FA cup with RDM, our football wasn't pleasing to the eye and I'm sure that was the first nail in RDMs coffin. Roman wants perfection and he will either get it or end up with nobody left to employ.

Depends on the trophies and the style of play. Even though we won the cl and FA cup with RDM, our football wasn't pleasing to the eye and I'm sure that was the first nail in RDMs coffin. Roman wants perfection and he will either get it or end up with nobody left to employ.

I predict three more players will arrive in January. None of them will cost less than £30m.

Most of us will hardly recognise your side by mid Jan and Torres will be struggling to find a place on the bench.

However to elevate this discussion for a moment from its sorry thread, what constitutes perfection?

The Liverpool side of the eighties? Man Yoo in the late nineties. The Arsenal defence of the nineties? The likes of Shearer/Sutton up front? Perhaps Lineker?

The Forest side of the late seventies perhaps?

In any case what are the core qualities which foster such perfection? Do Chelsea possess them?

Over to you chaps!

PS....the Arse are only there for that defensive quartet....tongue.png

Or sell the club because boredom of his toy may set in! wink.png

I predict three more players will arrive in January. None of them will cost less than £30m.

Most of us will hardly recognise your side by mid Jan and Torres will be struggling to find a place on the bench.

However to elevate this discussion for a moment from its sorry thread, what constitutes perfection?

The Liverpool side of the eighties? Man Yoo in the late nineties. The Arsenal defence of the nineties? The likes of Shearer/Sutton up front? Perhaps Lineker?

In any case what are the core qualities which foster such perfection? Do Chelsea possess them?

Over to you chaps!

The Invincibles.

Over to you chaps!

We had it all before mate under Mourinho. That was perfection. probably for 2 calendar years,great at the back solid in midfield pacey and devastating in attack. He played 4 at the back, 3 at the back and even 2 at the back if we needed to get that result.

We got the makings of being there again.

With Cole going,probably need another left back,unless Bertrand mans up.Can,t fault Ivanovich as a centre back along with Cahill, Azpilicueta has done nothing wrong as yet got a good keeper on loan at A.madrid when chech.s days are up,can,t fault the talent we have in midfield,,just need a decent striker.Lukaku could be the dogs <deleted> in this side and even that greedy selfish arrogant Sturridge(but i doubt it) We.ll see. mellow.png

You blow hot and cold Keith. Why is that do you think?

You can hardly claim not to have enough strikers or attacking midfielders either. Personally I think your side is not a team, not in the true sense. You were lucky to win the CL last year and Boris knows it. Winning it with real style and flair won't happen for him, cos he can't stop tinkering and knows nothing about the game more than the average prawn munching fan.

Edited to add "prawn munching".

Edited by smokie36